It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Fights Back: Says 'We Will Not Tolerate Sharia Law In Our Schools'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: dragonridr

Well you are the one who got specific, I'm just trying to keep the lanes of the discussion consistent. Again ISIS isn't the majority of muslims. It isn't even a significant portion of them.

Fun Fact: There are Muslims who DON'T live in the Middle East.

Of course there are but they can only get away with killing gays when they are in charge. For the moment gay muslims in America are somewhat protected. Though you would be hard pressed finding one willing to admit they were gay do to fear of being attacked. You continually try to deflect and this is not an issue to play semantics with. People are dying because of who they are attracted to. Islamic countries have harsh penalties up to and including death and i dont think anyone should die because they want to have sex with their same gender.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Gryphon66

How many gay muslims do you know?

Well...Muslims are only .9% (point nine percent) of the US Population and Gays run around 5-7% of us population ...so..gay Muslims in the US might be around .00045?...about 1 in every 2000 Americans might be a gay Muslim..assuming they are out of the closet?

Maybe best to look outside the US where Muslim Populations are higher?

What it's like to be gay and Muslim

In Paris, Darjes spent time with Ludovic-Mohamed Zahed, an openly gay imam who opened the city's first gay-friendly mosque.

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Do you consider the Muslim brotherhood terrorists?

I think it's debatable. They are definitely a self-admitted conservative group, but I don't see convincing evidence that they are anything like ISIS or Al Qaeda.

Regardless, I don't see much of a connection with CAIR. CAIR's only reason for existence is to fight for American Muslims' civil rights and to dispel negative stereotypes of Muslims. That's all anyone has ever found them doing, anyway. No one has ever caught them funding terrorism or promoting terrorism or committing acts of terrorism.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Omar Ahmed and Nihad Awad, CAIR co-founders who today serve as CAIR's chairman emeritus and executive director, respectively,are members of the Brotherhood's Palestine Committee in America. Many countries consider the muslim brotherhood to be terrorists.
edit on 5/2/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I see that they were members of the now defunct Islamic Association of Palestine. I know that one of the men publicly supported Hamas until Hamas started blowing people up, then he denounced the group and wanted nothing more to do with them. How does that prove that CAIR is a terrorist group?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
All this endless arguing and war over an illiterate war-mongering man who claimed to be a prophet of god. Might as well just worship genghis khan.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

If people don't open their eyes soon, twenty years from now it's gonna look like Saudi Arabia. And nothing good ever came from that backward country.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neith

If people don't open their eyes soon, twenty years from now it's gonna look like Saudi Arabia. And nothing good ever came from that backward country.

Except oil.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The First Amendment's freedom of religion is two-fold: government can't stop a religion from being practiced, govenrment can't force the practice of a religion.

Muslims are ritually REQUIRED to pray at certain times of the day.

Anyone who believes in the Constitution should see the obvious answer.

Yeah. Nice, eh?

Pray off campus. Between classes or do they expect everyone to wait for the 2 kids to finish their multiple daily religious commitments?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

The First Amendment's freedom of religion is two-fold: government can't stop a religion from being practiced, govenrment can't force the practice of a religion.

Yeah. Nice, eh?

Pray off campus. Between classes or do they expect everyone to wait for the 2 kids to finish their multiple daily religious commitments?

The supreme court gives them the right to pray in school as required by their religion.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm not a Christian, or anything else. I am simply me, do not box me in.

I'll tell you what scares me to death.

On June 12'th of last year Omar Mateen entered Pulse Nightclub about an hour away from where I live.

He murdered 49 people and injured another 50, all while shouting Allahu Akbar and criticizing the west's involvement in Syria.

You are not religious...but you believe that Allah forced him to murder those people?
How does that work?
And the "West's involvement in Syria"...that sounds political, not religious?

Joseph Kony of the Lord's Resistance Army of Uganda has raped, abducted and murdered well over 100k children in the past decade in an attempt to establish a theocratic Christian state based on the Ten Commandments.

How do you reconcile that? Or does it just not matter because it is brown people far away?

How it works is, he couldn't throw them all off a building one by one, by himself.

And how is that going for kony and the LRA? Where is uganda, btw?

Aren't they in 20-30 countries now, trying to establish a christian theocratic empire based on the 10 commandments?

How about the atheist Shining Path? Since someone asked about atheists.

edit on 5 2 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

They don't exist? So tell me who were those people that were being thrown off the roofs.

Gays, can you prove they are muslim?

I know plenty of gay christians.

Are there gays in Iran? Let's see.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Has been proven already in here.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yeah. Nice, eh?

The supreme court gives them the right to pray in school as required by their religion.

If it doesn't hold things up, fine.

And let's put prayer rooms for each religion, to be fair of course.

edit on 5 2 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Has been proven already in here.

Where?!

Mateen?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Woodcarver

Yes I'm aware how taxes work. I'm sixty years old.

The rest of your post is irrelevant and bigoted.

How was it not relevant to ask for proof that their claims are true? Or is your position that religious claims are beyond scrutiny?

Yes...religious claims are beyond scrutiny..
That is why they are called "faith" not "science"..
If they were proven, they would not be religion..
Though I think Scientology works hard to muddy that differentiation.

I am agnostic, always have been...never so arrogant to believe there might not be a higher-power, but not so gullible as to believe that someone waving incense or reciting verse in Latin etc. has it figured out.

I simply accept the ambiguity of not being certain as a part of life.

That said...Christians want to pray in some unused room in a school...go for it....ditto Muslims...Ditto the worshippers of the Spaghetti Monster..

I only take issue when people start to pick and choose what "faiths" shall be tolerated..
Religious claims are beyond scrutiny? Since when? Are you sure you want to hold on to that position? Because i can gaurantee you that you don't want to allow all religious claims to become a part of your life.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Notice that when that veteran started talking about bullying against Christians in and out of the campus was getting bad, and some libtard started blowing a whistle to stop the veteran from further speaking up.

Here is the thing. Meanwhile there have been some cases in which racists have attacked, or insulted Muslims, we also have many cases of Muslims falsely claiming of being attacked... This is part of the agenda to get the west to accept Shari'a and Muslim rule. These same people don't say a peep about the real persecutions that Christians and other minorities are suffering in Muslim countries...

Christians and other minorities are being murdered in majority Muslim nations meanwhile we have retards in power in the United States playing favoritism with Muslim immigrants from the same regions where Christians and other minorities are being persecuted and murdered.

Minority Report: Christian Persecution in Muslim-Majority Countries

There are some lawmakers who are noticing this, and alongside many parents they are trying to stop this nonsense.

Lawmakers fear Islamic 'indoctrination' in schools

Heck, even Universities are starting to find ways to indoctrinate Shari'a.
Shari'a Fellowship Launched by Harvard University for the 2017-2018 Academic Year.

People do have a right to follow whatever religion they want to adhere to. But what is happening is that western nations are being flooded with Muslim refugees, many which are extremists and have committed acts of violence. We have lawmakers in several states trying to force children in the west not to be respectful of children who are Muslims, but they are being indoctrinated to embrace Islam. Not to mention that other religions like Christianity are not being taught like Islam is.

What is happening is the destruction of western values, and forcing westerners to bow to Muslim extremism known as Shari'a.

This BS has to be stopped. One thing is to teach children to be respectful of others no matter their religion, sex, culture etc, but instead our younger generations are being indoctrinated to embrace Islam.

edit on 3-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Im just going to assume your naive or just dont know. Links have been made to hamas by caire including funding. If you choose to educate yourself there is currently a court case going on the exhibits were made public so you can look at the connections. David Yerushalmi, AFLC Co-Founder and Senior Counsel, commented:

“We are eager to get to trial to prove in court what the documentary sought to prove in the public square: that CAIR is a Muslim Brotherhood-Hamas front group.”

Oh and many may realize the name Abu Baker he was involved in Caires founding as well.

www.txnd.uscourts.gov...

www.investigativeproject.org...

Now back to my question do you consider the Muslim Brotherhood to be terrorists? Here's their motto for you to read:
"Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. The Qur'an is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest aspiration."

Make you think twice on your decision?

edit on 5/2/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Yes well, I was going to add that in, but I thought that was all too obvious.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I have to say that I wholeheartedly agree, my friend.

I thought the issue(s) of state sponsored religion and school prayer was settled by the Supreme Court many years ago!?!?

Madalyn Murray O'Hare
Abington School District vs Schempp
Engel vs Vitale
Lee vs Weisman
Santa Fe Independent School Dist. vs Doe
Lemon vs Kurtzman

I realize that these cases were (or at least seemed to be) primarily targeted at Christianity, but (surely!) not exclusively. I realize that the topic of this thread is Sharia law, and not specifically prayer, but would Sharia law not by definition include muslim prayer? (A serious question that I truly don't know the answer to)

I was under the impression that these cases did not preclude silent prayer on school grounds by individual students, even during class, as long as a teacher or school employee wasn't LEADING the prayer. (Meaning "School Sponsored" religious observances)

Also, wasn't one of the reasons for passing this legislation to keep Athiests and non-Christians from being exposed to religious observances that they found "Offensive"?

How is the observance of Sharia law any different? Nobody is preventing Muslims from praying, but perhaps not everyone wants to be exposed to it, especially if class has to be disrupted BECAUSE of it.

Personally, I would have no problem whatsoever with a Muslim student (or students) finding a quiiet, out of the way place, and praying there, anymore than I would with a Christian, Jew, Buddhist, or Hindu doing the same (or a Satanist, or a Wicca (Wiccan?), for that matter).

If the whole class or school isn't required to stop everything that they are doing to accommodate a Christian praying, how is it fair that they be required to do so for a muslim? If you are "Required" to pray 5 times a day, then excuse yourself, find a quiet place, and do so.

How many hoops should a non-muslim student, in an American public school, be REQUIRED to jump through in order to accommodate Islamic students' beliefs? Especially if the non-muslim student considers organized religion of ANY sort to be a weak-minded fantasy, as I'm sure a great many do...

On the outside chance that prayer is NOT included in "Sharia law", then, umm, well, never mind, I suppose.
edit on 3-5-2017 by MteWamp because: Added a line

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join