It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Fights Back: Says 'We Will Not Tolerate Sharia Law In Our Schools'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I would imagine that it would be the same percentage as the general population.

I dont think so the general population doesnt throw them off buildings. But this is off topic as to sharia they are not trying to implement sharia in school. The children have rights while attending school.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

We were talking about how many gay Muslims there are.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The general population of Musilms don't throw them off of buildings either. ISIS isn't the majority of Muslims.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Waiting for just one person to come in this thread and say:

"Why yes! I have a friend who is gay and a devout muslim! He's openly gay, goes to the mosque,and his Imam accepts him!"

But I won't hold my breath, because I know they don't exist.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

They don't exist? So tell me who were those people that were being thrown off the roofs.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

CAIR is a front for terrorism, the FBI even believes this, as has been pointed out and sourced multiple times in this thread.

I don't think they really do. If true, why hasn't the FBI shut down CAIR in the U.S.?

At the homeland security conference, I took the opportunity to ask Mr. Mukasey, since he spoke at length about CAIR being a front for Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood, how a terrorist group could openly continue to operate in the U.S. If his allegations held any merit, why hadn’t the FBI shut them down yet? Did Mr. Mukasey have evidence the FBI didn’t?

The response, although vague, did point out that the FBI still bars any official engagement with CAIR, which is the larger problem. The FBI’s stance on CAIR, which feeds into the right-wing conspiracy about the organization, has badly damaged CAIR’s reputation and driven away supporters, stripped CAIR of due process, impaired American Muslims’ access to civil liberties advocacy, and harmed the work of the FBI itself by creating distrust from American Muslims.

The greatest irony of this debacle is that not only does CAIR continue to work with other federal, state, and local governments and agencies, but they also continue to work with the FBI in an unofficial capacity. The FBI is routinely engaged by CAIR when hate crimes against Muslims arise, the two groups appear at events together, and on a local level across the country, FBI agents have expressed their hope to Muslim leaders that the official FBI policy towards CAIR will eventually be resolved so they can continue to work together.

www.loonwatch.com...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Waiting for just one person to come in this thread and say:

"Why yes! I have a friend who is gay and a devout muslim! He's openly gay, goes to the mosque,and his Imam accepts him!"

But I won't hold my breath, because I know they don't exist.

How about a gay Imam?

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

My point is, the ones that don't get thrown off roofs go on to escape their life of oppression and usually end up moving to Tel Aviv where there is a huge secular gay arab population.

edit on 5/2/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I tried pointing this out earlier in the thread but the OP cares more about the UAE's terrorist designations than his own country's designations (for reference the UAE considers CAIR to be a terrorist organization).

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well of course the Obama administration didn't want CAIR designated as a terrorist organization, they were allocating funds for CAIR and many of CAIR's top reps were advisors to Obama as well as installed in various positions in his administration.

How John Kerry Secretly Lobbied to Get CAIR Removed From UAE’s Terrorist Organization List

In December 2014, CAIR met with top officials of the State Department, the Department of Homeland Security and the Justice Department, asking them to pressure the UAE to remove them from the list, according to reliable sources intimately familiar with the communications. On December 22, 2014, CAIR issued a press release asserting that “the two American Muslim organizations and the US government pledged to work together to achieve a positive solution to the UAE designations.”

In response to a letter sent by CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad to Secretary Kerry protesting the UAE designation, Kerry responded on May 5, 2015, in a letter to Awad stating, “Let me reiterate, first, that the US government clearly does not consider CAIR to be a terrorist organization. As your letter noted, the Department of State rejected this allegation immediately after the UAE designations were announced in November, and we will continue to do so. … US officials have raised the issue of CAIR’s inclusion on the UAE’s terror list with UAE officials on multiple occasions…”

That portion of the letter now appears on CAIR’s website. But at the time that the letter was sent to CAIR, according to knowledgeable sources, there was an agreement between CAIR and the State Department to keep the letter secret. An excerpt from it was posted on CAIR’s website only in May 2016, a year after it was received. The IPT has learned that Kerry and CAIR agreed to keep the letter secret so as to protect Kerry from public embarrassment. In light of CAIR’s numerous ties to Hamas and other unsavory aspects of its record, Kerry had good reason to believe that the letter could cause a public relations disaster for him.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Who cares? I notice that the Trump administration hasn't labeled them a terrorist organization either.
edit on 2-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The general population of Musilms don't throw them off of buildings either. ISIS isn't the majority of Muslims.

Islamists see it as wrong and either jail or kill members of the LGBT community. Dont try to deny the facts thats part of the problem. We make excuses allowing this to continue but its ok because not everyone does it. Sadly there are very few exceptions where Islam is dominant.
www.washingtonblade.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

Well of course the Obama administration didn't want CAIR designated as a terrorist organization

But Trump will, right?

link   

Don't move the goal posts back. You SPECIFICALLY talked about throwing them off of buildings.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Don't move the goal posts back. You SPECIFICALLY talked about throwing them off of buildings.

Oh so you want to get specific about how gays are killed by islamists? Seriously there is just as many incidents of gays being thrown off buildings. What you didnt seem to understand is i used a popular reference to make a point of the plight of the LGBT community.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

news.vice.com...

edit on 5/2/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Well you are the one who got specific, I'm just trying to keep the lanes of the discussion consistent. Again ISIS isn't the majority of muslims. It isn't even a significant portion of them.

Fun Fact: There are Muslims who DON'T live in the Middle East.
edit on 2-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Oh yeah, Obama - the sekrit Muslim.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Yeah, the UAE apparently listed lots of peaceful Muslim groups all across Europe as terrorists organizations for some strange unknown reason - with absolutely no explanation or evidence as to why. If they've got info, why aren't they sharing it with other governments? Cuz they got no info, that's why.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Yeah, the UAE apparently listed lots of peaceful Muslim groups all across Europe as terrorists organizations for some strange unknown reason - with absolutely no explanation or evidence as to why. If they've got info, why aren't they sharing it with other governments? Cuz they got no info, that's why.

Its not strange at all the UAE had a split with the muslim brotherhood and moved them to terrorists. When they did that Caire was moved as well as it is an organization created by the muslim brotherhood. Prior to this the UAE supported them so the key is to if the UAE is right depends on one fact, Do you consider the Muslim brotherhood terrorists?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What about all those goats?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join