It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Fights Back: Says 'We Will Not Tolerate Sharia Law In Our Schools'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Your wall of text all links to the same guys Islamaphobia site...

The guy who famously declared this...

Comments on Fox News about Birmingham, United Kingdom and Paris, France

In January 2015, following terrorist attacks in Paris, France, Emerson stated in an interview on Fox News that the city of Birmingham was populated entirely by Muslims and was a "no go area" for non-Muslims.

According to an estimate from the UK Census of 2011, Birmingham is estimated to have 21.8% of its population identify as Muslim, with a Christian population of 46%, and 25% claiming no religion or not giving a religion.

In the same interview, he claimed that in London, "Muslim religious police 'beat' anyone who doesn't dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire".

The Associated Press found the error was just one error that lead to four apologies within 12 hours by Fox News for the errors in reporting.

The UK media regulatory authority Ofcom found Fox News to be in breach of the UK's broadcasting code on account of the comments. Ofcom described the comments as "materially misleading" and "a serious breach".

www.investigativeproject.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Sillyolme

You are correct in your assertion that the school is not infringing on separation of church/state laws simply by offering a space to do whatever it is they need to do (that might include praying) to satisfy their beliefs.

The point is, if they offer a space that is inclusive of only one culture or religion, it thereby excludes every other culture or religion from using that space.

If you're going to offer prayer rooms for muslims, then you need a chapel for christians, a schul for jews, an alter for satanists... You see where this is going.

Best to simply do away with safe spaces all together in order to avoid any encroachment on the church/state separation laws.

And what is any of that to do with Sharia Law? Why is providing a space where individuals can pray being classed as Sharia Law? Is it by any chance gullible over-excitable people who want to make a drama?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

lol, you really couldn't make it up......................... oh, wait, someone has? Are people on ATS seriously believing such rubbish? Please don't all rush to respond, I know the intelligent ones don't.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Your wall of text all links to the same guys Islamaphobia site...

The guy who famously declared this...

Comments on Fox News about Birmingham, United Kingdom and Paris, France

In January 2015, following terrorist attacks in Paris, France, Emerson stated in an interview on Fox News that the city of Birmingham was populated entirely by Muslims and was a "no go area" for non-Muslims.

According to an estimate from the UK Census of 2011, Birmingham is estimated to have 21.8% of its population identify as Muslim, with a Christian population of 46%, and 25% claiming no religion or not giving a religion.

In the same interview, he claimed that in London, "Muslim religious police 'beat' anyone who doesn't dress according to Muslim, religious Muslim attire".

The Associated Press found the error was just one error that lead to four apologies within 12 hours by Fox News for the errors in reporting.

The UK media regulatory authority Ofcom found Fox News to be in breach of the UK's broadcasting code on account of the comments. Ofcom described the comments as "materially misleading" and "a serious breach".

www.investigativeproject.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I gave about 10 different sources, many of which have their own sources cited at the bottom of the page

So please stop attacking my sources and address the arguments before you come in here and make it completely obvious that you didn't read the entire thread.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Number of American Christians: 225 Million

Number of American Muslims: 2.3 million

Yet, the Muslims are "taking over."

Right.

ETA: Source had the wrong percentage. This is even more laughable.
edit on 2-5-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What was the number of American Muslims 9 years ago?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

What was the number of Americans 9 years ago?

Are Christians just cowards? 1.3% of the population just scares you guys to death?

Pfft.
edit on 2-5-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The First Amendment's freedom of religion is two-fold: government can't stop a religion from being practiced, govenrment can't force the practice of a religion.

Muslims are ritually REQUIRED to pray at certain times of the day.

Anyone who believes in the Constitution should see the obvious answer.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I'm not a Christian, or anything else. I am simply me, do not box me in.

I'll tell you what scares me to death.

On June 12'th of last year Omar Mateen entered Pulse Nightclub about an hour away from where I live.

He murdered 49 people and injured another 50, all while shouting Allahu Akbar and criticizing the west's involvement in Syria. One of the murdered was an acquaintance of mine.

I used to work as a photographer at several different gay clubs in Tampa, FL. The way I see it, I could have just been going to work one night and something like Pulse could have happened to me.

The Imam that Mateen frequently prayed with in Orlando with was a huge advocate of sharia law, a member of the muslim brotherhood, and after the tragedy he got on TV and preached death to gays and infidels.

CAIR is a front for terrorism, the FBI even believes this, as has been pointed out and sourced multiple times in this thread.

What is it going to take to get you to realize that there is a real war between Islam & the west, one that's being instigated by Islam?

Is some jihadi going to have to shoot up a gay club that you frequent in Atlanta to get you to wake up to the reality of the America's problem with Islam?

edit on 5/2/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Christians sometimes scare me too.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Sorry, the "you guys" was directed in general at folks whining about Americans having equal rights.

Yes, I know about the tragedy in Orlando.

Yes, I know that fundamentalist Islam hates gays just like fundamentalist Christians do.

What is it going to take to get you to see that hte only reason that there is a war between "the West" and Islam is because we've treated them like our property for 300 years or so?

I don't frequent gay clubs in Atlanta.

You're worried about the actions of one man. He wanted credit for a "good death" in the eyes of his father. It would have been really embarrassing if there were any hint of interest in things gay, now wouldn't it?

You're literally an Islamophobe, CW. It's obvious in what you write on the subject. Your'e terrified of a religion of 1.3 billion people.

Do I need to remind you of the acts of Christian terrorists as well?

If you were directing your fear at RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISM which is the real issue here you would have a small point, still overcome by the fact that in the US EVERY RELIGION is protected.

Not just the majority one.

As a gay man, I'm more concerned about the 223 million potential haters than I am about 2.3 million ones.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Right now .9% Muslim in the USA...less than 1%
www.pewforum.org...

it was .4 ten years ago...

Meanwhile 6.7% (13X) more people stopped believing in an orthodox god altogether in the past 10 years..

What are you afraid of again?

When do we round up atheists and agnostics as well? They seem to be the ones taking over!

Maybe we can start burning people at the stake again and stuff?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Right now .9% Muslim in the USA...less than 1%
www.pewforum.org...

it was .4 ten years ago...

Meanwhile 6.7% (13X) more people stopped believing in an orthodox god altogether in the past 10 years..

What are you afraid of again?

When do we round up atheists and agnostics as well? They seem to be the ones taking over!

Maybe we can start burning people at the stake again and stuff?

Hhmmm.... I wonder what the crime rate comparison of atheist perpetrators vs theist perpetrators looks like. Anyways, when is the last time you saw an atheist on the news? Or even heard a story about an atheist? Christians are always in the news, muslims? Always in the news. Even jews sometimes kill Palestinians. But American Atheists? Never in the news.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

But American Atheists? Never in the news.

Goes to show you that religions are the problem.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 have you read any of the 3 main holy books ? they talk about all the things to do to to people who were not Muslim most of them very very gruesome. in the christian bible it too talks about one unforgivable sin that calls for immediate capital punishment and that is being a follower of the heathen god moloch and the reason christians are ordered to kill them on sight followers of moloch sacrifice children to their deity by burning them alive. yes christians have done terrible crap over the years mostly after being ordered to by old catholic guys in funny hats . you see the thing you don't understand muslims are not a religion but followers of a cult of persecution and dominance . don't believe me read the Quran and their other 2 main books and understand they are required to do as those books say.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Woodcarver

Yes I'm aware how taxes work. I'm sixty years old.

The rest of your post is irrelevant and bigoted.

How was it not relevant to ask for proof that their claims are true? Or is your position that religious claims are beyond scrutiny?

Yes...religious claims are beyond scrutiny..
That is why they are called "faith" not "science"..
If they were proven, they would not be religion..
Though I think Scientology works hard to muddy that differentiation.

I am agnostic, always have been...never so arrogant to believe there might not be a higher-power, but not so gullible as to believe that someone waving incense or reciting verse in Latin etc. has it figured out.

I simply accept the ambiguity of not being certain as a part of life.

That said...Christians want to pray in some unused room in a school...go for it....ditto Muslims...Ditto the worshippers of the Spaghetti Monster..

I only take issue when people start to pick and choose what "faiths" shall be tolerated..
edit on 2-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm not a Christian, or anything else. I am simply me, do not box me in.

I'll tell you what scares me to death.

On June 12'th of last year Omar Mateen entered Pulse Nightclub about an hour away from where I live.

He murdered 49 people and injured another 50, all while shouting Allahu Akbar and criticizing the west's involvement in Syria.

You are not religious...but you believe that Allah forced him to murder those people?
How does that work?
And the "West's involvement in Syria"...that sounds political, not religious?

Joseph Kony of the Lord's Resistance Army of Uganda has raped, abducted and murdered well over 100k children in the past decade in an attempt to establish a theocratic Christian state based on the Ten Commandments.

How do you reconcile that? Or does it just not matter because it is brown people far away?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

This is just what has percolated to the surface, imagine the enormity of what lies beneath.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

How many gay muslims do you know?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I would imagine that it would be the same percentage as the general population.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join