It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Fights Back: Says 'We Will Not Tolerate Sharia Law In Our Schools'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: ColdWisdom

If you're going to offer prayer rooms for muslims, then you need a chapel for christians, a schul for jews, an alter for satanists... You see where this is going.

ONE ROOM to control them all.

Why not one room where anyone from any religion can go and pray or

Keep religion ... all religions ... out of schools.

P

Because that one room would turn into a bloodbath.

Actually not a horrible idea.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Arnie123
Yeah, we don't need islam, I have no issue in saying they are a probem and need to be purged. Thats how bad it has gotten.

You must want the 1st Amendment purged too.

Well their relgion does not respect the laws of the land so why should they have protection from said law?

You can't say this as a pretext to to break the 1st Amendment. It doesn't work that way. Even if you believe it is true (which it isn't).

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm sure he was talking about radical Muslims who want Sharia law here in America, or at least I hope so. If they can't respect our laws then they can kindly leave.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I'm sure he was talking about radical Muslims who want Sharia law here in America, or at least I hope so. If they can't respect our laws then they can kindly leave.

It doesn't matter what he was talking about, because even the Muslims who want Sharia Law in the country, for the most part, also understand that our laws still trump their laws. The ones who don't go to jail just like non-muslims who don't respect the law.

A group of deeply religions Muslims living in the US under Sharia Law is no different than a bunch of Orthodox Jews applying Hasidic Law or the Amish living under their Christian laws.

There are no exceptions for the 1st Amendment's religious protections.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

There's no community anywhere in the US that's actually considering Sharia law. The fear of Sharia law is a scam designed to keep the 'poorly educated' scared, and easily manipulated into believing idiotic claims, like Sharia law coming to the USA.

Oh how nice it would be for that to be true.

Ignorance is bliss, don't you think?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

But they are not beheading and stoning people, are they?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You are seriously overhyping this event. It's just a handful of people voicing their concerns. They haven't actually accomplished anything and the policy they are complaining about is still in effect. Hell, they didn't even have a conversation about it. They just whined to the counsel then the meeting continued as planned.

Board members were prohibited from responding to the speakers because the item was not on the agenda.

I don't even see what the big deal is. What's so harmful about any of this?:

The program includes making teachers and staff aware of when Muslim holidays occur, setting up professional staff development training on awareness of and advocating for Muslim culture, providing resources to students during Ramadan, and giving teachers history and social science materials, among other things.

Teaching students about Islam is not a problem. Omitting the violent, anti-gay, anti-woman's rights from the history of the Islam lesson plan is a problem.

Providing students and teachers resources is not a problem. Failing to provide those same or similar resources to non-muslims is a problem.

But the biggest take away from this that you either didn't notice or are completely ignoring is:

The San Diego School Board gave many thousands of dollars to CAIR, a known front for terrorism, in exchange for these 'resources' given to the teachers that were approved by CAIR.

CAIR is a problem. CAIR in our schools is a problem. Our schools giving CAIR money is a problem.

Capiche?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Do you think Christian parents would have no problem with them teaching their children the violent history of Christianity?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Whether they have a problem with it or not is irrelevant, any religion should have no place in the classroom outside of an elective 'world religions' class.

K?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

But they are not beheading and stoning people, are they?

Even if they were, it is illegal. Last I checked beheading results in a murder charge for anyone who isn't a muslim too.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Teaching students about Islam is not a problem. Omitting the violent, anti-gay, anti-woman's rights from the history of the Islam lesson plan is a problem.

Somehow I doubt that Muslim history coming from you is unbiased and neutral.

Providing students and teachers resources is not a problem. Failing to provide those same or similar resources to non-muslims is a problem.

But the biggest take away from this that you either didn't notice or are completely ignoring is:

The San Diego School Board gave many thousands of dollars to CAIR, a known front for terrorism, in exchange for these 'resources' given to the teachers that were approved by CAIR.

CAIR is a problem. CAIR in our schools is a problem. Our schools giving CAIR money is a problem.

Capiche?

Lol. CAIR is a muslim lobby in the US. I don't give a # what connections that article alleged to terrorism. Guess you'll believe anything you read in the news, huh? All this outrage over a connection you couldn't even be arsed to prove.

The entire basis of that claim is unfounded and likely based on Islamophobia:
Council on American–Islamic Relations

In May 2007, the U.S. filed an action against the Holy Land Foundation (the largest Muslim charity in the United States at the time[43]) for providing funds to Hamas, and federal prosecutors filed pleadings. Along with 245 other organizations, they listed CAIR (and its chairman emeritus, Omar Ahmad),[44] Islamic Society of North America (largest Muslim umbrella organization in the United States), Muslim American Society and North American Islamic Trust as unindicted co-conspirators, a legal designation that can be employed for a variety of reasons including grants of immunity, pragmatic considerations, and evidentiary concerns. While being listed as co-conspirator does not mean that CAIR has been charged with anything, the organization was concerned that the label will forever taint it.[45]

In 2007, the organization was named, along with 245 others, by U.S. Federal prosecutors in a list of unindicted co-conspirators or joint venturers in a Hamas funding case involving the Holy Land Foundation,[46] which in 2009 caused the FBI to cease working with CAIR outside of criminal investigations due to its designation.[47] CAIR was never charged with any crime, and it complained that the designation had tarnished its reputation.[48] It has also been criticized for allegedly publishing propaganda[citation needed]

In response, National Association of Muslim Lawyers and National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers sent a letter to Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales, saying that the move to list the largest Muslim organizations in America as unindicted co-conspirators was an effort to smear the entire Muslim community. They also stated that the list breached the department's own guidelines against releasing the names of unindicted co-conspirators.[45]

On October 22, 2007, the Holy Land Foundation trial ended in a mistrial.[43] CAIR stated that the reason for the mistrial, and no convictions on any of the charges, was that the charges were built on "fear, not facts."[49] All defendants were convicted upon retrial in 2008.[50]

Of course even though that trial ended in a mistrial, it didn't stop Republicans from labeling them as terrorist sympathizers anyways. It should be noted that:

The United States government has not listed CAIR as a terrorist organization.

But hey. Don't let facts get in the way of story time or anything.
edit on 1-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Uh okay? Then your point about it being a problem is irrelevant then?
K?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I am aware of that but that doesn't change the fact that radical Muslims want and demand that.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

K?

My point about what being a problem? You mean San Deigo schools giving a terrorist organization money?

Yea, that's a problem.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

There are radicals of all stripes demanding everything. That doesn't mean you should let yourself stereotype the majority who don't believe those things all because of their demands. Hell, it's classes like what are being promoted in the OP that are supposed to teach away from stereotypes like this. Funny that the haters don't like these lessons.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

K?

My point about what being a problem? You mean San Deigo schools giving a terrorist organization money?

Yea, that's a problem.

Unless you live in the UAE they aren't a terrorist organization.

link   

Oh sorry I was talking about this:

But I agree that religions should be kept out of schools.

link   

10 Facts About CAIR:

CAIR was created by the Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamic supremacist organization that pioneered 20th century Islamic terrorism and sanctions violence against civilians.

CAIR only has about 5,000 members, despite a membership fee of just $10.

CAIR represents the opinions of only 12% of Muslim-Americans according to Gallup.

CAIR receives financial support from foreign powers who have also provided direct support to Osama bin Laden, al-Qaeda and Hamas.

CAIR has solicited money from sponsors of terror and received financial support from convicted terrorists.

CAIR founders have praised terrorists to Muslim audiences and said that suicide bombers are acting on behalf of Islam.

CAIR has raised funds for terrorists under the guise of helping 9/11 victims.

CAIR board members have called for the overthrow of the United States and the imposition of Islamic law. CAIR has suggested applying Sharia punishment (ie. the death penalty) to users who criticize Islam on the Internet.

At least 15 high-level CAIR staff members have been under federal investigation for ties to Islamic terror.

CAIR has discouraged Muslim-Americans from cooperating with law enforcement and has spent more time and money advocating on behalf of convicted terrorists than for their victims.

SOURCE

Get your sh!t together next time before you try derailing one of my threads.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Oh I know. And I have met Muslims. Many of them live near here. They are very nice people and sometimes they even give food.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sharia doesn't have room in America because Sharia is an Islamic law that is practice where is not other laws but that one, In the US we are a nation of laws and our constitution very clear says that no other laws can surpass the laws of in our constitution.

Sorry Sharia you are meaningless in our nation. I wonder if the terrorist group CAIR is trying to over step our constitution they are forgotten The Supremacy Clause and the Doctrine of Preemption

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join