It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Fights Back: Says 'We Will Not Tolerate Sharia Law In Our Schools'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Good for them. THE FIRST GOOD THING I SEEN ABOUT CALIFORNIA.

Yeah, we don't need islam, I have no issue in saying they are a probem and need to be purged. Thats how bad it has gotten.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Why would they need to do that? They didn't provide a mosque. They don't need a chapel or a temple or any space for any exclusive activity.
Just a room.
Unless you're is a one room school house I don't see a problem.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DupontDeux

Paying for rooms? Where do your kids go to school. The Holiday Inn?

The cities taxes pay for the whole school. Not room by room.

And again the school is not sponsoring religion.

My school had a young Christian soldiers group that met after school. I wasn't a member.
They had a Jewish Life club too. Nope not that one either. They provided a space. The space for one was in the little theater (a small auditorium next to the larger one) because it was a big group. But they also used that space for the debate club, the drama club and the glee club.

This protest is about Islam. It's bigotry. It's about religious intolerance. Not providing space for a group .
do you realize that the state pays for those rooms? The lights? The air conditioning? The electricity? maintenance? Floor coverings? Tables and chairs? And I'm not picking on Islam alone I would like to see all of these religions removed from the schools. At least until they can prove their validity. When they can prove that prayer is actually required by their God, then I'll be more open-minded. Otherwise, I would prefer that they stop filling our students heads with Mindless bull#. Maybe we could take all that money and bolster the other subjects that will actually work towards educating our youth instead of brainwashing them to believe fantasy.
edit on 1-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Um ...I'm pretty sure that faith comes from the individuals.
You either believe or you don't. No claims need to be proven.
That's off the topic too btw.
The topic is providing spaces for student extracurricular activities not proving the existence of gods or the value of one religion over another.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

When all else fails we can always call on the class clown.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Um ...I'm pretty sure that faith comes from the individuals.
You either believe or you don't. No claims need to be proven.
That's off the topic too btw.
The topic is providing spaces for student extracurricular activities not proving the existence of gods or the value of one religion over another.
Alright, then if no claims need to be proven then your wife, kids, house and car are all mine. And my claim need not be proven. Thanks.

Maybe some claims need to be proven before we start legislating as if they are true?

My question is one of the validity of their claims why do they need the spaces? Can they prove they need these Spaces?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Yes I'm aware how taxes work. I'm sixty years old.

The rest of your post is irrelevant and bigoted.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Yes I'm aware how taxes work. I'm sixty years old.

The rest of your post is irrelevant and bigoted.

How was it not relevant to ask for proof that their claims are true? Or is your position that religious claims are beyond scrutiny?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

There's no community anywhere in the US that's actually considering Sharia law. The fear of Sharia law is a scam designed to keep the 'poorly educated' scared, and easily manipulated into believing idiotic claims, like Sharia law coming to the USA.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You are seriously overhyping this event. It's just a handful of people voicing their concerns. They haven't actually accomplished anything and the policy they are complaining about is still in effect. Hell, they didn't even have a conversation about it. They just whined to the counsel then the meeting continued as planned.

Board members were prohibited from responding to the speakers because the item was not on the agenda.

I don't even see what the big deal is. What's so harmful about any of this?:

The program includes making teachers and staff aware of when Muslim holidays occur, setting up professional staff development training on awareness of and advocating for Muslim culture, providing resources to students during Ramadan, and giving teachers history and social science materials, among other things.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Yeah, we don't need islam, I have no issue in saying they are a probem and need to be purged. Thats how bad it has gotten.

You must want the 1st Amendment purged too.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I think the question should be, why do they need a room to pray in? Isn't that what mosques and churches are for? Schools are for learning about things that are real. What are the consequences for these people if they do not pray? Are there any?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Arnie123

You must want the 1st Amendment purged too.

Well their relgion does not respect the laws of the land so why should they have protection from said law?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I think the question should be, why do they need a room to pray in? Isn't that what mosques and churches or for? Schools are for learning about things that are real. What are the consequences for these people if they do not pray? Are there any?

Islam allows Muslims to catch up at home if they need to. SO its basically a convenience issue.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I think the question should be, why do they need a room to pray in? Isn't that what mosques and churches or for? Schools are for learning about things that are real. What are the consequences for these people if they do not pray? Are there any?

Islam allows Muslims to catch up at home if they need to. SO its basically a convenience issue.
If that's true then problem solved They can do that # at home. I should not be required to pay for them to have a space to meet. That goes for Christians Jews and Buddhists too. They can meet outside across the street from the school, or they can go to one of their own houses, or they can set up at a church or a mosque, or a private school, but not in a school paid for by taxpayers.

Not until they can prove that their beliefs are real. why do we need to accommodate people's imaginary beliefs?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Didn't realize that sewing was a religious activity.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Are you saying that public schools are showing favoritism towards one religion?

Should they be paying attention towards any religion?

I'm sure that those that encourage a separation of church and state (in regards to public schools and Christian practices) will be along shortly.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

How do we determine imaginary beliefs from real beliefs? And if we are going to support imaginary beliefs, at which point do we cut off that support? How imaginary is too imaginary? Do we only support government sanctioned imaginary beliefs that have tax exempt status? Because that's what this looks like.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Keep religion out of school period..having said that..Sharia law..lolololololol, give me an f'ing break, what a bunch of ignorant fear mongering bullsh@t.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Good for them. Theocracy has d*mn place whatsoever, much less a sanctified one, in America. That's the exact opposite of what we're about, and no apologies to the PC crowd or anyone else on that account.

NIMBY, I say!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join