It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Fights Back: Says 'We Will Not Tolerate Sharia Law In Our Schools'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

San Diego Unified’s anti-Islamophobia effort sparks protest

SAN DIEGO -- Eleven opponents of a new San Diego Unified School District program to combat Islamophobia on campuses appeared before the Board of Education Tuesday evening to protest during the public comment period.

Citizens for Quality Education-San Diego organized the effort because they opposed the implementation of "anti-American Sharia Law policies" at local schools.

The group's founder, Mary Baker, told the board that she had five main complaints about the policy, including "the district establishing formal partnerships with CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, which is partially funded by the terror group Hamas."

The school board in San Diego (similar to the rest of California) has completely lost their minds. The board has been subverted by globalist democrat shills that align their progressive school policies with that of known terrorist organizations. And yet, I am not surprised.

Fortunately, and surprisingly (to me), there are many patriots living in San Diego from all different walks of life. They saw through the facade of progressivism and anti-bullying right through to the other side of the fence where their children are being taught that sharia law is a harmless ideology that is equal to (if not grater than) our own constitution. In the video, many concerned parents and citizens voice their concern and disgust for the brazen and egregious actions of the San Diego school board.

They are concerned about the children. They find it appalling that the school board would adopt a policy that was crafted by CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations), a known front for the muslim brotherhood that lobbies for sharia law and takes funding from Hamas (a known terrorist organization).

At some point I begin to wonder:

How many of these democrats holding elected positions in their cities, states, senate, etc are just totally clueless automatons that regurgitate talking points and only think with their emotions?

&

How many of these democrats holding elected positions are actually fully aware and are actively involved in the globalist subversion of America's sovereignty?

Some of them have to be smart enough to know what's going on. I'm sure a lot of them, especially those at the level of city school board official, don't give much thought to the bigger reasons as to why all of these pro sharia policies are being implemented. But I'm also sure that there are a lot of them that are privy to the hidden globalist agenda.

San Diego Unified faces backlash for anti-Islamophobia effort

San Diego Unified School District officials expect a big crowd at their Tuesday night meeting with people upset, and in some cases misinformed, about a recently launched anti-bully campaign aimed at protecting Muslim students.

The initiative was explained at the April 4 school board meeting as part of a broader district effort to create a safe environment for all students. Its roots were in a 2015 study by the Council for American-Islamic Relations that found 55 percent of American Muslim students surveyed in California said they were bullied because of their religion, which was twice as high as the national statistic of students reporting being bullied at school.

“We believe all our schools should be safe places for all our students,” he wrote. “Schools with large Muslim communities may choose to make areas available for prayer, if that is requested by their parents and students. However, this is no more or less than we would do to accommodate Christians who want to pray at school, or members of other faiths.

+10 more 
posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

“We believe all our schools should be safe places for all our students,” he wrote. “Schools with large Muslim communities may choose to make areas available for prayer, if that is requested by their parents and students. However, this is no more or less than we would do to accommodate Christians who want to pray at school, or members of other faiths.”

1. 1)
    Wait, do you guys not have this constitutional thingy that tells religion to stay the heck out of the school? The San Diego School Board should not accommodate ANY religion on school grounds!

2. 2)
    Making prayer rooms does NOT make for safe environments - just the opposite! Experience from ANY place in the world shows that prayer rooms makes for social control of muslims. That is a fact.

edit on 1-5-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

That's surprising since UC San Diego allows a Radical Islamist student to study on its classrooms.

edit on 5/1/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
How stupid. Public schools are areas free from religion. I'm sure the San Diego school board already knew this. Sounds like that mother needs to go back to school to me.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

There are school social clubs that are religion based. That's not the school sponsoring religion. And these clubs can certainly pray if they want to. The school isn't teaching religion. Thais is the same as if a student prays before eating lunch. The school cannot sponsor religious practice but it also cannot prohibit it. If the school wants to provide a place for students to meet that's allowed. The same as they do to the young republicans club or the Sierra club or ROTC.

+4 more 
posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

There are school social clubs that are religion based. That's not the school sponsoring religion. And these clubs can certainly pray if they want to. The school isn't teaching religion. Thais is the same as if a student prays before eating lunch. The school cannot sponsor religious practice but it also cannot prohibit it. If the school wants to provide a place for students to meet that's allowed. The same as they do to the young republicans club or the Sierra club or ROTC.

Well, social clubs are one thing, but if they pay for rooms intended for prayer, it seems to me that they are in fact by the very definition sponsoring religious practices.

The specifically talk about paying for rooms intended for prayer, not for rooms intended for student to meet.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You are correct in your assertion that the school is not infringing on separation of church/state laws simply by offering a space to do whatever it is they need to do (that might include praying) to satisfy their beliefs.

The point is, if they offer a space that is inclusive of only one culture or religion, it thereby excludes every other culture or religion from using that space.

If you're going to offer prayer rooms for muslims, then you need a chapel for christians, a schul for jews, an alter for satanists... You see where this is going.

Best to simply do away with safe spaces all together in order to avoid any encroachment on the church/state separation laws.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

If you're going to offer prayer rooms for muslims, then you need a chapel for christians, a schul for jews, an alter for satanists... You see where this is going.

ONE ROOM to control them all.

Why not one room where anyone from any religion can go and pray or

Keep religion ... all religions ... out of schools.

P

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Well, social clubs are one thing, but if they pay for rooms intended for prayer, it seems to me that they are in fact by the very definition sponsoring religious practices.

The specifically talk about paying for rooms intended for prayer, not for rooms intended for student to meet.

Supreme court disagrees with you. They decided Students can be released from class for ritual prayer or leave school early for religious instruction. So if they are in class the school has to have someplace for them to go or else they violate another supreme court ruling. That one states Students can pray in school, if they are not disrupting normal activities. To avoid disrupting class they need to provide somewhere else.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

They have that its usually the library.

+7 more 
posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Ha, ha, one state at a time, that is how Islam will take over the US, one town one city and state, in the states that are run by stupid politicians and Democrats, bending over for anything foreign and forgetting the real Americans that have deep roots in this nation.

The way the new Islamic take over the Democratic party is going they will never win another election again as long as is real American patriots that still defend our constitution.

Darn lets build a wall on the California border.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Make them prove that prayer is useful, thereby showing that giving them a space is necessary. Otherwise, anyone can just make up any ole silly religious claim and force the state to pay for imaginary needs. It would suffice if through their prayer, a large room descended from the sky for these people to use. Have one of them turn a staff into a snake, or summon a djinn and have allah cast it into hell, something. They need to prove that prayer is something more than them talking to themselves.
edit on 1-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Ha, ha, one room for all the worshipers, I will like to see that, but not in America, here only religions that are not of Christian base are protected this days.

Islam have priority now.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yeah, I think it's far overdue that religious people need to prove their claims. I pretty much put all the deity centric religions in the same bag. If they can't validate their beliefs then why would they expect anyone to accommodate them?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

Good day to you Pheonix! I think your solution is perfect! If you are truly praying, why does it matter where this takes place? Why can't I kneel beside a muslim to pray? Would they be upset by that? As a Christian I would have no problems whatsoever kneeling beside someone of a different faith.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

My deity requires that I build giant golden statues in his honor. This gold cannot come from me, it must be given freely by a state representative, and no one has the right to dispute this. Also, the gold becomes mine after each statue is completed, so says my God. If anyone doesn't believe this then they are racist and mygodaphobic and I need protection from religious persecution. That protection needs to come in the form of gold. I also don't need to prove any of this until Christianity, Islam, and Scientology, are proven to be true.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Christianity, Islam, and Scientology don't have to be proven true because they have their tax exemption status.

Let me know when you've bribed and blackmailed the IRS into giving your religion its exemption from taxes, then we can talk about making 'special accommodations.'

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Christianity, Islam, and Scientology don't have to be proven true because they have their tax exemption status.

Let me know when you've bribed and blackmailed the IRS into giving your religion its exemption from taxes, then we can talk about making 'special accommodations.'
So in a very real sense the state is already giving them gold.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

So the sewing club should be disbanded because they are providing a place for this exclusive activity.
I'm sure the school has plenty of spaces for different clubs and groups to meet in.
The boy scouts invade when the sun goes down. Along with ....den mothers.

Oh and the PTA, their exclusive too. Because it's in the name. Parents teachers ..it even excludes the students of the school.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Paying for rooms? Where do your kids go to school. The Holiday Inn?

The cities taxes pay for the whole school. Not room by room.

And again the school is not sponsoring religion.

My school had a young Christian soldiers group that met after school. I wasn't a member.
They had a Jewish Life club too. Nope not that one either. They provided a space. The space for one was in the little theater (a small auditorium next to the larger one) because it was a big group. But they also used that space for the debate club, the drama club and the glee club.

This protest is about Islam. It's bigotry. It's about religious intolerance. Not providing space for a group .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join