It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kent State, the day the music died.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

These were all of our neighbors... our "weekend warriors" National Guard. You know? 1 weekend a month and 1 month (or 2 weeks) a year.

Somehow they freaked with live rounds. And those ahead of us fell....and I drop my sign and ran to a tree.

We were kids...college kids...just voicing our opinions. We didnt deserve to die for doing so. I was also driving around during the 67 Detroit Riots...ducking in my car as we crossed town and Southfield road.

Mob mentality can overtake anyone...Ive never gotten over either event. Not really....

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

And we had the Black Panthers, SDS (Students for A Democratic Society), the Weatherman, the Nation of Islam and Louis Farakan, and I was a White Panther-the Peace and Love version of the Black Panthers. (Suspended a week from High School for passing out White Panther Buttons and literature).

Rooted in Ann Arbor Mi, founded by John Sinclair and supported by the MC5, Iggy and the Stooges, Brother John J Crawford..we were a hippie mix of all kinds-straight lace, hippies, suits and professors.

We burned draft cards too...because if you were 18...you HAD to go for your draft physical. You could go student deferment, medical deferment if you were lucky....or swim the Detroit River to Windsor Canada...and be a wanted draft dodger. No coming back...

Back then? If you enlisted, you could choose Germany...but if drafted? You were going to Vietnam...and I wasnt going to come home in a box....

It was a different time...and today people just dont get it. I wish what we stood for was remembered in a better light.....or remembered at all

edit on 1-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join