It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's a recent fact you've found that blew your mind?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Vikings engaged in the slave trade and made a killing off the profits.

Just when you thought they were honesty barbarians?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
South Koreans aren't particularly concerned about North Korea, and are basically always scratching their heads over our bizarro obsession with wanting to blow them up all the time.

Ironic the actions of North Korea put South Korea on military alert?

Title: North Korean artillery hits South Korean island‎
www.bbc.com...

South Korea says it has returned fire after North Korea fired dozens of artillery shells at one of its border islands, killing two marines.
The South's military was placed on its highest non-wartime alert after the shells landed on Yeonpyeong island.

Title: South Korean UN ambassador addresses U.S. tensions with North Korea
thebrownandwhite.com...

Amid growing tensions between the United States and North Korea, Choong-hee Hahn, the South Korean ambassador to the United Nations, addressed the Lehigh community Tuesday evening in STEPS. When sharing his thoughts about South Korea’s northern neighbors, Hahn did not hold back.

Hahn said the continuation of strong sanctions from the United Nations is vitally important to keep North Korea in line, calling it “the only justifiable way” to inflict pressure on North Korea with the hope it can change its course. The sanctions placed on North Korea last year were the harshest in United Nations’ history.

Hahn said he is critical of North Korea’s reliance on military technologies. He said the country focuses too much on military capabilities and not enough on its own people.

He said he also criticized North Korea’s use of false aggression from the United States to give its people a sense of urgency and nationalism that is then used to consolidate power within the central government.

“There is no hostile policy of the United States toward North Korea,” Hahn said.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

That's old stuff (different supreme leader even). That's their typical border skirmish pissing match. TYPICAL. And yet South Koreans aren't particularly concerned over NK.

Unless you have some polls you've been holding back?

What I said was a fact. And its eye opening.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

One, now we are off topic. Two, South Korea doesn't want war, but has proven it will engage in combat to protect its interests. Three, SK ambassador's address was from this year.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

This thread is for recent facts that blew ones mind. My statement was true, and it did (just in the past couple days even). Yours dont add up or add to the discussion. Dont be a jerk.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

This thread is for recent facts that blew ones mind. My statement was true, and it did (just in the past couple days even). Yours dont add up or add to the discussion. Dont be a jerk.

And it blows my mind you down play the threat of North Korea which places South Korea on a roller coaster of military alerts, and SK has a history of willingness to go to combat to protect its interests.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

It blows my mind that facts about what I'm into blows your mind enough to make it a point in this happy go lucky thread!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Look at the milky way, it looks like flour on a black countertop, tiny dots all over the place. Aren't those fine dots all stars? I think we can see a real lot of stars, I do not trust their evaluation. I spent a lot of time looking up at night over a campfire. The dots of the haze of the milky way seem to be twenty thousand by themselves.. You can see through that cloud of the milky way in a lot of areas. Aren't they counting those stars? They sure look like stars to me, even when you look at them through a telescope they look like stars.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

It blows my mind that facts about what I'm into blows your mind enough to make it a point in this happy go lucky thread!!!!

You already had a post on South Korea before this thread was ever created.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But felt like making a political statement here?

I already pointed out being off topic, but you kept posting about NK.

I Apologize to the original poster, and will graciously reframe from this distraction.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
There is no empirical evidence for evolution, people believe by faith

Two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, two arms, two feet, mouth, poop-hole, heart, lungs, liver, bladder, veins, blood, skin, and hair are all just coincidences!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Apparently

The comet that wiped out the dinosaurs hit the earth
The crater of that comet is now the Gulf of Mexico
On the opposite side of the earth, the force from the impact was so strong,
That it created the Himalayas instantly.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: PolyCottonBlend
I grew bored of reading the blah blah blah news the other day, so I started skimming the page for fashion articles...cuz I dig on that. and I found a random tidbit thrown in about James Garfield being able to write Greek with one hand while writing in Latin with the other.
nifty!

Some great replies & great thread!

But this one is dope af

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I recently discovered my ass is an overunity machine.
Mix cheap beer with frozen microwave-dinners and watch physics be defied.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: grindhouzer
Apparently

The comet that wiped out the dinosaurs hit the earth
The crater of that comet is now the Gulf of Mexico
On the opposite side of the earth, the force from the impact was so strong,
That it created the Himalayas instantly.

Bro lmao

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
(Saw this on ATS within the last couple of weeks).

It's impossible to look-up from Earth, and look at a star.

Reason: Other than our Sun; the closest star to Earth is actually a triple star system called Alpha Centauri, over four light years away.

So the shinig light you are looking at, is where the star was years ago, and it has moved-along in our sky.

(Isn't anyone gonna post that funny "mind-blown" meme?)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Possums have bifurcated penises. They do not pork the female in the nostrils.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

What's a recent fact you've found that blew your mind?

Just how matter-of-factly police talk about how American teens (and even younger kids) are trafficed, and by extension, just how many kids are disappearing.

That is sickening.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Maybe not exactly what the OP was asking for since this fact is only of interest to me on a personal level, but I recently discovered that I was born exactly 92 years to the day after Wilbur Wright. No big deal, you say? My wife it turns out was born exactly 92 years to the day after Orville Wright.

Mind satisfactorily blown.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Just last month, a group of EU astronomers observed - for the first time - a supermassive black hole creating stars. Straight out of science fiction...

www.cbc.ca...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

As I only have one sister and one sister in law I therefore could only have 2 brothers in law. When they got married both of my brothers in law birthdays were on the same day as my birthday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join