It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's a recent fact you've found that blew your mind?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There I was, scoping the endless images on Pinterest when a not so terribly interesting or humorous image pops up (see below):

And so I thought to myself, "Just how many stars can we actually see with our naked eye?"

The question was worth a Google.

So I read through the links and lo and behold! I found my answer.

Millions? BILLIONS???

The answer is actually 9096.

but it's actually even lower than that, because we can only 4,548 at a time (due to only being able to view from half the side of the planet at a time).

And so I discovered the Pin was a lie! They are actually staying at a 4,548 star hotel....

What's your recent fact that blew your mind?!

edit on 30/4/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
9/11 was an inside job?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thanks to a thread here on ATS I recently learned that the U.S. federal government employs so many people that it averages out to be that, there is 1 U.S. government employee for every 12 adults in the U.S.

edit on 30-4-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I love the non-political nature of the OP. But to answer your question the fact that just blows my mind is the US dropping 28,000 bombs in 2016. That is just a huge amount of bombing going on by the US. I don't think the Arabs hate us because we have too much sex on TV. I think the Arabs are being radicalized by the number of bombs we are dropping. It just blows my mind that we could have this high of a level of military activity going on and it's practically not even talked about on the media. 28,000 is a lot of bombs!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I agree it should be a lot higher. That number is not nearly enough to address all the problems we have.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Especially when you consider those bombs probably didn't accomplish one damn positive thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There is only one hole in a straw.

p.s. -- unless it's a Möbius straw.
edit on 30/4/17 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
9/11 was an inside job?

Here's a crazy fact that will blow your mind: "THE 46 DRILLS, OPERATIONS, WAR GAMES, AND ACTIVITIES OF 9/11"

coto2.wordpress.com...

"He sends the plains over the Atlantic ocean" Yeeha!!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I grew bored of reading the blah blah blah news the other day, so I started skimming the page for fashion articles...cuz I dig on that. and I found a random tidbit thrown in about James Garfield being able to write Greek with one hand while writing in Latin with the other.
nifty!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I love the non-political nature of the OP. But to answer your question the fact that just blows my mind is the US dropping 28,000 bombs in 2016. That is just a huge amount of bombing going on by the US. I don't think the Arabs hate us because we have too much sex on TV. I think the Arabs are being radicalized by the number of bombs we are dropping. It just blows my mind that we could have this high of a level of military activity going on and it's practically not even talked about on the media. 28,000 is a lot of bombs!

that is a lot of bombs! Cool and worrisom fact

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
When the hubble got updated equipment it was finally able to see a seemingly void point in space. Apparently the point was the size of a 1mm by 1mm square drawn on a finger and held out at arms length. There was now 10,000 spots of light in that square. Each point of light being a galaxy not a star. And each galaxy has on average 4 - 5 billion stars. Mind blown.

Thats what the guy on the tv said at least.
edit on 30-4-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Ah! I remember that fact!

Here's that image

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Girls fart. Who would imagine such a thing?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Girls fart. Who would imagine such a thing?

They do much more than that! You don't know many women from New Jersey.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
They cut down trees to make tree-houses!!!!

A polar bear's fur isn't white, its skin is. Its fur is translucent
edit on 30/4/17 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

What's a recent fact you've found that blew your mind

Vladimir Putin invaded Korea, no-one knew, not even Vlad or the Koreans - mind blown.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
OJ Simpson was originally cast to play Terminator, but the studio was afraid that no one would buy him as a remorseless killer.

Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

People from Phoenix are called Phoenicians.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There is no empirical evidence for evolution, people believe by faith

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
South Koreans aren't particularly concerned about North Korea, and are basically always scratching their heads over our bizarro obsession with wanting to blow them up all the time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join