It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush warns Syria and Iran over terror

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

"President George Bush last night issued clear warnings to Syria and Iran that they were next in his sights in his declared mission to spread democracy around the world."

I didn't realize "democracy" was another word for faeces in Americanese...

Also isn't the US the only country accused of terror internationally (World Court 1982)?

Oh well lets jsut forget about that now and "fight terror" shall we...

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Dosen't Bush realize that the more domcracy he "spreads" the more he sets US up for another big terrorist attack, but maybe thats what he wants.

He never stops to think why these people hate America so much and im surtain that it's not that they hate freedom

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Todd
Dosen't Bush realize that the more domcracy he "spreads" the more he sets US up for another big terrorist attack, but maybe thats what he wants.

Since no democratic country has ever supported terrorist organizations in an attack, I find you claim disingenious.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Since no democratic country has ever supported terrorist organizations in an attack, I find you claim disingenious.

When he spreds his democracy by going to war with these countrys he makes alot of people pissed, and when these people have their entire family killed by an airstrike of whatever and they have nothing left to lose, then you have a terrorist willing to do whaterver it takes to get back at the people who did this to him/her.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Todd

this made me laugh

so all those orginasations the US fund and funded
what could they have been

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
www.guardian.co.uk...

"President George Bush last night issued clear warnings to Syria and Iran that they were next in his sights in his declared mission to spread democracy around the world."

I didn't realize "democracy" was another word for faeces in Americanese...

Also isn't the US the only country accused of terror internationally (World Court 1982)?

Oh well lets jsut forget about that now and "fight terror" shall we...

Syria is a charter member of the list of "state sponsors of terrorism". Dr. Reuven Ehrlich defines "terrorism as the use of violence in which the objective is to harm states, population groups or single individuals in order to cause panic, and reduce their will and power of resistance, so as to advance the political objectives of those employing the terror. Terrorist operations may be divided into two main categories: acts initiated and carried out by terrorist organizations, and acts supported, initiated or carried out by states, which make use of state institutions and organizations for that purpose. Syria has not engaged in any direct acts of terrorism since 1986. Syria continues to allow safe haven to a number of terrorist groups. Syria provides refuge and basing privileges in Lebanon's Beka Valley to numerous terrorist organizations. Damascus serves as the primary transit point for the transfer of Iranian supplied weapons to Hezbollah.

www.state.gov...

cfrterrorism.org...

Hatred of the United States has been a key component of Iranian foreign policy since the 1978 Islamic revolution. America's war on terrorism did not begin in September 2001. It began in November 1979. That was shortly after Ayatollah Khomeini had seized power in Iran, using the slogan "Death to America" - and sure enough, the attacks on Americans soon began. In November 1979, a militant Islamic mob took over the U.S. embassy in Tehran, the Iranian capital, and held 52 Americans hostage for the next 444 days. BTW, I was one of the aircraft electricians who flew to Florida to install KY-28 ( voice encryption device ) systems in the CH-53D helicopters used in the failed rescue of the hostages. The Iranian Constitution states that in order to attain its objectives the country's foreign policy must be based on "Islamic criteria, fraternal commitment to all Muslims, and unsparing support to the freedom fighters of the world."

www.iran-e-azad.org...

lb.msnbc.com...

www.state.gov...

The choice today is mass death in the United States or mass death in the terrorist nations. Our Commander-In-Chief must decide whether it is his duty to save Americans or the governments who conspire to kill them.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   

ok,
united states are a democratic country, right?
and the afghan islamic fighters - or mujahideen are so called "terrorists" are they not?

Million killed

The Soviet occupation, which lasted until the final withdrawal of the Red Army in 1989, was a disaster for Afghanistan.

About a million Afghans lost their lives as the Red Army tried to impose control for its puppet Afghan government. Millions more fled abroad as refugees.

Mujahideen fighters in Afghanistan
The mujahideen could not share power

Groups of Afghan Islamic fighters - or mujahideen - fought endlessly to try to force a Soviet retreat, with much covert support from the United States.

After nearly 10 years, the Soviet Union eventually withdrew, leaving in power President Najibullah, who had replaced Karmal as leader.

He hung on for three years after the Red Army's departure, but fell in 1992 as the United Nations was trying to arrange a peaceful transfer of power.

The mujahideen swept victoriously into Kabul. After a short interim measure, Professor Burhanuddin Rabbani became president of the new Islamic Republic

source:
news.bbc.co.uk

need more?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Souljah,

The mujahideen in the Soviet conflict were just attacking military targets, not civilians, so I wouldn't consider that a terrorist operation.

Sep

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Souljah,

The mujahideen in the Soviet conflict were just attacking military targets, not civilians, so I wouldn't consider that a terrorist operation.

How about Nicaragua?

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Sep]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
What about Venezaula?(sp?) What about in the carribean? What about bay of Pigs? We supported a coup. Or Vietnam, instead of supporting the government the people supported they support the South Vietnam gov., one almost as corrupt as Bush's, who used terror tactics.

And Afganistan, we supported them, guess who attacked us on 9/11? We supported the Iranian Shah, and guess who we are gonna attack for being terrorists?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Whew man are you really that ignorant of US foriegn policy? We have been sponsoring terror in the middle east since the days of Teddy Rosevelt ("To the Shores of Tripoli" ring a bell to you?). Either your terribly uneducated or blind. From South America to the Middle East, the US has been invloved in terrorism and both overt and clandestine support for NUMEROUS terrorists and regimes. Saddam was one of them FYI. CIA agents were meeting with Osama Bin Laden in an American Hospital in Dubai weeks before 9-11, before that, we trained and funded the Afghanistan resistance to the Soviet Occupation, even buying the anti-tank rifle that Bin Laden Carried personally. We trained and funded the Sandanistas in Nicaraugua, using the money we made off arms sells to Iran (while we were selling chemical agents and crop spraying helicopters to Iraq during the Iran Iraq War), we hired death squads in Vietnam, Sponsored an attempted Coup in Cuba, even planned domestic terrorism to manipulate public opinion here in the US (Operation Northwoods). How in the hell do you get the US has never been involved in terrorism? For crying out loud, read a good book once in a while, or something. Some history wouldn't kill you.

Edit:
Also just wanted to add that, right aournd the same time Israel was busted setting up a Fake Alqeda Cell In The Gaza, Syria's President issued a statement which put him immediately on the chit list for US Imperialism...

Syrian President Bashar Assad revealed in a newspaper interview on Sunday that he does not believe there is a terrorist group called al Qaeda, the organization widely believed to be the perpetrators of the hijackings on September 11, 2001 as well as the recent attacks in Saudi Arabia and Morocco...

And Bashir of Indonesia said...

Bashir on Friday accused the United States of inventing both al-Qaida and Jemaah Islamiyah to portray Muslims as terrorists.

And Dadullah, chief of the Taliban Military,

According to Dadullah, al-Qaeda did not exist in Afghanistan and he said he did not know the fate or whereabouts of Osama bin-Laden.

A good read from which I pulled the quotes...
100777.com...
some more interesting stuff here on Alqeda...
www.whatreallyhappened.com...
www.informationclearinghouse.info...
english.pravda.ru...
www.prisonplanet.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
www.oilempire.us...

[edit on 4-2-2005 by twitchy]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
You all just keep making my point...none of these were terrorist activities against civilian targets.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

You all just keep making my point...none of these were terrorist activities against civilian targets.

Death Squads, Coup Attempts, Assasinations, and Revolutions not violent and bloody enough for you to consider them terrorism? Get Real.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Not only are all those things terrorism, but the U.S. Army purposefully bombed civilian targets during WWII.

We reduced the entire city of Dresden to rubble with fire bombs.
We torched huge sections of Tokyo with the same tactics.
Democracies commit atrocities in war.

We allowed torture in Iraq.
We do not walk the moral high ground.

And I almost forgot, but you wanna talk about killing civilians. The U.S. dropped atomic bombs on two cities in Japan.

Killing civilians or military, it's terrorism according to Bush. Why do you think that Palestinians who attack Israeli soldiers are still called terrorists?

[edit on 4-2-2005 by LeftBehind]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

can you DEFINE then a "real terrorist", so that we know what kind of terrorists you are talking about. i see there are many levels to them, or what?

Sep

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Interesting link for anyone who say US didnt support terrorism.

theinsurgent.net...

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Sep]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Real terrorist? They are brown skinned, towels on their head, and speak funny language while worshiping the wrong god. Wait.... I am not a bu#.

Well, Japan droppings, that was war, we were at war with a nation that followed the Samurai code, fight or die while fighting. They weren't going to surrender, they were training the civillians of the mainland to fight in case America invaded the homeland. But to keep millions of Americans from dieing we nuked a city, they didn't surrender, so we nuked them again. Not really terrorism since it was a real war, one that we didn't start. But we did attack civillians, trying to take the fight out of the people. Like what the Union did during Civil War by burning, destroying, and taking everything in their path to Atlanta.(except humans, they burned what they couldn't carry, hell, the grass of the path they took is a dif. color, still)

Anyways, it sounds like according to him a terrorist is what I stated above, and anything not that or supported by America was holy.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
James, Japan Did try to surrender weeks before we dropped the bomb.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Will the real terrorists please raise their hand!

WANTED: these men, dead or alive!

these are the real terrorists that the enitre world should FEAR!
they use fear and terror to get what they want.
and they have little concern for human lives.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
? They did? One would think that would of, IDK, made the news that Japan surrendered? SInce it didn't, and you seem to be the only one who knows about it, it probably didn't happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join