It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump invites Duterte to the White House

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Then surely you were outraged and started threads about Hillary and Obama's close ties and meetings with Saudi Arabia who also kills minor drug offenders, as do many other muslim countries like Malaysia where mere possesion is a death sentence.
edit on 1-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Oh boy can of worms this one,

I will bring to the table my own observations as I was in PH and have lived there under Duterte.

First the Philippines and Filipino people have a totally different mindset to the West and the USA so what may seem "extreme" to the western mind is not in PH, case in point is the drug related killings, like it or not they are supported by a majority of the filipino people and the 90+% approval rating for Duterte is very much correct, he has massive support in the country.

Next is he has not "gained power by force", he was the mayor of a city called Davoa that was a total no go zone before he became Mayor, Davoa is now considered one of the safest and best places to live in PH. The Philippines for decades had/has massive corruption at the Government level and it was the people that more or less put Dutertes name on the ballot sheet, he ran with no real campaign and very little was spent on promotion for him. He states to this day he wanted the corruption out of PH and has said he will step down if the people do not support him. A good example of the corruption would be to look at the on going case of "De lima" which is a absurd example of what was going on..

Since coming to office he has given all public sector workers a pay increase, Police, Fire, Nurses and has opened up free university places for students etc, he has implemented far getter working conditions and has increased paternal leave and pay far above what it ever was, areas of Manila are now actually starting to look presentable as there is some actual investment going to maintain and clean the areas.

Philippines is a "stand your ground" country, you have every right to defend yourself and property (Unlike many western countries) there is no ban on firearms and if you have justification to use force then you are in the clear. I know that statement will not sit well with many but that is fact. I cannot say if what Duterte is doing is good or bad since I am not a Filipino national but I do know that the Filipinos support him and that is what I except as it is their country and not mine to be making judgements..

I know a number of people in here have ties to PH and we have had a number of "Duterte" threads and people saying they would be heading there soon, I am interested to find out if these people have found the changes to be as drastic as I have??...

RA
edit on 1-5-2017 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Exactly. DuTerte is the model of the new paradime for running a goverment and all tho Trump is t he smartest president the usa has ever had since James buchanan he still might have a thing to learn from a visionary like duTerte. duTerte (meaning "Sting of the whip) is the first president malaysia has had that has actually reformed the country as per his campagne promises and for that he and trump have a lot in common but trump probably wants to pick duTertes brain so he can see how he can put the libtards in there place.

Hopefully trump will do to the USA and the left what duTerte has done to the phillipines.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
When it comes to "******** is literally Hitler", Duterte is the only one I can think of currently that is actually a little comparative.

Ok just 3.5 more years until we can replace Trump with another jackass that will also be a globalist, corrupt puppet. As it is, I dont care if they are part of globalist corrupt group A, sociofascist group B, globomilitarist group C, neocommie psychopaths group D. They are all just different sides of the same coin and couldnt give two damns about anything but their own greed. The powerful ruling elites vying for power with each other. Lords fighting each other oflver fiefdoms. Newsflash: we are the peasants of the fiefs.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Oh boy can of worms this one,

I will bring to the table my own observations as I was in PH and have lived there under Duterte.

First the Philippines and Filipino people have a totally different mindset to the West and the USA so what may seem "extreme" to the western mind is not in PH, case in point is the drug related killings, like it or not they are supported by a majority of the filipino people and the 90+% approval rating for Duterte is very much correct, he has massive support in the country.

Next is he has not "gained power by force", he was the mayor of a city called Davoa that was a total no go zone before he became Mayor, Davoa is now considered one of the safest and best places to live in PH. The Philippines for decades had/has massive corruption at the Government level and it was the people that more or less put Dutertes name on the ballot sheet, he ran with no real campaign and very little was spent on promotion for him. He states to this day he wanted the corruption out of PH and has said he will step down if the people do not support him. A good example of the corruption would be to look at the on going case of "De lima" which is a absurd example of what was going on..

Since coming to office he has given all public sector workers a pay increase, Police, Fire, Nurses etc, he has implemented far getter working conditions and has increased paternal leave and pay far above what it ever was, areas of Manila are now actually starting to look presentable as there is so actual investment going to maintain and clean the areas.

Philippines is a "stand your ground" country, you have every right to defend yourself and property (Unlike many western countries) there is no ban on firearms and if you have justification to use force then you are in the clear. I know that statement will not sit well with many but that is fact. I cannot say if what Duterte is doing is good or bad since I am not a Filipino national but I do know that the Filipinos support him and that is what I except as it is their country and not mine to be making judgements..

I know a number of people in here have ties to PH and we have had a number of "Duterte" threads and people saying they would be heading there soon, I am interested to find out if these people have found the changes to be as drastic as I have??...

RA

I hear the same.

Hong Kong has a lot of filipinos and I know many that go back and forth and have friends there.

They really like what he is doing.

For years I heard them tell me not to go, lol, I'd be kidnapped.

Even Feb of last year my friends wouldn't let cross the street to go to the 7/11 alone.

I really liked it there. People are great.

The people elected him to do what he promised and he's doing it.

And he's cleaning out the dirty cops and politicos on the drug payrolls.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

And that makes what Duterte does ok? It's just something that shouldn't matter, because its happened before?

None of it's OK. However, the guy (Duterte) is the elected leader and how he conducts his own leadership is irrelevant on the international stage.

If only that was the case for the middle east. Arab Spring my arse.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08
Maybe President Trump should invite thug, violence and drug dealing glorifying, misogynistic rappers to the white house, or maybe race baiting psuedo celebtities?

The difference is that Duterte has actually admitting to killing while he threatened to kill corrupt politicians and people with drugs.

Entertainers are just entertainers, with their crap being no more credible than an actor's credibility for playing a Mobster or Mafioso. But Duterte is the literal President of his country. More than 6,000 drug-related suspects have been killed so far because of his drug war. Not convicted prisoners receiving capital punishment, but simply suspects. What happened to the false outrage like "Leader ____ is killing his own people! We must stop him!"

It's ironic how conservatives are defending Duterte, seeing as he's a strong critic of the West's wars in Iraq, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, and Vietnam (21:45 min mark onwards).

If you keep watching, around the 26min mark he even blames the rise of ISIS on the desperation left after our wars in Libya and Syria (his words).

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
It's ironic how conservatives are defending Duterte, seeing as he's a strong critic of the West's wars in Iraq, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, and Vietnam

How is that ironic? True conservatives are also against those wars and interventionist foreign policy in general. Heck, if Duterte is against those wars then he's earned more of my respect.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Here is what they deal with and notice people with guns think its ok to shoot in public.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Navieko

Ah, "true conservatives". So no "true conservatives" signed up to fight in those wars? No "true conservatives" were anti-Gaddafi & supported his overthrow? No "true conservatives" were bashing Obama for not acting on his "red line" against Assad in Syria? And the Republican President Bush and the Republican Congress that launched the War on Terror, Afghanistan War, and the Iraq War didn't include any "true conservatives" when they were pushing the "Axis of Evil" crap and saying that we're either with them or against them? Right...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The issue is that the Philippines was at one time a very important and strategic ally. Subic Bay Naval Station was an important base for many years. The US would love to find a way to get that back...especially if Trump wants a deterrent presence near NK.

While I don't agree in any way with Duterte's policies, the majority of the citizens there do agree with his drug war. They see their country as safer, and with a reduction in crime.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

The difference is that Duterte has actually admitting to killing while he threatened to kill corrupt politicians and people with drugs.

I'm not defending him in any way shape or form, but what's worse?

A corrupt politician admitting to killing corrupt politicians and drugs dealers?

Or corrupt politicians hiding the fact that they kill corrupt politicians and innocent ones as well?

Everyone has blood on their hands, admitting it doesn't make him more evil than the next.
edit on 1-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I'm not defending him in any way shape or form, but what's worse? A corrupt politician admitting to killing corrupt politicians and drugs dealers? Or corrupt politicians hiding the fact that they kill corrupt politicians and innocent ones as well?

Did you miss that these are suspects? There were no trials, so every single one of the killed ones could've been innocent. We'll never know because they were killed with no effin trials. Some in raids and some when the President admitted to throwing someone out of a helicopter. Though to be fair, I think the helicopter incident may have happened before he became President since he's readily admitted to killing 3 rape & kidnapping suspects before when he was a Mayor (HERE).

Everyone has bloods on their hands, admitting it doesn't make him more evil than the next.

I don't so speak for yourself, bruh. Though it's quite telling that your argument is basically "I'd rather have a leader who admits to killing suspects and is waging a drug war that's killed thousands of suspects and civilians than to have a leader who I suspect is guilty of similar things but have zero proof that they are".

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Apparently Duterte is trolling Trump...and threatening to go to Russia instead....lol

www.rawstory.com...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

That's what you took from my post? That's some projection. Maybe you should read the rest of my posts in this thread to get a better understanding of my stance.

I'm saying it's quite hypocritical and short-sighted to criticize the president for meeting an openly corrupted politician as if anyone else is any better. It's a very simple assertion that doesn't need any proof, and should in fact be common knowledge for the enlightened, which I'm sure you are.

Where and how did you get the notion that I'd rather have an openly corrupted politician?

ETA: by the way, I'm talking about politicians having blood on their hands, not you and me silly.
edit on 1-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I simply replied to your response to my post lol. Look at what you actually typed to me. I can't read minds; I can only read posts so the context that matters is the context you included in your post.

Not to mention, the part you originally quoted from me:

was referring to the difference between inviting entertainers to the White House and inviting an actual politician who admits to killing suspects. You took that in a completely different direction by asking about "which is worse, a blah or a blah" while completely ignoring what I was even referring to. So please don't act like I'm the one missing context when you clearly ignored the context in my own posts.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I didn't take your post out of context at all, sure you were comparing him to entertainers, but after 2 videos and by the end of your post, it was about Duterte and nothing else. I mean considering what this thread is about and the direction it's been going, I think I was well within context.

Anyways it doesn't even matter anymore I've said what I've said and you have as well.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Great point. Saudi Arabia allow thousands of citizens to be killed in New York City at the World Trade Center and other locations. Talk about a country sponsoring human rights violations.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Exactly right. Not true conservatives. I'm sure there are many who think they're conservative that supported the foreign policy of the last couple decades - but at the end of the day a true conservative does not act out on globalist ambitions that serves no benefit to their own people.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sorry I couldn't respond to everyone, I was in an accident yesterday. I'll try to check back in and respond when I get home.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join