It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump invites Duterte to the White House

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

OH ,our PETTY CRIMINALS cover THAT...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Who said what he did is OK? If you're going to take the moral high ground and pretend you actually care about those 6000 lives he's killed, you would be outraged at your own country. Let's be real here, this hardly has anything to do with that and more to do with finding a reason to bash Trump.
edit on 30-4-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Do you not think I'm outraged about the lives lost in the war on drugs in our country? The war on drugs anywhere in the world is one of the biggest mistakes we've made as a species. Countless lives lost and family destroyed.

Duterte is the extreme side of the war on drugs.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Remember when elder Bush met with Assad for support for gulf war I?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

There is nothing right about killing 6000 people, and i doubt anyone would advocate for that, but let's not be naive here and think anyone is any better. You're not stupid and I'm sure you're aware of the heinous things that go on behind closed doors. A lot worse than killing 6000 drug dealers.

Point is, I don't see anything wrong with just having a meeting.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

Remember when elder Bush met with Assad for support for gulf war I?

Well, you are talking about Bush

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Obama just met with Philippine President Duterte for the first time since being called a 'son of a b----'

The presidents of the two longtime allies were due to hold talks on Tuesday but the White House canceled the meeting after Duterte's insult.

"I'm very happy that it happened," Philippines' foreign minister, Perfecto Yasay, said of their short meeting.

"It all springs from the fact that the relationship between the Philippines and the United States is firm, very strong."

The two men shook hands and chatted for about two minutes as they waited to take their seats at a gala dinner ahead of Thursday's East Asia Summit, according to Yasay and several of Duterte's aides.

This interview was dated September of 2016. Tell me where I can find the thread you made calling out Obama for doing the exact same thing less than one year ago.

I know... two sides of the same coin. But that's not my point.

My point is that you have selective outrage on this issue, with a lack of accountability for both sides of the coin.

edit on 4/30/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

There is nothing right about killing 6000 people, and i doubt anyone would advocate for that, but let's not be naive here and think anyone is any better. You're not stupid and I'm sure you're aware of the heinous things that go on behind closed doors. A lot worse than killing 6000 drug dealers.

Point is, I don't see anything wrong with just having a meeting.

Its not entirely about the meeting, which you'd know if you read any of the links in the OP. The meeting is just the latest thing.

It's about Trump's support for how Duterte's handling the war on drugs in his country.

You know, the 6,000 people.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

And that makes what Duterte does ok? It's just something that shouldn't matter, because its happened before?

No but he is the leader of a government and we need to maintain diplomatic relations. You cant change foriegn governments without meeting them. This is just incredibly stupid and thank god none of you run the state department.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I read something about the Philippians president cleaning up the area is making the regular people kind of happy that the violence and crime is going down. In this country we are letting these drug gangs shoot and rob our citizens. So allowing the crimes to go on in America is actually a good thing? The people who buy these drugs lots of time rob people to pay for their drugs. Getting rid of these drug dealers is not a bad thing. Sometimes I wonder why people say killing these drug dealers is inhumane, yet they are responsible for a lot of deaths and crime with their selling of drugs.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Mark08
Maybe President Trump should invite thug, violence and drug dealing glorifying, misogynistic rappers to the white house, or maybe race baiting psuedo celebtities?

Have any of those people killed over 6,000 people without trial?

Obama came in around 3000....just sayin...unless of course you're saying Duterte personally killed all of them.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Its not entirely about the meeting, as the links in the OP show.

That's just the latest thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

reut.rs...

Priebus insisted the outreach to Duterte “doesn't mean that human rights don't matter, but what it does mean is that the issues facing us developing out of North Korea are so serious that we need cooperation at some level with as many partners in the area as we can get to make sure we have our ducks in a row.”

Seems reasonable to me. I doubt they are meeting to discuss the war on drugs and how to implement his system over in the US.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Its not entirely about the meeting, as the links in the OP show.

That's just the latest thing.

It's also not entirely about fascism, or even remotely about fascism.

edit on 4/30/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Would you be surprised if it came to light that Duterte is a CIA asset?

Strategically, the Philippines is vital to US economic and military interests in the Australasian region and his (Dutertes) particular methodology of mass-propaganda coupled with high-profile and overt deaths of drug dealers has all the hallmarks of a very good and obedient little pawn - I especially like the way he tells everyone who criticizes him and his policies to #-off and keep your nose out of places you are not welcome.

He's not quite at the level of 'Kent-State University state sanctioned murder of unarmed innocents'....yet, but with the CIA's help, he'll be there real soon.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

He's not quite at the level of 'Kent-State University state sanctioned murder of unarmed innocents'....yet, but with the CIA's help, he'll be there real soon.

You're such an optimist.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I'm thinking Trump needs to get a 'read' on this guy.

He was very anti-American during the last months of Obama's Administration. It looked like he was aligning with China.

It's definitely worth watching to see where this goes.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
trump is still the new jesus right?

or is he still not like any other politician... is he still the new moses?

Amurka is great again.
viva duerte

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Some people forget Duarte was elected by the Phillipino people.Essentialy carrying out their wishes and I've read his anti-drug policy is popular among the people.I Do not endorse execution without trial,but do we have the right to tell the Philippines that their wrong?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Some people forget Duarte was elected by the Phillipino people.Essentialy carrying out their wishes and I've read his anti-drug policy is popular among the people.I Do not endorse execution without trial,but do we have the right to tell the Philippines that their wrong?

Actually the people that voted for him knew exactly what he was going to do he told them.

This is from an interview during his campaign he admitted he was behind the Davao death squads being the mayor. He turned that city around and supposedly killed 1000 people as he called criminals.

Here is part of that interview

Duterte publicly admitted his direct links to the Davao death squad during a May 24 live broadcast of his weekly television talk show. “Am I the death squad? True. That is true,” Duterte said on-air while discussing his accomplishments as Davao’s chief executive. He then pledged that if he became president of the Philippines he would execute 100,000 more criminals and dump their bodies in Manila Bay. Duterte’s comments echoed those he made on May 15, which asserted the summary killing of suspected criminals as a key plank to his approach to public security: “We’re the ninth safest city. How do you think I did it? How did I reach that title among the world’s safest cities? Kill them all [criminals].”

PS he is well behind his goal of 100000 people but he still has time i guess.
edit on 5/1/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join