It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop sending your kids to college and stop going to college, Why the Economy Sucks Exhibit B

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I absolutely disagree with you. College is one of the places that really helps the self-realization of children. They can understand what they are interested in and what they want to do.

posted on Apr, 15 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
College has become the #1 barrier to Americans in order to enter into middle to high middle class lifestyles. If you go to college you are in debt for the rest of your life, if you don't go to college you are going to have a very hard time in the market. It is no longer serving it's intended purpose. Not only is not serving it's intended purpose but all of the programs taught in universities were previously apprenticed and could easily be apprenticed again. It doesn't stop there either. College are no longer bastions of free thinking they have become leftist ideological echo chambers and mafia's that indoctrinate your children into communist and globalist ideology.

Chicago Tribune

June 30, total household indebtedness was $12.29 trillion, 10.2 percent above the recent low of 2013, but 3.1 percent below the peak seen in 2008.

The most obvious candidate for the next bubble is student loan debt, which has ballooned to $1.26 trillion.

The next generation who is suppose to buy your houses, fund your 401k's and pensions is now in more debt than any generation ever. Welcome to the new control mechanism of the banking cartels and the New World Order.

USA Today

Oklahoma

2015 graduates with student loan debt: 52%
Average debt: $24,849

North Carolina

2015 graduates with student loan debt: 61%
Average debt: $25,645

Colorado

2015 graduates with student loan debt: 56%
Average debt: $25,840

Here we have a situation where more than 50-60% of these graduates having at LEAST $30,000 in debt they will be paying for potentially decades at incredibly high interests rates in an economy that's going to experience 60% automation in ten years and where the rest of the jobs are getting shipped overseas.

My solution to the coming collapse is STOP GOING TO COLLEGE! STOP SENDING YOUR CHILDREN TO COLLEGE!

These corporations will be forced to train and fund a new workforce to collect their billions of dollars as it was in the past and as it should be now.

Time to put the power back into the hands of the many.

or maybe get a degree that catches up with the current times --- something with computer languages .... or learn cyber security ... another great field ---> these jobs will help pay of the debt (computer classes are boring as hell though)

I was able to get a job --> first interview (in computer industry -- there are many jobs)

(my story is that I didn't need to go to college to learn computer languages, but I did go to college for philosophy [not the smartest thing in present economy] -- but i would suggest that everyone else gets a degree in tech related field -- no matter what you want to do -- (either be a writer or whatever) --- at least you will have great chances of getting a job if your passion doesn't work out
edit on 15-4-2019 by EraTera2 because: grmr

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Students sometimes need help. Some college assignments are not needed in real life. Students should learn their profession, not writing poetry. Many students use www.paperial.com for writing even dissertations. I believe that this is absolutely normal, as students receive a bunch of useless tasks, and they have little time. The education system needs to be completely changed. It almost does not work. Good professionals are becoming less and less. We have to hire workers from other countries, but at the same time, there are no more jobs.

posted on Apr, 16 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Or they can do what I did. Not wanting to be burdened by college debt, and not having rich parents to pay for my degree, I moved to Europe and went to a much cheaper college than what I could get the states(90 dollars a month), only 30 minutes away from the beach by walking, and the rent of the house I was living in(3 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms; big rooms) was far, far less than what I was going to pay in LA for a one-bedroom apt. alone!

Add to that the fact that the college was 90% female with thousands of female students coming from Italy, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal and even Brazil, and most of them being young, naturally fit and pretty and... I have no idea why more and more fit young American males haven't thought about moving to a Sunny and cheap Euro Country to do what I did, LOL.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Nice
edit on 13-12-2019 by james5848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
On a funny note I got a bill for $63,000 give or take and I was notified I am 3 months behind in my debt. They had a bunch of info and some of it was close but I graduated in 83 not 06 and never had any loans. But for $1000 they would keep the Feds away.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Oklahoma

2015 graduates with student loan debt: 52%
Average debt: $24,849

North Carolina

2015 graduates with student loan debt: 61%
Average debt: $25,645

Colorado

2015 graduates with student loan debt: 56%
Average debt: $25,840

Here we have a situation where more than 50-60% of these graduates having at LEAST $30,000 in debt they will be paying for potentially decades at incredibly high interests rates in an economy that's going to experience 60% automation in ten years and where the rest of the jobs are getting shipped overseas.

According to this website, I didn't look closer than a simple google search:

There was a depressingly large gap between the two. On average undergraduates across all majors expected an annual salary of $57,964 in their first jobs after college. In fact, the average salary for college graduates is $47,000. That means college students overall are expecting to be paid 23 percent more than they will get when they first join the work force

www.inc.com...

So the average yearly salary out of college is 47k and the expected college debt is around 30k?

So what's all the outrage over student debt all about? One years salary following college can pay off, or at least put a serious dent in the debt.

Oh of course it means one has to prioritize paying off their debt and make sacrifices. That is something that our instant gratification society could never tolerate; we would rather enslave ourselves to the bank than wait that one more year before moving out of mom and dads basement and get that new car.

This is not a criticism of the OP; I agree that our society seriously needs to rethink the "college for all" death spiral we are on. It just also chaps my buns to hear people complaining about their oh so "insurmountable" college debt. Its just ridicules and a cop out.

I also agree with the OPs ideas on apprenticeships. I'd like to believe that I am a well off Electrical Engineer. I have a good job and a good salary ... I did not need to go to college to get these things ... oh don't misunderstand I needed the peace of paper to even get my foot in the door ... but after that, everything I do now, everything I'm good at, I learned on the job; not at college. I could have easily took on my first "engineering" job right out of high school and I would have still wound up right where I am now... College was just a means to get the paper that got my foot in the door, it doesn't need to be like that.

I'd say the exact same thing for my graduate level business degree. Those "graduate level" classes where 10 times less difficult than my engineering under graduate classes ... but I still needed the degree to get my foot in the door. Its a waist to make people pay for something they really don't need to do the job.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

College is good, if you are going to get a high demand degree. But if you are going for gender studies. It's best you join the workforce instead.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 12:44 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join