It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop sending your kids to college and stop going to college, Why the Economy Sucks Exhibit B

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
College has become the #1 barrier to Americans in order to enter into middle to high middle class lifestyles. If you go to college you are in debt for the rest of your life, if you don't go to college you are going to have a very hard time in the market. It is no longer serving it's intended purpose. Not only is not serving it's intended purpose but all of the programs taught in universities were previously apprenticed and could easily be apprenticed again. It doesn't stop there either. College are no longer bastions of free thinking they have become leftist ideological echo chambers and mafia's that indoctrinate your children into communist and globalist ideology.

Chicago Tribune

June 30, total household indebtedness was $12.29 trillion, 10.2 percent above the recent low of 2013, but 3.1 percent below the peak seen in 2008.

The most obvious candidate for the next bubble is student loan debt, which has ballooned to $1.26 trillion.

The next generation who is suppose to buy your houses, fund your 401k's and pensions is now in more debt than any generation ever. Welcome to the new control mechanism of the banking cartels and the New World Order.

USA Today

Oklahoma

2015 graduates with student loan debt: 52%
Average debt: $24,849

North Carolina

2015 graduates with student loan debt: 61%
Average debt: $25,645

Colorado

2015 graduates with student loan debt: 56%
Average debt: $25,840

Here we have a situation where more than 50-60% of these graduates having at LEAST $30,000 in debt they will be paying for potentially decades at incredibly high interests rates in an economy that's going to experience 60% automation in ten years and where the rest of the jobs are getting shipped overseas.

My solution to the coming collapse is STOP GOING TO COLLEGE! STOP SENDING YOUR CHILDREN TO COLLEGE!

These corporations will be forced to train and fund a new workforce to collect their billions of dollars as it was in the past and as it should be now.

Time to put the power back into the hands of the many.
edit on 30-4-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I went to college for something my parents pretty much told me do or get out, and it wasn't what i wanted to do. I moved out but attended anyways to try to impress them and show them I'd be fine on my own. Well, halfway through I decided it really wasn't for me. Got a lot of debt, and paid it off this past year.... only 7 years later but so be it. I was considering going back recently but decided I'd rather try my hand at teaching myself or having my current job help out..... It's all a trap, I agree.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Welcome to the new control mechanism of the banking cartels and New World Order.

Sad but true. Welcome indeed.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

It's nothing but a clever marketing scheme concocted and perpetuated by academia and the large corporations who no longer want the fiscal responsibility of providing training for their workforce.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Another problem that I have first hand experience and debt with is that our government is subsidizing scam universities. Ones with obsolete curriculum. It should be a crime and felony fraud convictions should have already happened.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That's the very reason I haven't used it. I'm also a janitor lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Everything that can be exploited is being exploited. Medical insurance-property tax-public schools always need more$$S-and of course colleges are designed to get the absolute most $$$$ out of people (18-19 years old) who have no idea of the sh-storm they are getting themselves into.

Let's face it-every single thing that is required to be "successful" is pegged at 7,000 RPM and the engine is about to blow. If "they" can milk you for it they are. I hope this all works out, but.....

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Everything the government subsidizes gets massively exploited.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
That's the very reason I haven't used it. I'm also a janitor lol.

As I said.. it's the #1 largest barrier in America to obtaining a middle class lifestyle.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you are going to school for a BA in English, I concur. Educations is likely wasted on you anyway. But if you want to be an engineer or an MD, college is the only way you're going to get there. What has happened, really, is that getting into college, and even graduating, is WAY TOO EASY. It is technically too easy. It is intellectually too easy, and it's too easy to get a loan. Why is it so easy? Because we have to accommodate folks who think it is too hard. They would have you believe that college, or any school, really, is too hard because it is all about unfairness. Students are never stupid; only schools are. Minorities are all geniuses who have been kept down by The Man. Whites do better because of White Privilege. (Strangely, Asians are ignored on this issue.)

It's not a new thing that a liberal education doesn't get you a job. That's been true for generations. What's relatively new is the ease of getting loans, which results in the ease of raising tuition, which results in the ease of getting into debt. There is no reason whatsoever that banks should loan money to students to get a B.A. in English. That's just stupid. But if they don't do it, what happens? Discrimination accusations.

These days graduation from college does not even guarantee that you have the basics of grammar down. The educational level of a college graduate is not even as high as a high school graduate in the thirties. College was once thought of for the elite, which was not always a bad word. Now it's for the mediocre, and people wonder what's wrong.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Unless you can produce a solid foundation of evidence to prove that most of these degrees are in liberal arts then I am going to have to take the position that there are in fact no jobs for these kids and it has nothing to do with the degrees they have.

If you can provide actual evidence to support your position such as statistics then you can possibly pursued me to believe what you suggest.

Otherwise you are just making things up as you go along because it sounds good.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

It is easy so they can gain more "clients".

If it was hard to get loans it would be hard to get asses in the seats.

If it was hard to pass entry exams, it would be hard to get asses in the seats.

The only reason anything is easy is to insure there are asses in the seats-actually they don't care where you ass is as long as you paid.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Education makes you stupid. LOL!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: NerdGoddess

It's nothing but a clever marketing scheme concocted and perpetuated by academia and the large corporations who no longer want the fiscal responsibility of providing training for their workforce.

Obviously you've never been to college.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

A. I have been to school and B. I have been working with people who have various degrees for years and I can see no direct correlation between the degree and the persons ability to compete and their intelligence.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Medical
Education
Automotive
Housing

All industries the government manipulate at the expense of taxpayer labor and their printed money.

Debt is the real scam.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

food

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Education doesn't make you stupid, and not everyone wants to grow up to be a worker bee.

The benefits of higher education aren't all about finding a job.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

We have current highschoolers looking for colleges for good jobs...we have college students looking to graduate and GET good jobs...and we have college grads who still cant find jobs.

And this train keeps forging ahead without stopping...and the more digitized the society gets...the less jobs are out for someone with a liberal arts, history, art, music whatever degree. Yeah teaching of course but...the line from jr. high to high to college to grads to unemployment is full steam ahead without relief.

One college grad recently was saying about his student loans..."Our parents pushed and pushed us to get good grades for good jobs. Why didnt they TELL us! There's little or no jobs in our chosen fields! And I owe thousands of $$$ in loans and now my little brother is entering college and next year our sister! Why didnt they tell us it would be like this?"

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Unless you can produce a solid foundation of evidence to prove that most of these degrees are in liberal arts then I am going to have to take the position that there are in fact no jobs for these kids and it has nothing to do with the degrees they have.

If you can provide actual evidence to support your position such as statistics then you can possibly pursued me to believe what you suggest.

Otherwise you are just making things up as you go along because it sounds good.

You have no idea what you are taking about and I'm not going to waste my time educating you. If you have a degree in chemical engineering, I absolutely GUARANTEE there will be a job waiting for you. If you have a B.S. (and RN) in nursing, I absolutely GUARANTEE there will be a job waiting for you. There are hundreds of thousands of good jobs going begging in this country because there are no qualified applicants. But if you waste your loan on a B.A. in English, not only will you not have a job when you graduate, you don't deserve one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join