It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Monthly Pattern of UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Came across this and can't recall the last time I saw monthly charts of sightings. It's been alleged that aliens prefer our desert climes, so in one respect as long as I'm going with speculation it would make sense temperature wise that more were seen in the northern states in the summer. Of course I'm not discounting the obvious, that it's likely just more people are out on nice summer nights.

Being curious now I'm curious about the patterns of sightings in the Northwest Territory, Alaska, and Arctic!

Since I started writing the New York Skies blog, I have found that New York experiences a high season for UFO sightings, June through September, peaking in July and August. My assumption, and the conjecture from many readers, suggested that this was a fair weather pattern. Nicer weather gave a better opportunity for more observers to be outside for a chance to see a UFO. We also took for granted that the every place would have a pattern like this.

When my wife was laying out the book, she began to notice that there were different monthly patterns in certain states. She also noted that they seemed to be latitude dependent. In Northern states, the observer pattern followed a strong rise during the summer months.

www.syracusenewtimes.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Maybe I was premature, or just lazy...found this.

www.ctvnews.ca...#

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Then there was this little beauty.
It's always nice when a publication just comes straight out and calls all people who report a sighting drunks.
ROFL!!

The National UFO Reporting Center has received about 90,000 reported sightings of UFOs in the last 40 years, according to the Economist. That's about six per day—with the majority happening on Fridays, in the West, and during, um, drinking hours.

www.theatlantic.com...

Everyone feel free to add some more charts, this is getting hysterical.
edit on 30-4-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Of course you can't dabble in this without historical documents. At least I don't think this is one we've seen before?

In a series of memos dated all the way to the late 1940s, top CIA officials detail their mounting concern over extraterrestrial life descending upon us. One strange trend quickly emerged to those officials, and one that has remained constant in the 67 years since. Today, as they did in 1949, UFO sightings spike in the summer.

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 30-4-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Then there was this little beauty.
It's always nice when a publication just comes straight out and calls all people who report a sighting drunks.
ROFL!!

The National UFO Reporting Center has received about 90,000 reported sightings of UFOs in the last 40 years, according to the Economist. That's about six per day—with the majority happening on Fridays, in the West, and during, um, drinking hours.

www.theatlantic.com...

Everyone feel free to add some more charts, this is getting hysterical.

Brahahahaha! That is epic! And makes a great deal of common sense...Occam's Razor and all.

S&F

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Thank you kindly!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

that looks a bit tampered with because really? the only spike on the chart is in the drinking hours?
looks suspicious to me

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

HAHA! And the state I live in is Washington state, the Fish state

They should pass a labeling law on alcoholic beverages that UFO sightings may be seen while drinking alcohol..

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

It's possible you're right, or it could be those are also the times people are having barbecues, stargazing, fishing or any other normal evening activity on a warm summer night? Coming home from retail jobs? The movies? I included it as a tongue in cheek thing cause it cracked me up.

We've gone from being called crazy to being called drunks, I'm not sure we're making progress?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Couldn't more sightings in the summer months in northern be very easily explained by "hey it's finally warm enough to be out at night"? Far more hours of observations then.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Boy, somebody's drinking hours are rather curtailed. Need to expand them for research's sake.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

that looks a bit tampered with because really? the only spike on the chart is in the drinking hours?
looks suspicious to me

I don't remember which one, but a UFO presenter/researcher showed that UFO sightings peak around 10-11 PM and die down until a second, shorter peak at 2-3 AM. Remember "drinking hours" means those hours that people aren't usually working or sleeping. Also, they are probably more noticeable at night, when people are looking up at the stars and any weird light might catch attention. That said, even that presenter noted the second spike coincided with the time the bars close.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

Yeah its almost as if the people operating these ufos keep to the same hours as humans do.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

that makes more sense the one peak thing is what makes me suspicious

top topics

join