It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of the Space Race

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

First stop to believe that man ever landed on the moon then your mystic solves itself

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Really your criticism is because he didn't want include UFOs?

The OP worked hard on this thread and did a fantastic job, kind of pretentious of you IMHO to opine because something you're interested in wasn't included.....feel free to make your own thread about that aspect.

OP you did a great job, great information in there!

Ps who is the ATS person you referred to? Any links to his ATS threads on it or did I miss them

edit on 5/1/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Great thread, tagged.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Citing a history of the "space race" between the Americans and the Soviets without including the important psychological aspect that UFOs added to the whole drama is virtually criminal or at least literary malfeasance.

This thread is not about UFOs that's why it's not in the UFO forum.

However if you feel their omission from any "Space Race" thread is virtually criminal then contribute with your own thread? Just make sure you have the proof for your assertions that would stand up in a court of law.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

You should have your own show on The History Channel.

You can replace Ancient Aliens, they weren't really doing it for me anyways.

Good idea . I've invested in some rapid hair growth products to help seal a deal.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Ps who is the ATS person you referred to? Any links to his ATS threads on it or did I miss them

Jim Oberg is a space historian and journalist. He also previously worked for NASA. You can view his threads : here

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Talked to my wife's grandfather what was involved in the Apollo launches and met Wernher von Braun. He says that after WW2 the group of German elite scientist decided to split between the US and USSR. The nuclear side went to the US and some of the rocket scientists went to the USSR, thus is why they beat us into space, but couldn't sustain beyond that.

I tried pressing for some top secret UFO info but he wouldn't budge. Other info I did get from him is that after the Apollo 1 disaster he helped investigate it. He said that the reason that it happened was due to pilot (astronaut) error, the external power was still attached when they engaged the internal power, thus causing the fire. Also he stated that they could have escaped if they didn't panic. Reason he said this is that the autopsy report found that one of the astronauts tried pushing the door outward but it opened inward. They said this because there was imprints or scars of the hatch door on one of their backs. He's still alive and close to 90, next time I see him I'll ask for more. Hope that helps some, its intriguing.
edit on 1-5-2017 by staticfl because: typos

edit on 1-5-2017 by staticfl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cassanovaondabeat

People have been making complex mathematical calculations for centuries before computers ever existed, what's so special about the Apollo math that they'd need modern computers? It's also incredibly ignorant and naive to take the stance "It doesn't matter what the evidence says, I have faith in my beliefs"

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Those two incidents one space craft skipping off earths atmosphere into deep space and the other one uncontrolled into deep space, if true would be my absolute nightmare.

I would want a cyanide capsule on any mission to space just in case.

Anyone know if that's feasible to skip off earths atmosphere and still have enough energy to escape earths gravity?

That has happened with meteorites. Some have come crashing and burning through the Earth's atmosphere to altitudes so low that they melted desert sand into glass and then skipped out back into space. Here's a story from 1972:

newwest.net...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Not read your post yet but for the effort involved making this, you deserve a flag and a star. Its posters like yourself that help keep ATS what I originally came to love. Good content, that teaches and reads well.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Cool story. I had never heard of that before.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
There is NO race into space. The US of A never went to the moon; if people can explain how it is they admit they cant get thru the van allen belt then how did they did it the first time.

People it was made up .... there was NO to the moon. that's all folks. And that data is well understood by anyone that knows anything of cosmic science.....no moon it was a movie for the benefit to overpower USSR at the time. There never has been and scientific proof, verifiable scientific evidence, just the word of the USofA.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: akaSAM

So why didn't the USSR dispute it?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Can you explain why you need to lie to support your position? Please provide a citation for your claim "how it is they admit they cant get thru the van allen belt then how did they did it the first time." Why do you hoax pushers ALWAYS resort to lying? Is it because it's been nearly 50 years and you guys still haven't been able to come up with a single piece of evidence to support your faith, so you have to invent some?

edit on 3-5-2017 by captainpudding because: formatting

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

What about this? Or maybe the fact if you have a good enough telescope, you can actually spot equipment still on the moon.

Ya, "cosmic science", as you put it, would be a good thing to know before you start claiming to know all the facts;

The Apollo missions marked the first event where humans traveled through the Van Allen belts, which was one of several radiation hazards known by mission planners.[30] The astronauts had low exposure in the Van Allen belts due to the short period of time spent flying through them. Apollo flight trajectories bypassed the inner belts completely to send spacecraft through only the thinner areas of the outer belts.[24][31] Astronauts' overall exposure was actually dominated by solar particles once outside Earth's magnetic field. The total radiation received by the astronauts varied from mission to mission but was measured to be between 0.16 and 1.14 rads (1.6 and 11.4 mGy), much less than the standard of 5 rem (50 mSv) per year set by the United States Atomic Energy Commission for people who work with radioactivity.

And as captainpudding mentioned, the only thing the hoax pushers can claim are it was either one giant photoshop job or they start screaming, "but the Van Allen Belts!!!??!!?" They tend to ignore the massive amounts of facts and proof the rest of us have.

Amazing thread by the way! Thank you for taking the time to put it all together.

edit on 3-5-2017 by ProjectedLogic because: Clarify

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Thanks for a really interesting read, some stuff I knew, all the (allegedly) failed attempts - and the horrors that probably entailed for the victims - I had no idea about, but that's probably because most of what I do know came from when my son did a project for primary school on the space race...not the areas you tend to venture into with small people.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

We do not need to leave the craddle (Earth) yet, when we can fix that overpopulation problem.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Agreed. This man should be rewarded for his hard work with his own show no doubt.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Excellent thread!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

great posts, what do you think about the italians getting there sister to make the recording of the female cosmonaut and allot of the others being fake. i have listened to the recordings and i do not speak one word of Russian but it did seem a bit off.

and the translations seemed very off andshe was not using known Russian command structure.

The dog story is sad they could have added many easy and quick kill items but i think she fulfilled her mission as it was laid out.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join