It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says rally crowd broke records despite empty seats

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
a reply to: TheScale

In terms of concerts, yes, but concerts are very different animals from political rallies (usually, at least, or are supposed to be.) For starters, during concerts, people will leave their "seats" to get closer to the act, especially in less formal rock concerts, for things like moshing, drinking, dancing, crowd surfing, ect. As a result, security, crowd movement, how seating is set up and monitored,are far more fluid and less formal, crowds can actually get close to the performers.

This, however, is not a rock concert. This is even more than a Broadway musical or high society opera. This is the standing President of the U.S., the most powerful individual in the world. So the situation is going to be very different. Number 1, unlike a rock concert, you do not have people wandering around without an actual assigned seat, at least, not in any significant numbers. This isn't the security staff for Metallica, this is the freaking secret service directing security. Seating arrangements are going to be more strictly enforced, security and crowd monitoring tighter. So actually getting an idea on crowd numbers in this case is easier.

In this case, we have a standing president giving a public rally. That alone should have packed the place, regardless of who likes him or hates him. I look at every president that I can actively remember from childhood on. The first was Reagan, then Bush Sr, Then Bill Clinton, then Bush Jr, then Obama. In the case of every one of these presidents, I remember that whenever they attended an event, gave a speech, or held a rally, the venue was packed, as in sold out. Even presidents during periods of unpopularity or low approval ratings. People on both sides of the fence would flock to see the president, simply because, he's the freaking president. Most powerful guy in the world. Filling up such a venue has never been a problem, and they usually pack/sell out quickly.

In the case of Donald Trump, however, this is not the case. The only people with any interest in him speaking anymore are his most rabid followers. Even the GOP are pretty much ignoring him now on a number of things. It's telling. Even more so his obsession with being popular. Never seen a president, or for that matter, anyone outside of Hollyweird, so obsessed with public numbers and ratings and the like. A good part of the reason myself, as well as many others, don't take him seriously or even respect him.

yeah but if u look at the numbers givin, "about 7000" which could mean 7600 for all we know then it wouldnt exactly be a lie. the reporting would be. does he over exaggerate? yeah but honestly we just had the previous sitting president doing the exact same thing talking about obamacare being more popular then trump. its in a thread right here on ATS. so imo people are just doing the ole partisan reporting and trying to make a stink over something that while maybe not 100% true is really close to the truth. its like a team in sports absolutely dominating another team, and when they mention how they ran over the other guys, the journalists raise a stink and say, "but the other team did score some points so why are u lying?". its a non story imo and just another mark in the column for shoddy journalism.

btw u mention how people at concerts leave their seats to try and get closer to the band, so dont u think that quite possibly the exact same thing happened in that arena and thats why people werent in the nosebleeds in that one section of the arena? the whole premise of this story revolves around the fact they saw some empty seats in the nosebleeds thus trumps lying.

if u really believe hes all about popularity, then what say you on obamas appearances on late night talk shows, oprah, the view, etc and the subsequent reporting of it.

obamas public appearances

edit on 2-5-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The premise of the story is that Trump claims he set records. If the place had been packed, it wouldn't be listed as "around 7000". The capacity is 7600. This is not a rock concert. This is, from the looks of it, a closed arena. Secret service is going to know exactly how many people are there (or permitted to be there). Even the number of people allowed to get closer to the president is going to be limited by the secret service, so once again, most people are going to have to suck it up and stay in nosebleed land.

So basically, once again, we have evidence (not just from the picture but articles themselves) that Trump is, as usual, lying and delusional purposefully, and blatantly. Because popularity and adoration are more important to him than actually being a wise, intelligent, competent leader. It's his obsession, an obsession no other president had. He tweets and rants about it constantly.

Did other presidents in the past wax and obsess over popularity, TV and live audience numbers? Nope. Sure, they tracked things like poll numbers, public attitudes towards their policies and administration. And spent their share of time staging photo ops to make them look good. But as far as TV ratings and crowd sizes, you didn't hear them going on and on about them as if they are some measure of their success or intelligence. They didn't go on grammatically challenged twitter rants crying about impersonations or the press being "mean".

Whatever Obama's ratings and popularity were when he made a TV appearance or something is neither here nor there. The media and liberal commentators were more interested plugging and displaying the numbers. Obama himself, rarely, if ever, made any mention of it. Ratings and numbers are the areas of concern of the media and action groups. The president, if he is actually a president, has better things to think about and talk about.

Because the Donald is such a ratings and popularity whore, he opens himself up to this contempt and ridicule.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Fake news from the fake news about a guy who calls the news fake news-my head's spinning.

How's the construction on that wall coming Trump? We should name it the 'flippin' hypocritical contrarian wall that wasn't built.'

edit on 2-5-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I would say what Muslims do to non believers is pretty damn evil. As for the Mexicans, we don't hate them, we just don't like that so many are here illegally

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Bingo

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Also, as much as I hate to stereotype, these crowds do seem to be filled with the cap wearing rednecks, bikers, and elderly people. It's the same over here with the brexit crowd. Most people have gone quiet about it now they see what a total disaster it is, except the "I'M HAPPY WIV MY VOTE WE WILL GET CONTROL OF R BORDERS AGEN" crowd who seem to be willing to accept ANY exit package regardless of content.

Seems the same with the trumpcult. As long as they build a wall and "troll lib snowflakes" he seems to be able to say absolutely anything and they lap it up.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The premise of the story is that Trump claims he set records. If the place had been packed, it wouldn't be listed as "around 7000". The capacity is 7600. This is not a rock concert. This is, from the looks of it, a closed arena. Secret service is going to know exactly how many people are there (or permitted to be there). Even the number of people allowed to get closer to the president is going to be limited by the secret service, so once again, most people are going to have to suck it up and stay in nosebleed land.

So basically, once again, we have evidence (not just from the picture but articles themselves) that Trump is, as usual, lying and delusional purposefully, and blatantly. Because popularity and adoration are more important to him than actually being a wise, intelligent, competent leader. It's his obsession, an obsession no other president had. He tweets and rants about it constantly.

Did other presidents in the past wax and obsess over popularity, TV and live audience numbers? Nope. Sure, they tracked things like poll numbers, public attitudes towards their policies and administration. And spent their share of time staging photo ops to make them look good. But as far as TV ratings and crowd sizes, you didn't hear them going on and on about them as if they are some measure of their success or intelligence. They didn't go on grammatically challenged twitter rants crying about impersonations or the press being "mean".

Whatever Obama's ratings and popularity were when he made a TV appearance or something is neither here nor there. The media and liberal commentators were more interested plugging and displaying the numbers. Obama himself, rarely, if ever, made any mention of it. Ratings and numbers are the areas of concern of the media and action groups. The president, if he is actually a president, has better things to think about and talk about.

Because the Donald is such a ratings and popularity whore, he opens himself up to this contempt and ridicule.

see this is what i dont understand. i myself dont dislike obama and many of his policies i liked and so far im undecided on trump. didnt vote for him btw. but it takes a whole 5 mins to do a google search and find plenty of articles talking about obamas "record breaking crowds". people can be shown evidence that refutes the articles statements and yet still ignore it. you say yourself that the SS has the exact numbers yet dont call out the journalists in the article for their shoddy journalism because they themselves didnt do their research and get those numbers. they just took a guess. around 7000 could very well be 7600. they are guessing nothing more. you yourself have evidence from being at concerts with max attendance and point out they like to leave their seats to get closer to the band yet for some reason dont believe the same thing could have happened there. these partisan stances drive many of us crazy who dont play for one team or the other.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

see this is what i dont understand. i myself dont dislike obama and many of his policies i liked and so far im undecided on trump. didnt vote for him btw. but it takes a whole 5 mins to do a google search and find plenty of articles talking about obamas "record breaking crowds". people can be shown evidence that refutes the articles statements and yet still ignore it. you say yourself that the SS has the exact numbers yet dont call out the journalists in the article for their shoddy journalism because they themselves didnt do their research and get those numbers. they just took a guess. around 7000 could very well be 7600. they are guessing nothing more. you yourself have evidence from being at concerts with max attendance and point out they like to leave their seats to get closer to the band yet for some reason dont believe the same thing could have happened there. these partisan stances drive many of us crazy who dont play for one team or the other.

link to article stating record crowds
and another

so its not like these things dont happen every presidency. there PR gurus do this every cycle.

for referance heres a link to some pictures where they believe they set the record for attendance at the farm show arena due to the 11,000+ cars parked outside in the parking lot. checkout those empty seats inside
Farm show arena attendance 2015

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Once again you have missed my point.

Your article from the NYT even proves the point. The article is journalists describing the event. Not Obama. Obama is not going on about his YUGE crowds and all the people that luv him so. The media was the one going on about crowd size, numbers. Obama made brief mention, and went on to do his campaign spiel. Because he had more important things to discuss.

But also, your NYT article is from Obama's 2008 presidential campaign, when he was still a senator. Not even the president. The second article referred to his inauguration. In Neither article to I see Obama going on and on about crowd size and popularity to the detriment of whatever message he was about to deliver.

The media are the ones commenting on numbers, not the president. As president, I never remember Obama going on about things like this. Hell, I don't remember any president doing so. The media are the ones who are the ratings whores. Presidents should be above that, because they are actual policy makers. Ratings and crowdsize are media whore concerns. Celebrity concerns.

Trump is the one plugging on about crowds, ratings, and all the people who love him, at the detriment of any meaningful discussion of policy. That is the key here. It is more important to Trump that he has YUGE crowds at his rallies, and that newspapers and news agencies only write glowing reviews of him, than it is for him to actually be a president. He's a media/ratings whore. He cares about the same things that the corporate media he claims to despise care about. He's the Kardashian version of a presidency.

THAT is my point. I don't hate Obama either, even though I didn't vote for him in either election. In 2008 I voted Mc Cain. In 2012 I voted Gary Johnson. In 2016 I voted Gary Johnson again. I actually have come to hold a grudging respect and admiration for Obama. Hillary Clinton is a Neo Con in drag. I am hardly "partisan".

The issue is Trump still being in his celebrity game show mentality, and not the mentality of an actual leader. Thus, like I said, he brings all the contempt and ridicule upon himself. He is a buffoon and a joke, only loved and respected by other buffoons and jokers. His first 100 days and so far, its clear he is out of his depth and more interested in rallies and golfing than running the country. This is why he gets all the hate and contempt he deserves.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I just have to laugh every time I see some triggered leftist fall for these Trump trolls.

Don't you liberals know that Trump does this on purpose?

Even the Fake News leftist media doesn't bite on most of these trolls anymore because they know the second they do Trump will drop the hammer on them.

For example, I have no doubt that Trump's crowd in PA the other day was far bigger than any Bill Clinton's wife had during the campaign. I'm sure that would have been the snap.

Again, it's truly hilarious to watch the leftists fall for these Trump trolls over and over again.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Once again you have missed my point.

Your article from the NYT even proves the point. The article is journalists describing the event. Not Obama. Obama is not going on about his YUGE crowds and all the people that luv him so. The media was the one going on about crowd size, numbers. Obama made brief mention, and went on to do his campaign spiel. Because he had more important things to discuss.

But also, your NYT article is from Obama's 2008 presidential campaign, when he was still a senator. Not even the president. The second article referred to his inauguration. In Neither article to I see Obama going on and on about crowd size and popularity to the detriment of whatever message he was about to deliver.

The media are the ones commenting on numbers, not the president. As president, I never remember Obama going on about things like this. Hell, I don't remember any president doing so. The media are the ones who are the ratings whores. Presidents should be above that, because they are actual policy makers. Ratings and crowdsize are media whore concerns. Celebrity concerns.

Trump is the one plugging on about crowds, ratings, and all the people who love him, at the detriment of any meaningful discussion of policy. That is the key here. It is more important to Trump that he has YUGE crowds at his rallies, and that newspapers and news agencies only write glowing reviews of him, than it is for him to actually be a president. He's a media/ratings whore. He cares about the same things that the corporate media he claims to despise care about. He's the Kardashian version of a presidency.

THAT is my point. I don't hate Obama either, even though I didn't vote for him in either election. In 2008 I voted Mc Cain. In 2012 I voted Gary Johnson. In 2016 I voted Gary Johnson again. I actually have come to hold a grudging respect and admiration for Obama. Hillary Clinton is a Neo Con in drag. I am hardly "partisan".

The issue is Trump still being in his celebrity game show mentality, and not the mentality of an actual leader. Thus, like I said, he brings all the contempt and ridicule upon himself. He is a buffoon and a joke, only loved and respected by other buffoons and jokers. His first 100 days and so far, its clear he is out of his depth and more interested in rallies and golfing than running the country. This is why he gets all the hate and contempt he deserves.

i dont really want to make this about obama cause its really all presidents that do this type of thing but do u remember obama thanking himself for lowering gas prices in a speech, praising his popularity numbers when they were actually tanking, praising himself in his farewell speech in chicago, referring to himself over a 100 times in many speeches, etc etc? they all do this, the only difference is that obama was more eloquent in his speeches. most people that make it to office have a pretty big ego. u could go back to the bush years and clinton years to find the same things. bush with his protection of america after 911, clinton with how popular he was with various minorities. its nothing new its just right now u have the media who jump on anything and nitpick it to death.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
I just have to laugh every time I see some triggered leftist fall for these Trump trolls.
Don't you liberals know that Trump does this on purpose?it's truly hilarious to watch the leftists fall for these Trump trolls over and over again.

I find it a might telling that Trumpkins are falling all over themselves bleating how their president is full of #.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Don't you liberals know that Trump does this on purpose?it's truly hilarious to watch the leftists fall for these Trump trolls over and over again.

I find it a might telling that Trumpkins are falling all over themselves bleating how their president is full of #.

That's nice.

Is "Trumpkin" meant to be an insult, because I have no idea how any educated, straight, red-blooded male could be a pathetic needy little leftist.

Don't you agree?
edit on 2-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama was a miserable failure.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

That's nice.

Is "Trumpkin" meant to be an insult, because I have no idea how any educated, straight, red-blooded male could be a pathetic needy little leftist.

Don't you agree?
I'm glad that confuses you. It could be an indication that your world is a little more complex than you think.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

That's nice.

Don't you agree?
I'm glad that confuses you. It could be an indication that your world is a little more complex than you think.

I'm not confused at all. Perhaps you are. After all, you're an adherent to an ideology based upon dependency and theft.

Again, is the term "Trumpkin" meant to be an insult?

That's a fairly simple question.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: buster2010

No you're right sorry, let's continue to cry about insignificant things so the world can see how angry we are.

Please do continue.

Well, given how many times the socialist media outlets have tried to portray trump related events as being empty or having a low turn out, i would wager this is either before the event got started, or during a break. And the the socialist sheeple keep on buying into it! Lets see some more footage before making the same old wrong assumptions.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
the thing id like to know is what exact record is trump referring to. a single day political rally at the arena? all time attendance record for that arena? attendance versus previous rallies hes had? records are very specific and if youve ever read the guinness book of world records youll see how crazy it can be. unless u have access to those arenas records there is no way to even know. great journalism though on the medias part providing zero statistics or number to refute the claim, but look some nose bleed seats were empty, thus LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE! and this is why the medias numbers have tanked.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Don't listen to these people. They have to resort to using camera tricks to make it look like the place was empty. Not to mention resorting to calling anyone who dared to vote for Trump as "rabid followers". It's all they have...

Here is a video of Obama's last speech to veterans...

At least half of the seats in that event were empty, and it was a very small place.

Now let's see again the attendance for president Trump.

Does that look that empty?...

Maybe we should look at some of Hillary rallies during the election?

These photos are small but will post a link to a video showing how they had to close half of the building, and even after doing that half of the seats were empty.

BTW, should we mention the fact that Obama would refer to himself in speeches dozens of times and these same people didn't say a peep about it?.

Obama Refers To Himself 75 Times In Farewell Address

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: yousipapu
All this carrying on especially after Trumps challenger got busted paying people to attend hers.

animetvtime.com....

The election has been over with for a while now come back to present day and make up an excuse as to why your boy is lying.

Or you could leave that hypocrisy at the door before coming on to ats. Even if trump is lying, it doesn't matter because hillary set the bar. Before, during and after the election... and were not just talking about event turnout, green screening events to show an actually turn out, busing in high school students to a college campus for a rally while excluding university students since her previous appearance at that college was met with a massive protest, busing in paid protesters to stir up hostilities at trump rally's with 5+ times as many at said rally's, starting the trump-russia propaganda... hell making obombya's birthday certificate issuse a main stream issue (do you really think she had nothing to do with it?)

Spending 1.7 billion on a campaign that was all about attack adds, and very little policy or principle. Buying media support, and having those same media outlets hand her debate questions, run fake polls to try and show the illusion that she was in anyway ahead. Lying about her health. Lying about various details having to do with her unauthorized private email server illegally being used to house and send classified emails to who knows where. Having people without approval or the necessary clearence to manage her private email server. (You don't plead the 5th unless you have something to hide, or are extremely fearful for your on or possible your families safety) Lying about Benghazi, and showing absolutely no remorse or concern for the american lives sacrificed to hide dirty deals. Lying about pay to play and using her position as SoS to boost the clinton foundation. To lying about being under fire when there plane landed in Bosnia. And really, with amount of exposer shes had to classifed info over the last 50 years or so... do you really think she made a "mistake"? She was on the house judiciary committee investigating watergate... she would have been briefed on handling classifed info. When bill was governor of Arkansas two separate times, she would have likely been briefed on handling classifed info on the off chance she over heard something or was there when something happened that could have been classifed. Then again when bill was president... and again when she became a senator in 2000. And yet again when she was made SoS.

So here you are getting all emotional about trump possible lying about people showing up to an event, yet you give hillary a free pass when she lies about national security issues...

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
But but but HILLARYYYYYYYYYY

"Stop being so mean about President Trump you big meanies, he's a good person and y'all are just being so horrible to him!!! :'("

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join