It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says rally crowd broke records despite empty seats

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So nobody here and the nowhere in the article states how many people attended and what the record(s) were that were allegedly broken.

Just your average bash Trump article and ATS typicals.

Donnie has no idea either. He just says things because he knows the cult will eat it up and cheer him on. If he'd had statistical evidence of his claims you can bet your arse he'd have tweeted it over his morning weetabix.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

We tried going to a Trump rally in late October, got e tickets online , waited in a HUGE line and just as we were near the door, they closed them. There was eaisly 2 to 3,500 people that didn't get in as the line behind us nearly went back to our initial starting spot in line. I'm sure they give out more tickets than seats, they want a full house.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: dragonridr

We tried going to a Trump rally in late October, got e tickets online , waited in a HUGE line and just as we were near the door, they closed them. There was eaisly 2 to 3,500 people that didn't get in as the line behind us nearly went back to our initial starting spot in line. I'm sure they give out more tickets than seats, they want a full house.

And they want the photo op so they can show big lines of [disappointed] people. It speaks volumes that you support him, and even you suggest they may be wilfully giving out excess tickets knowing fully that it will inconvenience the supporters.

Lovely.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

These kinds of statements from Trump strike me as so bizarre. What does it matter if the crowd broke a record or not? What does that even signal? That a lot of people want to see him and touch the hem of his garment?

The real proof of Trump's leadership will be in the results he's able to show as a leader of government. While he complains about our system--that is governed by our constitution and has evolved the way it has because of what the founding fathers put forth in the constitution, by the way--people will either be helped or not. More people will be covered for health insurance than not. More people will have jobs or not. The economy will improve or not. The environment will either be enriched or not.

The results are where the rubber meets the road. Not crowd sizes, which are simply distractions.
edit on 1-5-2017 by icanteven because: Typos

edit on 1-5-2017 by icanteven because: Another typo - I started ATS too early this morning

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Trump lies because Trump's a liar.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

These kinds of statements from Trump strike me are so bizarre. What does it matter if the crowd broke a record or not? What does that even signal? That a lot of people want to see him and touch the hem of his garment?

The real proof of Trump's leadership will be in the results he's able to show as a leader of government. While he complains about our system--that is governed by our constitution and has evolved the way it has because of what the founding fathers put forth in the constitution, by the way--people will either be helped or not. More people will be covered for health insurance than not. More people will have jobs or not. The economy will improve or not. The environment will either be enriched or not.

The results are where the rubber meets the road. Not crowd sizes, which are simply distractions.

I think you've made some excellent points.

It can't be denied that ever since he entered the campaign, he has been obsessed with his public image and that much of that is tied up in the size of crowds that he draws. He's still complaining about the images showing attendance at his inauguration and this latest statement from him (that the numbers in this 7,000 person arena were bigger than any crowd they'd ever had at an event) is becoming a typical patter that he uses to convince everyone that he's well loved and that the rallies and demonstrations are "just distractions" from the truth that almost everyone in America just loves him.

He even went back to these "crowd size" statements in a number of interviews he's given lately (I read through some of the transcripts - he's fairly incoherent and wants to talk about the 'amazing' things he's done to the point of talking over the reporter and not answering questions.)

As his approval ratings drop, I suspect we may see more of these rallies to try and present a counter-narrative that the polls are wrong and that America supports him... and he'll handwave away the hundreds of thousands of people marching against his policies.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Lol, think what you will.....all politicians do that. Clinton. Just never had the Demand.

If they weren't free online e tickets, then you might have a point. There are assumed to be a certain percent of no shows......just ask the airlines

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Why do people forget they there are people standing shoulder to shoulder in the floor? If you take these people, and put them in the chairs like they were watching a basketball game or hockey game. There would not be a seat left. Just because the seats are empty, doesn't mean they have not reached fire hazard capacity, due to all the ones standing on the floor. Empty seats don't mean much.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Who cares? He has a huge ego, I think everyone knows that. I am more concerned in what he will do. There have been a lot of crazy people that had huge crowds listening to them, doesn't mean much really. Let's see how the country fares in 2 years or so.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

wow...is this what anti-Trump people have to resort to these days? And then they want to claim "President Trump is a narcissist, blah, blah blah"... Amazing...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Actuallly he was being a narcisstist to claim as such.
Like the poster said what's the point?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Here is the thing... the election is over. There are probably millions of people like myself, who voted for Trump as President and didn't know that this speech was happening...

But... Here is another perspective of the rally.

twitter.com...

Some people at the rally also took pictures like this one.

But yeah, keep trying to nickpick anything and everything left-wing media and their stooges keep trying to use.

edit on 2-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment and link.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

If he just shut his pie hole instead of self aggrandizing there would be nothing to this..why does he keep having to tell everyone how awesome he is..just STFU and do your job mr pres.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Lol, think what you will.....all politicians do that. Clinton. Just never had the Demand.

If they weren't free online e tickets, then you might have a point. There are assumed to be a certain percent of no shows......just ask the airlines

Do you have evidence that Clinton did this, or is this just the usual muuhhhh emails deflection?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

wow...is this what anti-Trump people have to resort to these days? And then they want to claim "President Trump is a narcissist, blah, blah blah"... Amazing...

It proves precisely that he's an insecure narcissist. That's the point. I'd rather someone running the country who isn't so sensitive and desperate to be loved constantly. Suck it up Donnie, put the golf clubs down and do something other than spamming EOs.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Except for the fact that President Trump was supposed to be at the "meet the press event", but instead he said he had decided to spend it with the people and not with the progressive paid media.

BTW, last I checked former President Obama also gave speeches to the public after he became President. Only the libtard media is calling this speech "a campaign style rally"... It was just a speech, like the many former President Obama gave...

edit on 2-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add link, and correct comment.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
What the hell ever.

People are whining over cause the nose bleed seats are empty ?

WHO wants to sit in those ?

WHO ?

Uhhh, you have totally missed the point.

Trump claims he threw a packed, record setting rally. Evidence shows otherwise.

Packed/full/record setting means the place should be packed, "nose bleed" seating included. Any sold out event includes filling up those seats, undesirable or not. What I see in the pictures of his rally is a buttload of empty seats, entire sections of the venue, empty. Which directly contradicts the Chump's claims. If he was as loved an as popular as he likes to believe he is, every seat in that house would have been filled. But they weren't because he isn't. Not beyond his rabid little fan base. Hair Furor is not widely liked, and that drives his day glo walnut mad.

I used to work at the Paramount and Moore theaters in Seattle, for a variety of shows and events. Even half popular Broadway musics filled up the place, even the crappy seats.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
well i got tired of searching after 6 pages but has anyone mentioned that since they were standing on the floor of the arena that there is a good chance they had reached the legal limit for that arena? id like to know what the max occupancy is cause theres a good chance they reached it and u dont see anyone in the nose bleeds cause why would u get farther away if u dont have to. still i wasnt there so no way to know.
edit on 2-5-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: neo96
What the hell ever.

People are whining over cause the nose bleed seats are empty ?

WHO wants to sit in those ?

WHO ?

Uhhh, you have totally missed the point.

Trump claims he threw a packed, record setting rally. Evidence shows otherwise.

Packed/full/record setting means the place should be packed, "nose bleed" seating included. Any sold out event includes filling up those seats, undesirable or not. What I see in the pictures of his rally is a buttload of empty seats, entire sections of the venue, empty. Which directly contradicts the Chump's claims. If he was as loved an as popular as he likes to believe he is, every seat in that house would have been filled. But they weren't because he isn't. Not beyond his rabid little fan base. Hair Furor is not widely liked, and that drives his day glo walnut mad.

I used to work at the Paramount and Moore theaters in Seattle, for a variety of shows and events. Even half popular Broadway musics filled up the place, even the crappy seats.

only difference i see is those are designed to be filled standing room included. many times at other concerts in arenas they will pack in the floor and the seats minus everything behind the stage. if this place normally doesnt have people on the actual floor of the arena then theres a good chance they reached max occupancy even without filling the seats. looking online the farm show arena is capable of holding 7,600 people. reading online from other news articles it says they had about 7,000 people. so thats really close to completely full.
full video of the crowd
Video of the line

so take what u see with a grain of salt because they definetly cherry picked that screencap as u can see by the actual video

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

In terms of concerts, yes, but concerts are very different animals from political rallies (usually, at least, or are supposed to be.) For starters, during concerts, people will leave their "seats" to get closer to the act, especially in less formal rock concerts, for things like moshing, drinking, dancing, crowd surfing, ect. As a result, security, crowd movement, how seating is set up and monitored,are far more fluid and less formal, crowds can actually get close to the performers.

This, however, is not a rock concert. This is even more than a Broadway musical or high society opera. This is the standing President of the U.S., the most powerful individual in the world. So the situation is going to be very different. Number 1, unlike a rock concert, you do not have people wandering around without an actual assigned seat, at least, not in any significant numbers. This isn't the security staff for Metallica, this is the freaking secret service directing security. Seating arrangements are going to be more strictly enforced, security and crowd monitoring tighter. So actually getting an idea on crowd numbers in this case is easier.

In this case, we have a standing president giving a public rally. That alone should have packed the place, regardless of who likes him or hates him. I look at every president that I can actively remember from childhood on. The first was Reagan, then Bush Sr, Then Bill Clinton, then Bush Jr, then Obama. In the case of every one of these presidents, I remember that whenever they attended an event, gave a speech, or held a rally, the venue was packed, as in sold out. Even presidents during periods of unpopularity or low approval ratings. People on both sides of the fence would flock to see the president, simply because, he's the freaking president. Most powerful guy in the world. Filling up such a venue has never been a problem, and they usually pack/sell out quickly.

In the case of Donald Trump, however, this is not the case. The only people with any interest in him speaking anymore are his most rabid followers. Even the GOP are pretty much ignoring him now on a number of things. It's telling. Even more so his obsession with being popular. Never seen a president, or for that matter, anyone outside of Hollyweird, so obsessed with public numbers and ratings and the like. A good part of the reason myself, as well as many others, don't take him seriously or even respect him.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join