It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says rally crowd broke records despite empty seats

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Just telling you there's empty seats when he was there.
I'd love to know the attendence though. Just to end this argument.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Welcome to Trumpland, where war = peace, freedom = slavery, and ignorance = strength.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I missed the links in the original post that provides tha actual record attendance at this venue and Trunp's attendance last night.

You know...the basic facts of the matter.

Without the actual facts, this is just more fake news and leftist propaganda.

If the arena was at capacity, it holds 7,000 people

The news article said nearly 7,000 so even this fairly unbiased source admits there are empty seats.

I think that if people had reserved seats but not appeared to pick up tickets that those seats would be given to anyone waiting to enter.
edit on 30-4-2017 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TurduckenMan

Welcome to Trumpland, where war = peace, freedom = slavery, and ignorance = strength.

Blah blah blah. As opposed to the bomb dropping Nobel Peace Prize winner who destroyed 2 countries. Where have you been?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Just telling you there's empty seats when he was there.
I'd love to know the attendence though. Just to end this argument.

6,000 plus... probably 6,500 - 6,800 at a guess. The news article said the venue seats 7,000 people.

I don't know the population of the area, but it's small compared to some of his larger rallies.

Harrisburg was the site of one of the big clashes between supporters and protesters during his campaign. I believe it's the same venue, but can't find estimates of the crowd back then. His claim that this was the largest crowd the facility had ever seen. This might be true.. dunno. It's a petty point, though.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

7,600 to be exact.
pafarmshowcomplex.pa.gov...
I'd love to see the record and the official attendance though.
Maybe someone would call them? I don't want to cause they'll probably think I am crazy and I have to go through an interpreter. LOL
edit on 4/30/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Repeat REMINDER:
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Byrd

7,600 to be exact.
pafarmshowcomplex.pa.gov...
I'd love to see the record and the official attendance though.
Maybe someone would call them? I don't want to cause they'll probably think I am crazy and I have to go through an interpreter. LOL

I've been to the Farm Show, it was a free day from school and a night in a hotel. The arena he spoke in was where the state FFA (Future Farmers of America) gives out awards and I sat there watching their little ceremony that if I remember correctly was quite packed.

Lots of people attend the Farm Show:

wikipedia
The Pennsylvania Farm Show is held every January at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center, located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, just off Exit 67 of Interstate 81. This event, Pennsylvania's state fair, was first held in 1917.[1] It is the largest indoor agricultural event held in the United States. The Farm Show Complex houses 24 acres (97,000 m2) under its roof, spread throughout eleven buildings, including three arenas.[2] The annual event is free to the public and attracts over half a million visitors.[2]

wikipedia
New Holland Arena, 28,000 square feet (2,600 m2) at floor, 7318 seats, completed in 1939 (originally named Large Arena until 2016)[2]

The Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center hosted the Harrisburg Heat of the Major Indoor Soccer League from 1991–2003, and the Harrisburg Hammerheads of the Continental Basketball Association from 1994-1995. In 2009, the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center began hosting the Harrisburg Stampede of the American Indoor Football Association, continuing to do so until 2013 after which the team joined the Professional Indoor Football League and moved to the Giant Center in nearby Hershey. The Central Penn Capitals played at the Expo Center as a member of American Indoor Football in 2016.[4] In 2012, the Harrisburg Heat of the Major Arena Soccer League returned to the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center to play their home games in the Equine Arena.[5] The team returned to the New Holland Arena beginning with its 2014–15 season.[6]

You're talking almost 80 years of history. I don't think there's any way of accurately knowing what kind of crowds the place has seen.

Also, the floor he was speaking from is where animals piss and #.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Also, the floor he was speaking from is where animals piss and #.

Perfect for the Golden Boy. Wait what? What did I do this time?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
HA HA..the fact that this thread exists, proves that our President hit a grand-slam homerun that flew far beyond the speaking arena. Excellente!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So Obama hit a grand-slam as well?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The whole premise of this thread exemplifies what's wrong with the left.

Trump says.....

Trump says.....

Trumps says.....

Their entire lives at this point revolve around picking apart every last thing Trump says. It's an obsession, one funny enough which they didn't have for the last eight years.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Interesting that you've ignored the threads on what Obama said.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete
Nice to know some accurate figures. So... in lieu of other numbers, I think it would be fair to say there were around 7,000 people there.

Smaller than many of the campaign rallies he had.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

There have to be empty seats because so many people are standing.

The fire marshall will not let in more than the capacity, so there has to be empty seats if hundreds are standing.

The media knows that, it was already reported in the past about the maximum capacity, but they point out the empty seats because they know that Trump haters will believe it without question.

It's really amazing the Democrats and media are on the same team.

edit on 1/5/17 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Oviously cause there not falseheoods its true. The liberal elite media is photoshoping his rallies to make it look like fewer people come. And there photoshoping it badly. A 2 year old could photoshop it all better.

This is why the press are a bunch of lousy crims.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
I missed the links in the original post that provides tha actual record attendance at this venue and Trunp's attendance last night.

You know...the basic facts of the matter.

Without the actual facts, this is just more fake news and leftist propaganda.

If the arena was at capacity, it holds 7,000 people

The news article said nearly 7,000 so even this fairly unbiased source admits there are empty seats.

I think that if people had reserved seats but not appeared to pick up tickets that those seats would be given to anyone waiting to enter.

Depends if tickets were sold in advance. If they cost money they are required to hold them in case the person shows up. This may explain the empty seats since a business might for example buy 10 tickets and inform them they are available. if no employees want to go those seats would stay empty.

Id say the real reason though is they are allowing people to stand they cant allow more people in than the building is rated for its against fire codes.
edit on 5/1/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well, now we officially know just how short of a memory span Trump diehards have. It was only a year ago that Trump was busted for paying actors $50 each to attend the announcement of his presidential run.

The wicked witch Hillary lost. Get over it already. She's now irrelevant, and she's not running the show. Trying to divert by blasting her for doing the exact same thing Trump did (paying actors to attend) is laughable, and looks extremely desperate.

Damn it, man. It feels dirty to have to defend that witch. If you're going to call her out, then at least do it with something worthwhile. It's not like there aren't a million VALID reasons to call her out on, but none of it has anything to do with the thread at hand.

a reply to: yousipapu

The same goes for you too.

As for the topic at hand, lies like this (about crowd sizes) don't even phase me. I was far more concerned with his complete 180 regarding unemployment.

While campaigning the guesses he made were absurd (like claiming over 40%), but he at least seemed to understood that the unemployment figures have been misleading for almost two decades now; however, as soon as he got his first unemployment report he claims, "They may have been phony in the past, but it's very real now.”. Complete and utter bull*snip*. There was no change at all to the way those misleading figures are tallied, but falsely low unemployment figures are one of those things that benefit members of both crooked political parties, so don't expect anyone in D.C. to fix the issue any time soon.
edit on 5/1/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
In response to the question "who cares" - Donnie does. He's utterly obsessed with attendance numbers, approval ratings and polls. From day one since his lies about the inauguration attendance it's all he's done. Constantly whining and inflating his numbers.

So once he stops obsessing over how many of his fanclub turn up to yet another campaign rally, we'll stop discussing it. You'd think he would have something better to do than attend small rallies to boost his ego between rounds of golf.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
So nobody here and the nowhere in the article states how many people attended and what the record(s) were that were allegedly broken.

Just your average bash Trump article and ATS typicals.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join