It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says rally crowd broke records despite empty seats

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I watched on tv. Some European news channel was covering it live. No US channels that I could find.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

After he is done wrecking this nation the best we can hope for is at best a depression.

Where already in a depression. America still hasn't recovered from 2008 crash.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Can you really say Trump's lies are worse than "Saddam WMD" that started a fake war and killed thousands and thousands of innocent lives?

I can promise you nobody got hurt over him over exaggerating his crowd size.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's only been little over 3 months so it's too early to tell.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Exactly. So until his lies actually cause something, this is all just pointless outrage.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I would love to know the official attendence vs. record high attendence though.
That will really shut both sides up.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Can you really say Trump's lies are worse than "Saddam WMD" that started a fake war and killed thousands and thousands of innocent lives?

I can promise you nobody got hurt over him over exaggerating his crowd size.

Of course not. Iraq was a mistake for which we will suffer the consequences for perhaps decades to come.
But looking back, it must have been a strategic political and military tactic, to reach some imagined gain.

With Trump it's a different animal. Lying is characteristic of him. And I agree that while exaggerating crowd size is trivial in comparison, and mostly done for the purpose of self aggrandizement (If not to deflect away from his own political pitfalls) it still says quite a bit about who he is as a person. More to the point, it indicates a person who is not emotionally stable enough to run a government.

Last night was the Correspondence Dinner for journalists, hosted by the WH. Today his folks are "considering" doing away with this tradition dinner, which has always been a type of 'roast' of the President. Why? He's like a fragile piece of china. He can't take the criticism. Do you not find that pathetic for the POTUS?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

Exactly. So until his lies actually cause something, this is all just pointless outrage.

Who is outraged? I don't see anybody on this thread who is "outraged", except perhaps, you.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I love the ATS tabloid.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Hey now, that's not nice, and that is a "lie" and you know it

Maybe outrage is the wrong word, but what else do you call non stop nit picking of insignificant lies?
edit on 30-4-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

About the dinner, I wouldn't go either, and I'm hardly thinned skinned. Getting roasted by people who actually respect you compared to people that don't is 2 different dynamics.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Hey now, that's not nice, and that is a "lie" and you know it

Maybe outrage is the wrong word, but what else do you call non stop nit picking of insignificant lies?

Knowledgehunter, I have been trying to explain to you since my first post, that my issue is not about this one singular little fib (which do you at least admit makes him look petty and ridiculous? best to have not said anything) but rather the consistent accumulation of lies and outright hypocrisy that he demonstrates repeatedly, and people's willingness to overlook them day after day?

When someone does that something is wrong with them!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

About the dinner, I wouldn't go either, and I'm hardly thinned skinned. Getting roasted by people who actually respect you compared to people that don't is 2 different dynamics.

I agree, but he signed up for it. He needs to be a big boy now. (But to be honest I thought it was funny that he didn't go, but I don't find it funny in the least that he wants to do away it simply because he's so fragile.) He is the snowflake-in-chief, and that's a hit on the 1st to even entertain it.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Are you an American, born and bred? You sure don't talk like one.

Maybe he is an undocumented immigrant......then you will champion him.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Trump sat through one when he wasn't President and even then Current President Obama was mocking him. That was he night the Democrats lost the Presidential Election. You could see Trump seething with resolve there. No need for him to go through it again, he had the ultimate last laugh on Obama and the whole White House Press.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Sure it's petty and I've already denounced it a few pages ago, but who cares? Nobody is perfect, especially Trump, and in my opinion, worrying too much about it is a waste of time because what can we do about it? What do you recommend we do? Complaining about it won't help that's for sure.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Are the news reporters, or the people who repeat it just for their team crazier?
Look at the picture from the event.

It's like a literal ghost town.

-not

Can we stop with the emotional fake news already.

Isn't that pic like 4hrs before the start, like all the other pics saying he lied about attendance?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Oh yeah! I can totally believe it's the pic 1 minute before the other one. lol.

Nice try.

lololol!!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: yousipapu
All this carrying on especially after Trumps challenger got busted paying people to attend hers.

animetvtime.com....

The election has been over with for a while now come back to present day and make up an excuse as to why your boy is lying.

I'm 57. Been alive for eleven presidents and as far as I can recall, they all have lied. None of them ever had a valid excuse, why are you holding Trump to a different standard? I'd rather he lied about the size of a crowd than telling a lie, say, getting a bj in the oval office from a 21 year old intern or Iraq having WMDs or selling arms in the Iran contra affair. I could go on.

I am holding no one to a different standard. I never said no one else was lying only that Trumps supporters seem to have a real problem when others point out when Trump is lying. In truth you people want Trump to be held at a different standard and that standard is blameless for everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join