It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says rally crowd broke records despite empty seats

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Trump Daily Approval Ratings - Gallup

Disapprove 53%, Approve 42% ... about the same as the way people voted in the election (55% against Trump, 45% for Trump).

Cue attempts to denigrate scientific polling in 3, 2, 1 ...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Four pages of people bickering about the size of an audience?

Jesus, people, have you nothing better to spend your idle time on?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: olaru12

Having been to Trump rally days before the election.....people just keep coming in. Take a look at these photos of event and the lines. It takes awhile to get through the lines just to get in.

Harrisburg rally photos

Your linked Heavy article shows nosebleed seats full an hour ahead of the show.
Interesting.

In the age of the internet and journalism fakery.. "seeing is believing" is not valid anymore. You told what to think and shown a legit pic to reinforce HOW they want you to think. Unfortunately you have to consider ALL of your sources now.. and realize theyre all full of poo and spin like a top.

Oh, I know.
I live an hour from Harrisburg and know people that went to the Farm Show Arena for the event. They said it was packed.

I have a friend who lives in Enola and went. He also said it was packed.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Because he loves triggering nit-pickers.

These types of threads are so counterproductive considering ALL the other issues we face currently.

One side is hanging on every word and action to encapsulate an entire administration that's only five months old.

You do realize this our president and administration for the next 4 to 8 YEARS!!!??

President Trump isn't going anywhere. The sooner you accept that the more time you'll have to spend with family and friends.

edit on E30America/ChicagoSun, 30 Apr 2017 18:22:16 -05004pmSundayth06pm by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

That is if he doesn't get impeached. *winks*

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It's NOT OKAY to be a liar and a hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

That is if he doesn't get impeached. *winks*

Bill Clinton wasn't impeached, nor Baby Bush or Obama. ALL who had clearly committed crimes against the state (personal or otherwise..) and the world in general.

This two party system (system being an ancient Roman word for "sewage" no less..) needs to go bye bye...

We !ALL! should look towards 2020 as the election of the first "Third party" candidate.

And yes....we can do waaaaaayyyy better than Jill Stein all day....

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
It's NOT OKAY to be a liar and a hypocrite.

Why because your mommy and daddy said so?

Think beyond the trivial!!!

Let's see our leaders in this two party system for what they are!

Clearly they merely give us bread and circus to placate us...Let's work TOGETHER to install a third party candidate in 2020!

Honestly, you wanna spend the next FOUR YEARS going back and forth with this!!!???

edit on E30America/ChicagoSun, 30 Apr 2017 18:41:41 -05004pmSundayth06pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

What concerns me is the seeming willingness to let the values we've previously had, go. To permit the constant hypocrisy and both white and big lies go with unethical rationalizations. It's not just another baby step toward Idiocracy, it's a giant leap. If this becomes the new normal, then surely we are dancing on the slippery slope.

Growing tomato plants this year? Be sure and water them with Gator Aid!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

These types of threads are so counterproductive considering ALL the other issues we face currently.

You better get used to it. Trump steps in so much **** it can't be avoided. That's usually the case with liars and hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The sad part is the long-term implications are so much more serious than simply this one man.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I think I can speak for most when I say that we aren't advocating for his lies or even defending him. But what are we supposed to do? We are not going to impeach him for his lies, because every other president would've been impeached as well. It's just a pointless thing to do to, nit picking about these types of things because they barely matter in the grand scheme of things and barely affect our lives. Why stress yourself over something you have no control over? Once you accept this is just how it is and how it's going to be, it will be a lot easier on you.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Are you an American, born and bred? You sure don't talk like one.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

How does an American, born and bred sound like?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: pavil

Having been to Trump rally days before the election.....people just keep coming in. Take a look at these photos of event and the lines. It takes awhile to get through the lines just to get in.

Harrisburg rally photos

Your linked Heavy article shows nosebleed seats full an hour ahead of the show.
Interesting.

In the age of the internet and journalism fakery.. "seeing is believing" is not valid anymore. You told what to think and shown a legit pic to reinforce HOW they want you to think. Unfortunately you have to consider ALL of your sources now.. and realize theyre all full of poo and spin like a top.

Oh, I know.
I live an hour from Harrisburg and know people that went to the Farm Show Arena for the event. They said it was packed.

I have a friend who lives in Enola and went. He also said it was packed.

What impresses me is the number of HOURS people wait in line outside these venues to see Candidate and President Trump! Just wow!!

(If the line at the amusement park is longer than 15 minutes, I leave! LOL)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Are you an American, born and bred? You sure don't talk like one.

Talk like one....

Is that your passive aggressive response to limiting free speech????

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

We all tried to tell everyone. Some of us have been watching him grow up for over 50 years....no one listened.

We tried to explain his actions over the last 1/2 century...but the populace wouldnt listen to what we watched him do and not do...even start to finish with the 1st and second marriages, bankruptcies etc...

And now...he's backtracking on everything. Truth told...he's always been like this

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Was this your passive aggressive approach to limiting free speech?

Perhaps a review of this might help.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: angeldoll

I think I can speak for most when I say that we aren't advocating for his lies or even defending him. But what are we supposed to do? We are not going to impeach him for his lies, because every other president would've been impeached as well. It's just a pointless thing to do to, nit picking about these types of things because they barely matter in the grand scheme of things and barely affect our lives. Why stress yourself over something you have no control over? Once you accept this is just how it is and how it's going to be, it will be a lot easier on you.

Thanks for your advice, but I don't find this issue emotional- which somehow needs to be managed as per your advice- as much as I do an intellectual one. We should not accept this idiocy to the degree that it has become because "everyone else does it". That is something we learn as a child. But in the case as far as 'everyone else does it-
No, not to this degree, they have not. They certainly have not.

We've had our "I did not have sex with that woman" and our "Saddam Hussein has WMD's". But nothing to the degree we see here. Clearly, it is pathological. It's consistent. It's daily.

It concerns me that people are so accepting of it. It's the new normal. It's to be expected. Well, no, it's not. It's not acceptable. Who are we becoming as a people? He is clearly going after the first Amendment, and people seem okay with that. He's undermining who we are as a people, and trying to reshape the way we live to suit his own needs. If his tax cuts get approval, he will have saved himself millions of dollars annually, as well as his adult children, yet he goes on TV saying he will have to pay more under the new plan. That's nothing but a self-serving lie.

And everybody says "it's okay", and looks the other way. Is our culture to change from striving to be ethical and maintain the values we've always at least tried to adhere to, or shall we go over to that place where we don't care anymore? Where we accept inferior values (or none) from inferior minds?

I think this whole "100 Days" thing is asinine. It was started because of a momentum that began long ago, and no longer serves a purpose. National politics is extremely complicated, and for Trump it's 'on the job training' as he reminds us every day. He's learning. However, the core beliefs, the personality flaws, we Cannot change, but neither should we accept them. He has the country pointed in a very bad direction.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join