It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Bans 'Extreme' Islamic Baby Names Including Jihad, Islam, and Mohammed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
China did nothing wrong. Many countries ban certain names from being given to children. It'd be no different than if you found out you weren't allowed to name your baby "Catholicism" or "Flyingspaghettimonster".

Does anyone really think it would be a good idea for parents to name a child "Jihad"?
Would you defend parents who try to name their child "Holocaust"?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

China did nothing wrong.

Yes they did.

Free speech doesn't exist, and the topic is the last example.

That kind of snip happens regularly in a communist regime.

It's all about suppression for the common 'good'.

In other words authoritarianism.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

China did nothing wrong.

Yes they did.

Free speech doesn't exist, and the topic is the last example.

That kind of snip happens regularly in a communist regime.

It's all about suppression for the common 'good'.

In other words authoritarianism.

Ok, then answer my question:
Do you think it would be ok for parents to name a child "Holocaust", or do you think that should not be allowed?
It's a simple question. You have an opportunity to stand behind your words.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It's the parents business to name their kids what they want.

The state should not interfere that process.
edit on 30-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
www.momjunction.com...

Banned baby names from various countries. Sort of, mostly naming rules.
Most are common sense, but some parents might not have that....

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So , is the mark of the beast what you get for NOT naming your child after terrorist icons?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

So , is the mark of the beast what you get for NOT naming your child after terrorist icons?

No, it is the requirement in order to buy, sell or receive services. No mark, no job, no money, etc.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
It's an abdication of rights in the short term.

But you know that in the long term, it will make for a more peaceful, unified society and less internal conflict.

It's kind of a long term investment. Europe will be stuck with tons of people that have a different culture and hate them. There'll be countries within their own countries. China won't have that problem.

China won't allow countries inside it's country with many decrepit and obsolete methods. Not allowing children to have religious names is hardly one of them.

I get a good chuckle when China does things that they pat themselves on the back for as being intelligent. China wouldn't know intelligence if they somehow had it's embodiment right in front of them to counterfeit. It goes right over their head LMAO.

Good job China. You came up with an idea all on your own lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Banning the name does not ban the idea behind the word.

Your right, it doesn't ban the ideology.
But it gives the poor kid with retards for parents a fighting chance to survive in this fine civilized world we live in.

At this point we might as well give them numbers until they are old enough to decide what name they want.

Transjesuspolesmokercaitlincrotchfunk is not a great name on a passport application.
edit on 4302017 by Natas0114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

You mean I cant go to Saudia Arabia and call my baby Mohumed Pig shagger?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: lambs to lions

What disease is that?

Islam.

A disease affects humans, spreads unless properly defended against, and can cause widespread damage.

Ergo, Islam = Disease.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I am always amazed at radical islams ability to get me, an avowed Texas conservative, to sympathize with communist hellholes like china.

Anyhow, naming in most societies requires decorum for societal harmony...
If u choose to strike a flat or sharp note then the orchestra suffers so matters are handled locally thru any number of avenues.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

-Chris

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I applaud China for taking the guts to stop stupid people from using their babies as targeting tools for stupid name in the name of radical religions

Bravo China.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
In my country there are plenty of names you can't use like Satan, King. , Queen, Jesus, messiah, Justice, Royal, Lucifer. Commodore, just to name a few.

Oh oh, don't forget 4real - somebody actually tried to use it. When told no, they went for a much more modest Superman instead

A couple has got over the disappointment of having their choice of 4Real as the name for their baby son turned down by calling him Superman instead.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And based on that, I cannot see why names that are not considered culturally acceptable would be banned. I mean, how many people would be offended if someone named their baby AntiChrist for instance?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Some people need help with naming their children.
I just talked to a guy named Remington Brandt.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
A great example of China's tolerance for just about any real freedoms. So, if you name your baby something on their no-no list, your kid is cut off from Healthcare and Education.

Now that is some leverage and a good example of what we will see with "the mark of the beast" to come.

www.rfa.org...

Chinese authorities in the northwestern region of Xinjiang have banned dozens of baby names with religious meanings that are widely used by Muslims elsewhere in the world, RFA has learned.

Islam, Quran, Mecca, Jihad, Imam, Saddam, Hajj, and Medina are among dozens of baby names banned under ruling Chinese Communist Party's "Naming Rules For Ethnic Minorities," an official confirmed on Thursday.

An employee who answered the phone at a police station in the regional capital Urumqi confirmed that "overly religious" names are banned, and that any babies registered with such names would be barred from the "hukou" household registration system that gives access to health care and education.

Not a very smart move on their part... If a day came to round up the Muslims and put them in a Chinese type fema camp or harvest their organs (something China is continuing to do) it would be easier to just go by names... similar to gun registration in the states.. You know the who is who without much effort ...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I think its a good thing actually and it should apply globally. Reason why is I believe they do this on purpose so names to do with the religion will always be said and heard... it's similar to brainwashing techniques but also if you keep saying these names, it's like you agree with it or something... they will forever be in your mind if you saw 10 people per day named Mohammed, Jihadm Islam etc etc... you'll be forever saying it.

Any of you understand my point?

Another way to see it is in sports these days... if you watch football, you'll hear Mohammed or Islam quite a few times, so its like going out to however any people are watching.
edit on CDTSun, 30 Apr 2017 18:08:36 -05000000003006x136x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Yes we get some good names here. Like a kid at my dad's old work called Electricity cos the day he was born his parents finally got electricity connected to their house. At my daughter's school there are some good or bad ones like Anzac, Auckland, Leasion, Loyahl, Fistin, Believer, and maybe 3 girls called Blessing and a few called Precious . I also went to school with a boy named Wayne Kerr and a Jo Kerr.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This couple in New Jersey had their three children taken into custody for naming them Adolph Hitler, Aryan Nation, and Eva Braun.

www.foxnews.com...

Last I heard they were still in court trying to get them back. I think if it went to the Supreme Court, they would get them back.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The reality of naming children with socially unacceptable names in any given culture is that a child can not make a decision about their birth name, many people actually will change their name later on when they are able to do so.

Others are stuck with their birth name for life, like a identifiable birth mark.

In the US alone about 17 thousand people change their birth name every year.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join