It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Bans 'Extreme' Islamic Baby Names Including Jihad, Islam, and Mohammed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A great example of China's tolerance for just about any real freedoms. So, if you name your baby something on their no-no list, your kid is cut off from Healthcare and Education.

Now that is some leverage and a good example of what we will see with "the mark of the beast" to come.

www.rfa.org...

Chinese authorities in the northwestern region of Xinjiang have banned dozens of baby names with religious meanings that are widely used by Muslims elsewhere in the world, RFA has learned.

Islam, Quran, Mecca, Jihad, Imam, Saddam, Hajj, and Medina are among dozens of baby names banned under ruling Chinese Communist Party's "Naming Rules For Ethnic Minorities," an official confirmed on Thursday.

An employee who answered the phone at a police station in the regional capital Urumqi confirmed that "overly religious" names are banned, and that any babies registered with such names would be barred from the "hukou" household registration system that gives access to health care and education.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
In my country there are plenty of names you can't use like Satan, King. , Queen, Jesus, messiah, Justice, Royal, Lucifer. Commodore, just to name a few.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It's an abdication of rights in the short term.

But you know that in the long term, it will make for a more peaceful, unified society and less internal conflict.

It's kind of a long term investment. Europe will be stuck with tons of people that have a different culture and hate them. There'll be countries within their own countries. China won't have that problem.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Where was your outrage when Saudi Arabia did it as well?

Saudi Arabia bans 50 ‘blasphemous’ and ‘inappropriate’ children’s names

The list of names contradicting the Kingdom’s ‘religious and cultural norms’ includes several foreign names

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And of course SA is head of the UN human rights council.
edit on 30-4-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Good. I'm glad China has the guts to act in the best interests of their nation and humanity on this. Islam is a cancer. Not radical Islam, just plain old Islam. It spreads like a disease due to the politically correct cowards who wilt under pressure. If the run of the mill Muslim were the only variety then that would be great, but that isn't the case. If only a percent of Muslims were ignorant extremists, that would still be acceptable. If the overwhelming majority of muslims shunned extremists as insane, that would be acceptable. People need to wake up. Many of these uneducated, backwards, hateful, scared, miserable people hate you. The same people you fight to defend are glad you are so accepting, it enables them to thrive. The Muslim next door in America, is not a representation of the thousands of muslims worldwide killing anything that threatens their represssed sexuality, their inferiority complex, or their fear of women and any ideology that threatens their safe-place.
edit on 30-4-2017 by lambs to lions because: Soelling

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So no more Mohammed Wangs?

link   

Chinese authorities in the northwestern region of Xinjiang have banned dozens of baby names with religious meanings that are widely used by Muslims elsewhere in the world, RFA has learned.

That reminds me of communists here in the states that run around trying to get rid of words they don't like.

Although I don't understand why someone would name their kids after cities or books, and hanged leaders.

The teasing they'd get on the playground.

link   
a reply to: infolurker

I suppose "mark of the beast" is one way to look at it.

Not sure I'd go quite that far, but OK...

Outlawed names...seems somehow silly to think that it'll actually accomplish anything at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedDragon
It's an abdication of rights in the short term.

But you know that in the long term, it will make for a more peaceful, unified society and less internal conflict.

It's kind of a long term investment. Europe will be stuck with tons of people that have a different culture and hate them. There'll be countries within their own countries. China won't have that problem.

Yep. A certain ideology that I am convinced is a death cult is not compatible with advanced or advancing societies on any level. Anything that can be done legally to minimize the influence and impact of that ideology should be brought to bear.

I applaud the Chinese for using their brains instead of bowing to the national and cultural suicide of political correctness.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I suppose "mark of the beast" is one way to look at it.

'Come here 666'

'666 your date is here'.

'666 tell grandma and grandpa good nite'.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
China is a tolatarian country that’s nothing new.

Look at France Le Pen wants to ban kosher meat and halal

Le Pen Promotes Holocaust Denier and Plans to Ban Kosher Butchers and Yarmulkes

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself.
-Juliet, "Romeo And Juliet"

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
China is a tolatarian country that’s nothing new.

Look at France Le Pen wants to ban kosher meat and halal

Le Pen Promotes Holocaust Denier and Plans to Ban Kosher Butchers and Yarmulkes

Good. Leaders need to do anything to begin bring a defense against the spread of this disease into the light. Baby steps, but normalizing a resistance to this hyper spread of Islam must begin somewhere. Fighting the inacceptance of others that Islam espouses with an inacceptance of Islam may seem hypocritical. But, fight fire with Fire.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Banning the name does not ban the idea behind the word.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wisdom.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say it does quite the opposite. It only makes the idea stronger.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

Is Tibet on the blacklist as well? If I had a child to a Chinese woman I'd call it 'Chairman Sun Tzu Mao Shining light' to avoid suspicion.

But on the other hand I do agree to a certain extent, I'd ban anyone from naming their child Kahleesi-we get it you like game of thrones, and the next person who names their daughter Elsa should get fifteen lashes and just let it go.

My names Come from German, Hebrew and Gaelic heritage so by China's standards I doubt I would be not be welcome in France, Palestine or Northern Ireland-but i guess that's China for you.

A name's a name.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Agree. Am against the ritual slaughter of animals.

I would vote for that.

a reply to: lambs to lions

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well at least they wont ban naming a baby "Punches Babies".

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

What disease is that?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join