It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would E.T. Just Set Off On A Journey And Hope To Find Life ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I was actually thinking about this the other day. Lets say that an advanced alien civilization that was capable of using some kind of teleportation or worm hole travel to instantly go to any planet they wanted set out to map the universe and look for intelligent life, it would take an astronomical. If they teleported around to each plant or outside the atmosphere and stayed there for 1 second, there may not be enough time to have mapped every planet. If the universe started with the big bang and has been around roughly 13 billion years, there are more planets than seconds elapsed. Even if you could time travel, do all the searching and then jump back in time to live in the current year you left, you still have explore one plant, then the next, then the next, and so on. To the observer it would still be a very long perceived time.

I think the more feasible way of mapping the universe and searching for life is with remote viewing. An alien civilization may have mastered it with an almost 100 percent accuracy. If you have millions of et's remote viewing different galaxies and plants it could be possible to search a larger portion of the universe. If they got a hit on life on a planet, they could travel there with a worm hole or something in a short period of time and check it out further.

The logistics of traveling from planet to planet searching for intelligent life is difficult. Even when you were at the planet, it still wouldn't be obvious if the culture was primitive like the stone age people. There would be no radio waves, or lights you could see from space, or roads and infrastructure. Plant life would be obvious but you would still have to search around a bit for the humans. In the Milky way, there is an estimated 100 billion planets in the habitable zone. If you were to search each one for just 1 day, it would take 273,972,602.7 years.

Even if you had 10,000 remote viewers each targeting 10 planets a day, not to mention we have to find all of those first, it would take 1,000,000 days to target all of those planets. That makes me believe that there is some kind of other way that they know how to find life and I have no idea what that is.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The first rudimentary aircraft was developed by humans only about 114 years ago, and now we have spaceships and stealth bombers.
114 years. Imagine a civilization that's been around for millions of years. It's completely pointless to speculate on this topic because for all we know there are aliens so advanced they can simply think objects into existence or teleport across the universe. Maybe they can even leave the physical universe altogether and manipulate the entire thing like a programmer modifying code.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Exactly. Even humans aren't sane & rational, yet we expect aliens to be.

It'd be funny if they had micro sized ant-like bodies, viewed the insects of our world as "life as they know it", and ignored us & other mammals as if we were lumbering giants. They could even have religious views that make them prejudiced against mammals, similar to how some people associate snakes with Satan.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: schuyler

And like someone else here alluded to, the "vast distances of oceanic travel" didn't seem to keep our species from inhabiting the entire earth

And when we did what did we do ? We landed and let ourselves be known to the native inhabitants.

So tell me, when did E.T. let us know they had arrived ? Or did they just come for a " joy ride " ?

At the time there were no native inhabitants. There was a first time and that was what I was alluding to. Vast oceans did not stop us from exploring every region on Earth without knowing what we were going to find. I contrasted that with the "vast distances of interstellar space" being the same sort of thing. That was the point of my observation.

In any event, why do you assume that ET would be like us and inform the native inhabitants of their presence? You keep making these vast assumptions about possibilities and intentions, none of which do you know for certain are true. Your questions don't make a lot of sense to me:

"So tell me, when did ET let us know they arrived?" Are you sure they are here? Why do they have to tell us?

"Or did they come for a 'joy ride'" When Lewis & Clark traversed the country to the Pacific Ocean, were they on a "joy ride."?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Therefore if they have found us, then by what means ?

the process is based on the "Spooky Action at a Distance" AKA: " Quantum Entanglement"

the advanced ET's... would have accomplished the technical prowess to manipulate matter in the Quantum Reality to create a far distant eyeball/streaming-camera-device... to chart a 10 light-year section of some plotted region in Space

If nothing looked promising, like a 'habital zone' planet(s), in the system of a desirable Sun was not obvious, then the sensor platform, or eye-in-Space would just be turned off & left to drift among the Stars.

If however a 'habital zone' planet with a steady Sun were likely in some direction/distance from the 'Quantum Entanglement' sensory-device created by the scientists on Earth and having a instantaneous presence at some 50 to 1000 light years...
(with NO time lags for communication speed-of-light limitations)...hey that's what the Theoretical 'Quantum Entanglement' involves

I think I've put out enough info that You can fill-in-the-rest...
See, no need to find wormholes for spacefaring humans or ET's to travel inside of anymore

In Fact, some of those elusive UFO we see, might just be one of those 'Quantum Entanglement' devices from another Galaxy, maybe operated instantaneously from their homeworld some unknown light-years distant

edit on th30149358556730522017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If astronomers can tell the atmospheric composition of a planet with our current technology. I imagine that a type 2 and beyond civilization would have no problem detecting a habitable world. That's only assuming that the race breathes oxygen though. They might have a completely different biological make up then us.

Perhaps the distances that seem vast with our current rocket based technology are just a hop skip and a jump for extraterrestrials who could be using something like artificial wormholes, warp drive, or space bending tech.

Maybe coming from their world to ours is the equivalent of driving from Miami to New York for them.
It's do able to drive from Miami to New York but you wouldn't want to do it all the time.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
The first rudimentary aircraft was developed by humans only about 114 years ago, and now we have spaceships and stealth bombers.
114 years. Imagine a civilization that's been around for millions of years. It's completely pointless to speculate on this topic because for all we know there are aliens so advanced they can simply think objects into existence or teleport across the universe. Maybe they can even leave the physical universe altogether and manipulate the entire thing like a programmer modifying code.

It would be bad news if we encountered a race that was say maybe just a thousand years more advanced then us they are new to interstellar travel but they are also kind of jerks like we can be.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

BINGO!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
After several experiences of witnessing UFO's i have no doubt that The Earth is possibly being visited.

However, due to the vastness of our home galaxy, let alone The Universe, i have asked myself the question, how do they know we are here ?
After all we have zero evidence about if and how they have found us.

I can't imagine for one minute that E.T. would just set off from home and hope they would find life elsewhere. The chance of just " coming across Earth " the odds must be astronomical. Some people say they have picked up our radio signals, but how far have those signals travelled ? Not far enough i would imagine.

Interlocking universes with some access to each other ? I don't think so, as again they have to find us.

Time travel ? I think not.

Therefore if they have found us, then by what means ?

I think they have very advanced listening devices and vastly superior devices for long range detection of signals, maybe even ones that use ways unknown to us to get around the problem of linear detection times. Then triangulate or use some other math to determine the point of origin. I have seen craft and creatures that aren't human so I know for a fact that creatures from other places have found earth. A few of my relatives have seen huge craft traveling very fast and strange in Yakima Washington on or near the reservation there as well.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Thinking in terms of time, as well as the idea of the goldilox belt in our own solar system.. I'm betting that in the early days of our Galaxy, the first likelihood of life being able to form must have been more than a few billion years ago..

If a planet back then had life that was able to form civilisations that moved on and explored other planets back then, it would have had a very very long time to explore our galaxy.. Also, it wouldn't have any reason to look closely at the stars near the galaxy center, and it may be too much effort trying to look around on the outskirts either..

It's very possible that a civilisation of sentient life forms has been farming multiple thousands/millions of different planets that harbour life in our galaxy almost since the beginning in terms of the galaxy's age.. Their civilisation may even be slowly moving inward from the outside as our galaxy's own goldilox belt moves inward.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Because of the distances they would be looking into the past.

There is no guarantee that life would still exist on any planet they may have observed. The same for us.

A quick google search picked up this from wiki
"How long has life existed on Earth? The oldest known fossils are approximately 3.5 billion years old, but some scientists have discovered chemical evidence suggesting that life may have begun even earlier, nearly 4 billion years ago."

So potentially they could pick up signs of life on earth from 3.5 billion light years away

Do the maths and even if only a tiny fraction of a percentage of planets in that range had intelligent life capable of building advanced telescopes we could be an obvious choice for an expedition for a great many races.

Then consider that we already have the maths and the theory's to build warp drives, just not the know how or technology (at least to public knowledge). It is not inconceivable that a civilisation that is maybe only a few hundred, maybe thousands of years technologically advanced by comparison to us may have the means to travel those distances in shorter times than it took Columbus to cross the sea and "discover" America.

It is absolutely not unreasonable to suggest that we may have been visited at some point by one or more different space fairing races... though It would be nice if they could stop and pose for a nice clear picture once in a while

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You are absolutely correct. The maths does not add up. Even if our galaxy had a million civilised planets and we could travel between solar systems in 1 day and explore a whole solar system in 1 day and we travel every day for whole lifetime (no rest!!!!) the odds are still less than 50:50 of finding ONE civilisation.

No chance! The only way anybody anywhere in this universe can travel and meet is if they already know where the civilised neighbours are BEFORE they set off.

Radio signals! Please don't make me laugh.

The only way is for some faster than light detection system and that opens up a real can of worms......

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
You are absolutely correct. The maths does not add up. Even if our galaxy had a million civilised planets and we could travel between solar systems in 1 day and explore a whole solar system in 1 day and we travel every day for whole lifetime (no rest!!!!) the odds are still less than 50:50 of finding ONE civilisation.

No chance! The only way anybody anywhere in this universe can travel and meet is if they already know where the civilised neighbours are BEFORE they set off.

Radio signals! Please don't make me laugh.

The only way is for some faster than light detection system and that opens up a real can of worms......

An advanced system of lensing could zoom right in and record radio signals right at the source. Of course it is speculation, but not unwarranted to speculate about. And it does tie in with faster than light mechanics.
edit on 30-4-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

What if they used probes that utilized some type of quantum entanglement to communicate back to the homeworld?

Perhaps these probes could be self replicating and spread out in all directions once they reach a planet that has life it signals instantly back to the home world using quantum entanglement communication.

Perhaps these probes could be advanced enough that they could create wormholes on the spot that would be Linked to their home world.

So whatever race can chill in their local system the probes do all the work once a world is detected it signals home world
and they open a direct wormhole to the location.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: xenon129

E.T can't interfere with a growing civilization that hasn't left their solar system yet. One of the andromedan councils biggest laws.
edit on 1-5-2017 by cassanovaondabeat because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-5-2017 by cassanovaondabeat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I like the self replicating idea. I can even imagine some "probes" actually being 3D printing stations which simply print additional types of probes. Mixed with nanotechnology, their printed probes may be no larger than a coin. And at that size, they'd only need to find small deposits of the correct minerals to have their building supplies.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Bracewell probes. If you have time, you might enjoy this podcast - Superior Galactic Communities. It's a really interesting chat about the possibilities of alien probes and Paul Carr (host) is a NASA engineer.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The how of it is up to debate. We can't do it, but maybe LGM can...?

The why of it is easy-peasy...because they want to. The exact same thought process brought my ancestors across the Atlantic from about 1690'ish through 1810'ish...with some later additions.

Because they wanted to, they could, and they were looking for something. Same with the LGM's wandering the Universe.

"What's beyond that horizon?" is a powerful, powerful question.

Have they? I'd bet that someone(s) have, are, and will be.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We are at or very near the center of the universe so it kind of makes sense that they would want to see whats at the center. I can't even begin to imagine the disillusionment that would overtake them after finding earth. After they return to their homeworld, minds stricken by madness from witnessing Honey Boo Boo, their horrified faces would probably cause legends of fear and peril at the center of the universe.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join