It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump accused of explointing Chinese wokers with pay below minimum wage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Under current laws in place everyone exploits Chinese workers. Why should Ivanka Trump be the exception when everyone else does it?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Garbage In Garbage Out. If we the voters don't demand better things than lying and wars. But for now, its all on the GOP.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This whole exploitation of 3rd world workers was started by Nixon. He recognized the PRC and ditched the ROC. In the 1980s American corporations began to set up shops in China to manufacture there and pay ridiculously low salaries.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Ivanka Trump accused of exploiting Chinese workers with pay below minimum wage

Right people!

How dare Ivanka use Chinese labor.

Everyone knows she should use Mexican slave labor.

Actually, shouldn't she be following Daddy's MAGA standard and bringing her manufacturing back to America? Wasn't that a huge selling point of his campaign? I'm just not sure I understand how she's continuing to manufacture her stuff in China instead of oohhhhh, you know, hiring American workers to make her clothing line? Creating some jobs? The double standard is hard for me to understand and even more disconcerting that people are defending it in light of Trump's own declarations of creating more jobs in the US.

His own industries and his daughters aren't even following the Made in the USA standard. I don't feel it's right at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Laws have not been changed. So there is no change to action until and unless laws are changed. Otherwise there would be unfair competition because right now everyone exploits 3rd world cheap labor.

You can thank Nixon that criminal for recognizing the PRC and ditching the ROC which exploits 3rd world cheap labor.
edit on 30-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Leaders lead, followers follow.

Seems odd I would have to tell you that.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Under current laws in place everyone exploits Chinese workers. Why should Ivanka Trump be the exception when everyone else does it?

So I guess bringing industry back, creating jobs in the US and making America Great Again is total BS to the Trump family after all.

Ever heard of lead by example?

edit on 30-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If Congress enacts import tariff on imports from 3rd world countries then yeah jobs will return to America. Otherwise no.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I can't see congress telling the people who write those big fat campaign checks to greatly increase operating costs by actually having to pay people a fair wage to make their crap.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

There are plenty of low salary people in the US. Immigrants from Mexico who do not have American citizenship for example. Be kind. Give these people jobs sewing clothes.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Illegals in the US are still way-way more than they pay to have underwear sewn in Vietnam. It isn't about pay low wages, it is about paying no wages, they haven't figured out how to do that...yet.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

How many of those other people currently occupy the White House?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

If Congress enacts import tariff on imports from 3rd world countries then yeah jobs will return to America. Otherwise no.

No it won't it will just cause prices to go up.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

According to report, workers in China working to make clothing for Ivanka Trump's clothing line are paid only 62 dollars a week. That below the minimum wage in China and violates international labor laws. Personally, I think it's cruel to pay 62 dollars a week. But it's not like anyone forced them to take the job. They took the job voluntarily so.

www.almasdarnews.com...

But if they aren't baptized Christians that Ivanka is exploiting it could be a form a divine chastisement. If Ivanka is a baptized Christian, and I assume she is, as her father set the proper example. Then she has every right to exploit spiritual Egypt.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join