It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump accused of explointing Chinese wokers with pay below minimum wage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
According to report, workers in China working to make clothing for Ivanka Trump's clothing line are paid only 62 dollars a week. That below the minimum wage in China and violates international labor laws. Personally, I think it's cruel to pay 62 dollars a week. But it's not like anyone forced them to take the job. They took the job voluntarily so.

www.almasdarnews.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye
Careful... it's below minimum wage in some parts of China and doesn't say where the factory actually is.

It could be within the legal minimum for where it is actually located.

If not then yeah, that's wrong and should be stopped.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
What a shock the daughter is just as much a slave driver as daddy. She should be forced to go and do that job for a few months and see what work is really like when you don't have daddy handing everything to you. Also nice sucks to be you attitude from the op towards the people being used as slaves. Did the op ever think that may be the only job available in that area? Trying to take away the blame from Donnie's surrogate first lady is pathetic.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

This is why we should not be importing products from 3rd world countries. If it's Hanes underwear from Vietnam or tires from India. If they don't mirror our min standards then either tariff or ban.

The only reason corps go to the 3rd world is to enslave (EXPLOIT) the people and basically the whole country. The consumer does not see the "savings" on the retail cost. Seems sad, but the lobbyist is mightier than the conscience.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Ivanka Trump accused of exploiting Chinese workers with pay below minimum wage

Right people!

How dare Ivanka use Chinese labor.

Everyone knows she should use Mexican slave labor.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

To quote Marge Simpson "well duh."

A lot of corporations from many nations do this, why do you think an Indian answers your phone whenever you have phone or ISP problems?

She might have gotten her financial advice from president Dunce-sorry, Trump. This post may be rerecorded to improve customer service.

SHUT UP!!!

'did you say survey? press one to-'

F**K IT-I GIVE UP

'Did you say 'fudge kit I want a cup?' press 1 to confirm, or 2 to-'

*beep beep beep*

Customer service is the number one cause of hypertension.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Corporations produce cheap and sell high in the US. Back in the 1970s and 1980s before exploitation of 3rd world countries every American could afford a house, a TV, a car, a fridge.
edit on 30-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The Trump merchandise is still being manufactured in Asia and Mexico. You would think Trump would use American labor to at least show good faith in his campaign promises. Make America Great again is beginning to ring a little hollow....

time.com...

edit on 30-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Corporations produce cheap and sell high in the US. Back in the 1970s and 1980s before exploitation of 3rd world countries every American could afford a house, a TV, a car, a fridge.

No they couldn't.

The 70s sucked.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It's interesting seeing people turning a could be situation into a definitely happened situation.

I seriously hope people that do that are never called on to be jurors. The innocent wouldn't stand a chance.

There's no evidence she's done anything wrong yet. The factory could be in a place where the pay is within the legal minimum wage. It could even be higher than the minimum in that area... we don't know yet.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

This is why we should not be importing products from 3rd world countries. If it's Hanes underwear from Vietnam or tires from India. If they don't mirror our min standards then either tariff or ban.

The only reason corps go to the 3rd world is to enslave (EXPLOIT) the people and basically the whole country. The consumer does not see the "savings" on the retail cost. Seems sad, but the lobbyist is mightier than the conscience.

We may not agree often but I agree with you 100%. We can make all these products over here and keep our people employed.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well dang, lock her up, lock her up, lock her up!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
California's farmers exploit Mexicans and Mexican-American's every day with wages lower than minimum wage.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

We do agree, and that is always a good thing.

The poor 3rd world workers are exploited, and the consumer is also exploited. The jobs that leave will eventually effect the average Joe. I think the circle is now closing, and the results of the outsourcing is coming to light.

Levis-Carhartt-Hanes-Fruit of the loom-Dickies.......All moved their production out-their products are still priced at a premium.
This is what Modern US capitalism is, and it is wrong.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I don't think the point is lock her up, it is to point out the double talk that has not been properly addressed in the Trump product line up. If ties, shirts and other products he now wants (others) to have made here in the US, but he doesn't. And no one seems to care.

It stinks of double speak and the elite can do what they want, but you must do something less profitable. In other words (in this case) Ivanka "team" championed US made stuff, but screws 3rd world workers and screws them good. But it will not be addressed, becasue they are rich.
edit on 30-4-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The article says she is accused of breaking the law. She and Hillary must have the same friends in high places.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

The article says she is accused of breaking the law. She and Hillary must have the same friends in high places.

Seeing how Trump and the Clinton's have been closely connected over the years it wouldn't be surprise if they didn't have the same connections.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I would dare say that Ivanka (the person that runs the business) is paying much much less than what her company would be paying in the US, like the Trump campaign mantra "made in the USA" was harping for a year.

If true, this is a blatant example of do as I say and not as I do. What then is the difference between Repubs and Dems?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The difference? The repubs have 33 state, the house, the senate, the presidency, the supreme court. What else do they need to run a country? Good god, ask them what the difference is.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Maybe you missed my point. There is no difference between the 2.

If this is true, not only the crap pay, but still making stuff in China when preaching to all of the greatness of US made stuff .

If Team Trump wants to talk the talk, then it damned well better walk the walk.

Already being billionaires you would think the exploitation could take a back seat to doing what is right, and what they said everyone else should do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join