It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters attack Trump for using his personal twitter to communicate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
IMO that is an attack on personal freedom. The constitution guarantees every citizen freedom of speech and action unless it affects others negatively. And using a twitter account by no means affects others negatively. Trump has every right to have a personal twitter account.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

The MSM is pissed because they cannot filter what you and I see and hear. I am actually still shocked that we have the "privilege" of the Internet. I thought they would have reigned in "alternative news" (that is news and any communication that they can't control) years ago.

Time will tell.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

True. Technology is a threat to the old businesses. Social media is a threat to MSM. Online shopping is a threat to retail stores.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Read again

Some of his supporters said that in interviews conducted by Reuters' reporters.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Couldn't give two sh!ts about what Reuters thinks about it. He's the President and if he want's to use Twitter as a direct line to the general public, by all means that's his right.
edit on 4/30/2017 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

How do you know Trump isn't keeping promises. It's only 100 days in. Obama didn't sign the ACA until more than a year into his first term. Why do people expect Trump will fulfill every promise within 100 days? It's not realistic.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I didn't write the article, I wasn't interviewed, I never said that.
Besides that if you ask me, I see a CEO who is used to be the "decider" learning politics is different. I believe the entire two party plus lobbyists system is f*cked up and not even Jesus could make worthwhile politics if he were elected POTUS.
The "swamp of Washington" he promised to dry out seems to be slowly swallowing him, if he doesn't come up with really deep reforms.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Being president is a job and sometimes jobs don't allow you to post certain things on social media or can control who you are friends with on social media as well, they also control what you can and cannot wear or say while doing your job.

Are they infringing on your personal freedoms by controlling you while you are on their dime? When on the job you are expected to conduct yourself in a certain manner, it should be no different for the president.
edit on 4/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
the idiot who wrote the article is on twitter. go tell him to get off it.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
IMO that is an attack on personal freedom. The constitution guarantees every citizen freedom of speech and action unless it affects others negatively. And using a twitter account by no means affects others negatively. Trump has every right to have a personal twitter account.

www.reuters.com...

Did you even read the first paragraph?

Some of his supporters fret that President Donald Trump is backing himself into a corner with promises that can’t be kept. Others lament he is not pulling America from international conflicts as he vowed – or say he should “get off of Twitter.”

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't twitter, so my opinion may reflect that...

I don't care. If he does a halfway decent job--and the early reviews are mixed--he can twitter all day every day, and I won't give two hoots or a holler.

Actually, even if he does a horrible job, he can twitter about it all day every day, and I won't care.

This is a thing, why??

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Trump is a crazy man his supporters agree with. They want him to do his crazy ideas with less of the 3am embarrassing crazy talk that makes fools out of the people who support him. It's like agreeing with your racist uncle but not necessarily wanting him on twitter to broadcast all his batsh#t thoughts embarrassing the family. Damage control.
edit on 30-4-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Meh.

3 AM twitters aren't something I'm going to be worrying about.

I just can't get up in arms over something like this. Many of the folks fussin' about this, aren't exactly tearin' up the world intellectually, either...and their grasp of sanity may be lacking, as well, for all I know.

Trump is going to do what he does. Haven't we figured that out yet?? Yellin' about his twitter habits, or Mera lago (or whatever its called...), is meaningless and useless, and may, ultimately, be counter productive. Just going to make him dig his heels in...

Stream of consciousness twittering is what he does. Kinda like many of my posts here on ATS...now that I think on it.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It is a lot like here-- except here there is a concept of manner and decorum where personal attacks can lead to banning-- where there is encouragement of focusing on the ball not the player.... whereas with Trumps he always focuses on the player, using personal attacks regardless if it's the U.S. Free press or his own Intel Community-- he goes straight for the personal attacks.

I don't think twitter is his problem tho. He's the problem with his personal attacks and name-calling. He spreads hate which is great if you're voting to tear the country apart.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Exactly how it should be seen. The venue matters not in the slightest.

Whatever he may or may not say on Twitter is utterly lost on me...as I do not partake of the twitter-verse. I've got an account, but never used it, and I certainly don't remember the password for access, and can't be, won't be, bothered to fix that.

Did we go and agree, again?? OK, should we be worried?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Totally agree on twiitter. I have a similar un-used derelect account out there that I wouldnt know the password and no interest in figuring it out.

I don't think we need to be too worried, but no sudden moves, and I'll just peacefully back away now.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Read again

Some of his supporters said that in interviews conducted by Reuters' reporters.

Why even bother...

Since the elections the new Ats motto to encourage ignorance.
If reuters reports it, then yes they said it...

top topics

join