It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain a part of evolution to me?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 10-5-2017 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

homo sapiens evolved from neanderthal about 200,000 years ago.

I'm sure Peter will be along any minute now to politely tell you to shut up until you know what you're talking about, and he'll probably offer you a children's book to read. Right Peter?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I'm sure Peter will be along any minute now to politely tell you to shut up until you know what you're talking about, and he'll probably offer you a children's book to read. Right Peter?

peter tends to agree with those who know the facts. of course i oversimplified, but im sure i can be forgiven for that.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

peter tends to agree with those who know the facts. of course i oversimplified, but im sure i can be forgiven for that.

If I had claimed that Homo sapiens evolved from Neanderthals, you and at least 5 other people would be quick to point out that we had a common ancestor and that my religious, feeble little mind simply can't grasp the theory.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

If I had claimed that Homo sapiens evolved from Neanderthals, you and at least 5 other people would be quick to point out that we had a common ancestor and that my religious, feeble little mind simply can't grasp the theory.

clearly thats not happening. i never said you cant grasp it, but it seems fairly evident by now that you refuse to. no skin off my back.

edit on 10-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I'm sure Peter will be along any minute now to politely tell you to shut up until you know what you're talking about,

I've told nobody to shut up. I'm sorry that you're so self conscious regarding your own intellectual limitations and feel the need to lash out at others because ou think you understand the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis and multiple people have to point out your glaring errors based on willful ignorance. Your personal ignorance on the subject matter however, is nowhere near the same thing as making a minor error regarding a rather complicated and interweaving lineage marked by multiple admixture events. And for the record, I have corrected Tzarchasm in the past and may in fact do so in the future. The difference though is that instead of conjecture laden hyperbole and ad hominem attacks, I use facts to support my position and then support those with proper citations. All you have done is condescended towards everyone who disagrees with you while insisting you know all about something you continue to display an alarmin degree of ignorance towards. If I can have a civil and friendly discussion with a poster like Randyvs, I don't think the error in this equation originates with me.

and he'll probably offer you a children's book to read. Right Peter?

No, I'll leave the fairy tales for you. I'll stick with legitimate science supported by a century and a half of testable, repeatable and observable science. If you think scientific journals and peer reviewed data is akin to a children's book then you're either a full on troll or delusional.

If you feel there are errors in the information I am putting forth, please, by all means, show me what those errors are and support them with something resembling science. I am more than happy and very willing to engage in a discussion about the science just as I did earlier when you asked how long our species has been on this earth. I politely answered your query and provided an appropriate citation to support my answer. You didn't dispute my reply, you instead replied to another poster with an adhominem attack against me. So just to reiterate, if you care to actually address the science and wish to discuss what you feel are errors, I am happy to do so.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: peter vlar

Yeah. It's pretty hard to duplicate the conditions of the planet 4.6 billion years ago. You know since no one was alive and all to record what they were like?

Yet you can tell me with complete confidence what was alive and what wasn't 4.6 billion years ago.

I never made this argument. I am nowhere NEAR confident of what was alive then. Fossils are hard to find dating back that far and fossils already represent a tiny fraction of what was alive during that era. Thanks for the strawman though.

We do have SOME fossils dating back that far that give us an idea of SOME of the life that was alive then, but no scientist, let alone myself, will tell you that we are confident of what was alive then with a mere snapshot of the past to work with.

No one said science was supposed to be easy.

LOL go figure.

And yes, I am aware that this is a trap, but I'm so curious to see where you go with it that I just couldn't help myself.

A poorly designed one similar to your AIDS blunder. Just shows you don't know what you are talking about.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Give all your information about how we were all related to archaic humans. Not just what you read online but your own research to prove such. Specifically, chart the maps of humans ancestors with real data, not theory. And not data that you​ have been taught but what you yourself have gathered.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Regarding your friends idea that everything was created 6000 years ago, and distrust of carbon dating.

There are numorous ways of measing the age of things, for examples rocks can be dated by radioactive decay of various elements, K->Ar, Uranium->Lead, C->N. There are other techniques like alignment with Earths magnetic field, interation with cosmic rays, and volcanic ash deposits. These are difficult to follow if you don't have a scientific background.

But I think there is one way which is easy to understand, ice cores. In places that are permanently cold, the annual snowfall leaves bands in the ice which can be counted. It's easy to count back and see that this works, for example lack of CFC contamination before 1929, lack of nuclear bomb fallout before 1945. Lead smelting contamination on Greenland during the time of the Roman empire. Volanic ash layers matching historically known eruptions.

If you drill deeper you can count back tens of thousands of years, in an unbroken sequence.

Deep still it does get more difficult as the layers get thinner, but there are cores that go back 800,000 years. And there are current projects to find cores that go back 1.5 million years in Antartica.

This research is essential to understand climate change.

edit on 14-5-2017 by CaptainJackWard because: Incorrect data.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join