It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain a part of evolution to me?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I got the point that you were trying to be a smart ass and failed spectacularly, yes. Then I view that as a reflection of your general scientific knowledge overall. Which says that you don't know what you are talking about to question evolution.

The distinction between prokaryotes and eukaryotes is considered to be the most important distinction among groups of organisms...

Prokaryotes were the only form of life on Earth for millions of years until more complicated eukaryotic cells came into being through the process of evolution.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It is simply gene mutation from adapting to new environments and adversities. They happen at various rates... smallest is typically quickest and largest either adapt and grow or die off like many other hominids in the rise of the mammalian species.

Your friend is attached to the quickening of a doomsday; that occurs around every 6 thousand years to fold it all in and try once again... core sames show at least six of these occurrences. The hurdle that humanity refuses to cross due to ignorant delusions of concept picking from the so called tree of knowledge instead of embracing life; when life is embraced? It is typically in greed and stirring hate in order for that order to continue on.

Plate wiped clean and a new beginning with those advanced enough to begin anew and yet another attempt.

Either way it is still evolution, whether one is left behind? Depends on how many stumbling blocks to truth they lay in front of truth instead of clarity via an ego self.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Ok...? What are you trying to tell me here? Dropping a science lesson on me with no context is confusing.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Ok...? What are you trying to tell me here? Dropping a science lesson on me with no context is confusing.

I think his point was "see, pykaryotes once turned into Eukaryotes! You said that wasn't possible"

But what we're actually saying is it doesn't occur in a single generation. Notice how it took millions of years, as did dinosaurs to birds

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Well that was why I was confused. I actually understood the process and he was pitching a strawman out of context and pretending like I'd understand.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think he's trying to say we're all full of # for trying to claim that youre not going to see a new life form emerge from prokaryotes because at one time the only life on earth was prokaryotic so obviously, we don't know what we're talking about. Now the context you were looking for is pretty critical here because one doesn't need a degree in geology paleontology or anthropology to understand that the environmental and climatological conditions on earth that existed when these types of changes took place simply no longer exist. You're not going to see a repeat of the same results with entirely different conditions for the entire biome let alone localized ecological niches. But what do I know, I only studied this myself and obtained a degree. I don't get the newest and latest information from YouTube and people who pretend they're doing science when they've never held a degree or actually worked within the field they are trying to claim is completely in error so I'm just a closed minded shill for the secret organization that really controls how science is taught, researched and funded!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I see splitting children's gender into one of roles and in-equality as an evolutionary and societal hurdle. Children are children their sexual identity is theirs and unimportant until they reach sexual maturity., it also starts the idea of dominance and submission that does not allow society to move past those animal states and drives in their focus... reproduction is not the number one goal of humanity; if it is? Someone is still wrestling with the wrong thing in life. Quality is an evolution quantity not really, unless one is trying to build an army... best to leave that to the hive minded.

A friend and another friend were debating into argument one said to me don't you think the youngest Hanson(from the band) looks like a girl I said it doesn't matter what gender the child is being below the age of consent. His eyes grew larger than I ever saw them open and he said you know you're right. It was one of those is the flag moving or the wind moving and a neither just the mind moving moments or that which noticed it and decided to make comment.

edit on 9-5-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Yeah. It's pretty hard to duplicate the conditions of the planet 4.6 billion years ago. You know since no one was alive and all to record what they were like?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

I think his point was "see, pykaryotes once turned into Eukaryotes! You said that wasn't possible"

But what we're actually saying is it doesn't occur in a single generation. Notice how it took millions of years, as did dinosaurs to birds

Antibiotics force bacteria to evolve rapidly. It's one of your favorite examples of evolution. How many petri dishes do you think we have to go through before a bacteria mutates into a multicellular organism?

And if such an event were to take place, how would that disprove the theory of evolution?

And you all can stop patronizing me now, I understand the theory just fine. I'll just continue to disagree until you turn a bacteria into something other than a bacteria, but I certainly won't hold my breath.

edit on 9-5-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

We can see evidence of evolution occurring right now with bacteria gaining antibiotic resistance.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

If that made no Sense to you then perhaps you should get yourself a basic Bio 101 book and familiarize yourself with some of the basics concerning cell biology. In the earlier example, Ghost tried to explain to you that bacteria are Prokaryotic and why a prokaryot doesn't become something else, specifically a eukaryotic organism, which includes all plants and animals living today. The Prokaryotes already underwent that mutation at a time in earths geological history that was conducive to such a mutation. Conditions are drastically different now.

But it's a completely different thing though to add a cellular membrane, a nucleus and a jump to multicellular organisms in the jump from prokaryotes to Eukaryotes. It's a much easier jump to double the number of cells from 2 to 4 than it is to add a nucleus and membrane. Likewise, it was over 70 MA between the first mammals and the appearance of primates. You sound like you want to see Cyanobacteria grow legs and walk itself out of the agar within a few generations. That's just not how it works.

This is dumbed down enough that it should make sense
www.diffen.com...

Here, let me stoop to your level...

The Bible is fact. If you don't believe it like I do, then you're obviously just too stupid to understand it.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
made a somewhat better compilation of debate re-runs that have graced the forums. since it seems so many people have missed these classics i figured i would throw together a string of examples for reference purposes. if i missed any good ones, let me know so i can update the list. made for those interested in "frequently asked questions". dont be shy folks, and feel free to share if you know someone who needs it

Creationism vs Evolution debates(ad nauseam)

1. Evolution is so illogical it has to be a conspiracy

2. An easy way to understand evolution...

3. Proof that evolution is the only answer

4. Modern proof of evolution

5. If evolution is wrong then what's the alternative?

6. Top Ten Scientific Facts : Evolution is False and Impossible

7. Watching Evolution in Action

8. Evolution is a farce: Evidence

9. Prove Evolution Is False - Even Without the Bible

10. A challenge for evolution deniers: Explain why changes do not continue to add up over time

11. The Primary Axiom or Evolution is just a lie and should be replaced by Intelligent Design

12. Is There Evidence for Evolution? Show it to us.

13. Creation v Evolution argument can end

14. If evolution happened, where are ALL the transitional fossils?

15. 10 popular fallacies and misconceptions about evolution

16. 100 Reasons Why Evolution is Stupid is Stupid

17. Human Evolution (with pictures!)

18. 10 Ways Darwin got it wrong - The Conspiracy of Evolution

19. An evolutionary dilemma!!!!

20. I don't understand evolution.

21. Creationists: Have you ever read a book about Evolution?

22. Evolution is boring, What does it mean to you ?

23. How accurate is the Theory of Evolution?

24. No Such Thing As Evolution

25. Fundamental concepts of evolution explained.

26. why I hate evolution..

27. Evolution backed up by Hoaxes and Desperate Lies

28. Problems I have with evolution...

29. Genetics, Evolution and the Creationist Conspiracy

30. Evolution - defies accepted science

edit on 9-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Post a thread of this and make it a sticky

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
a reply to: TzarChasm

Post a thread of this and make it a sticky

i might just copy the link to the post and keep it handy.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Hahaha. Considering I was studying to enter the Selinary prior to enlisting in the Army, I've got a pretty solid grasp on a multitude of aspects of all the various versions of the Bible. So as there are dozens of versions, which one exactly is the true and factual version? You can stooop to whichever level you enjoy but the fact is, you really don't know what you're talking about. One thing I learned long ago was that if you want to dispute someone else's point of view, you must know it as well and better than they do. I can assure you that your knowledge of MES is not up to par with that of the average high school biology student let alone that of someone who actually got a degree in paleoanthropology. I realize it sounds like a narcissistic appeal to authority but since I'm all too often accused of being just that, I may as well run with it!The only fact here I see that you don't know nearly as much about the subject matter as you try to pretend you do. Whether I agree with the subject latter or not, I enjoy your posts and believe it or not, I do respect your tenacity even if I think you might be bat s# crazy now and again. (Disclaimer: That was tongue in cheek humor since all too often, it doesn't translate well to text. I'm not really accusing you of being mentally ill).

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

for me humans evolved from primates due to their diet, of psychoactive plants, basically builds the brain enhancing consciousness, the earth evolves everything...
"Homo sapien consumption for consciousness-expanding purposes is well-documented throughout anthropology and history, ample evidence suggests we are not the only creatures who seek mind-altering plants and substances in their environment."
reset.me...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

How long has our particular species been on this Earth?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Yeah. It's pretty hard to duplicate the conditions of the planet 4.6 billion years ago. You know since no one was alive and all to record what they were like?

Yet you can tell me with complete confidence what was alive and what wasn't 4.6 billion years ago.

LOL go figure.

And yes, I am aware that this is a trap, but I'm so curious to see where you go with it that I just couldn't help myself.

edit on 10-5-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Yet you can tell me with complete confidence what was alive and what wasn't 4.6 billion years ago.

LOL go figure.

And yes, I am aware that this is a trap, but I'm so curious to see where you go with it that I just couldn't help myself.

it would be unfair to insist that you accept these facts without the necessary background education to appreciate the methods and tools and minds that went into testing and confirming them. fortunately, with those methods and tools and minds still around and the records of their activities still well documented and supported by a vast community of equally trained peers, we dont need you to accept these facts. it costs us nothing for you to disagree, so go ahead.

originally posted by: Bone75

How long has our particular species been on this Earth?

homo sapiens evolved from neanderthal about 200,000 years ago.
edit on 10-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The oldest archaic H. Sapiens fossils are what we refer to as the Omo remains found near Omo Ethiopia. They are ~195 KA. There is a pretty clear progression from H. Erectus beginning around 2 MA up through H. Heidelbergensis and up to the oldest archaic H. Sapiens and onwards to modern H. Sapiens today. It only takes one out of place fossil to throw all of MES into disarray. But that hasn't appeared anywhere. H. Sapiens are a distinctly East African adaptation of our Genus. Much like Neanderthal are uniquely suited to the ecological niche of Mid Pleistocene Eurasia.

m.pnas.org...

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join