It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the most unfathomable genius of all time?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Kids are fun aren't they? At least you have a decent idea why you can't figure yours out.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Me. If "unfathomable" means "Biggest Idiot".

But seriously, knowledge, like time and everything else is as fleeting and transitory as a mid-life crisis to a mayfly.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Kids are fun aren't they? At least you have a decent idea why you can't figure yours out.

LOL! Yep. The other two.. I just say its all from their dads side of the family.

Sad thing is my kid cant be the only one around here. If they sought these kids out.. could you imagine our advancements as a culture if we nurtured these kids minds rather than casting them out and basically abandoning them? I mean Im a mensan and my kid when she was younger taught me how we should be able to see through layers of time. Can you imagine if she had someone who could teach her better than me? I homeschool her, but so many cant do that... and the really brilliant little ones are in idiot classes at school.

I have a feeling there are a LOT of kids out there like her and its actually not a rare thing.. but they are so odd at first glance they are disregarded or given some idiotic false diagnosis. Their curiosity about things and how they investigate them is sometimes VERY offputting... so its forbidden. Held down with pharmaceuticals and BS.. being told they are outside of everyone else and have to conform. These schools kill the spark of geniuses. Greed , social engineering goals, and manipulation are held above pure genius and beauty... even if its a little frightening sometimes, its wonderful. They even deny them the materials they want to learn more about. Teacher had a fit because she was learning outside of the lesson plan. God forbid! Call a conference! As a species we are pathologically suicidal when we destroy the ones who could advance us all. Ugh.. makes me want to puke.

If I wanted to get all political ( effing uber-liberals think they are educational savants with their infantile lessons and curriculum.. ) and conspiracy-ish.. this is one area I could rant insanely about. Forgive me! LOL!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Nope. I am right there with you. I went through it all as a gifted kid myself, but at least I was only moderately gifted, so it wasn't as painful for me as it is for some of these kids. And they are just making it worse these days. I was lucky. They were still tracking kids back when I went through it so I was in classes with kids who were learning faster and more advanced.

These days either everyone is gifted or no one is.

And right now, I'm looking at my own kiddo who's probably 2E. So we've really got an uphill battle ahead.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

2) “I know one thing; that I know nothing”

Socrates

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ttobban

There was no debate to be had.

Time is infinite.

Even when our sun implodes on itself and consumes everything.

Time will still go on.

By that time man will surely have gone to the stars.

During that TIME science changes.

Which means the greatest have been replaced by other greatest, and so on and so on and so on.

The greatest genius of all time hasn't been born yet, and hasn't died yet to infinity.

Question: is space-time, energy inclusive or exclusive? Meaning, is space-time and energy one thing, or is energy a separate piece from space-time?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Whoever invented this "Social Justice" PSYOP. Effing brilliant!!

I don't disagree. (That is PURELY for SJWs themselves. If you have EVER been CALLED an SJW, then take my reply seriously).

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Who is your final answer, IF I were to press you to pick just one?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: XeloE
I would venture to say, apart from Jesus Christ and King Solomon in the Bible, that Isaac Newton without a doubt would meet the criteria to your question in the title.

Of course he was a known person. Who knows how many other geniuses were born in far away places who never had the opportunity or the education to shine. I am sure there would be many others.

You are a deep thinker. Read the opening post again and remember at each point (except the last section): what are you assuming about me, what you are assuming about my overall views, what you are assuming about the content you are reading?

You are a deep thinker, I need you to dig deep on the question I asked.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Me. If "unfathomable" means "Biggest Idiot".

But seriously, knowledge, like time and everything else is as fleeting and transitory as a mid-life crisis to a mayfly.

If the same knowledge has been relevant for 2400 years, it is either relevant to us as modern humans or any entity that can think.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I've always said, if Jesus really existed, and was "real", he would have known that we think with our brains rather than our "hearts" (as he's quoted in the Bible). And that bit right there, if he'd have went around speaking that to the masses they would likely have executed him for that alone!

Your post is relevant to my question. I sense this member is in the same line of thinking as I am.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I am way too ADHD to provide a focus to the riddle at play here... I will just read from here on out. The OP, thread title, and guideline differences, each time I read the thread's OP... offers different conclusions being met. In such times, observing is the best option... for me at least.

edit on 30-4-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
A fathom is 6 feet but you said you aren't looking for people with an ear for math.

My general rule concerning matters not universally solvable was chosen back in grade school.

Protagorus (who hated math) stated.

"Of all things the measure is Man, of the things that are, that they are, and of the things that are not, that they are not"

And later Plato reinterpreted this to mean that truth is relative and known to the individual through their own filter.

It is usually someone elses interpretation that we accept concerning "genius".

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Thiaoouba Prophecy

SO ...I'm dancing around earth in the meat mask because I like it SO much I forget ME?

I 'd rather be cruising space looking at stuff...in this INCARNATION anyway...TOO bad we haven't got an instant clarification method to GROK beyond the meat.
I haven't even seen a GRAY.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Whoever invited singing. And whoever figured out how to make fire!
edit on 30-4-2017 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Kurt Gödel is the greatest genius of all time in my opinion.

Gödel’s Incompleteness Theorem says:

Gödel proved that there are ALWAYS more things that are true than you can prove. Gödel’s Incompleteness Theorem applies not just to math, but to everything that is subject to the laws of logic.

“Anything you can draw a circle around cannot explain itself without referring to something outside the circle – something you have to assume but cannot prove.”

edit on 30-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The very first person to figure out how to make fire.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'd have to say Tesla if from the point of not knowing all of his discoveries? What if all that was claimed by him was true? The world would be vastly different place.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
The Two Quotes

1) “The unexamined life is not worth living”

Meaning: the thinking entity has value

Meaning: this source is trustworthy
The Question

Who can the above two quotes be attributed to?

Both quotes are attributed to Socrates, by Plato…

Now you need to elaborate, on why you’re asking the question…

In answer to your title…I would go with Sir Isaac Newton, because he wrote numerous alchemical texts, using unknown symbols, which people are still trying to decipher today….

- JC

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
What I am about to write is potentially the most important thread I have ever written. I do not claim this thread represents “the end of the journey needed to discover truth”, but rather that I am getting close.

All I need to do is:
1) Analyse two separate quotations
2) Ask a question
3) Justify why I did the first two

All you need to do is:
1) Agree I am justified
2) Help answer

The Two Quotes

1) “The unexamined life is not worth living”

Meaning: the thinking entity has value

Meaning: this source is trustworthy

The Question

Who can the above two quotes be attributed to?

My Justification for Asking

Anyone can narrow it down to two individuals.

Help Answer

I can only clarify anything from THIS point onward. If you are lost, do basic research. Everything above follows logically. Only what needs to be written has been written, anything unnecessary has been omitted. I am not being cryptic or mysterious. I believe both quotes come from the same person. If you give me a good reason to answer “The Question”. I will be happy to clarify or elaborate on ANYTHING in this thread.

Let us continue to seek truth to the best of our ability!

"Who is the most unfathomable genius of all time?"
Newton? Da-Vinci? Tesla? Hal-9000? Shunpei Yamazaki ? Beethoven? Buddha?
How about the incomprehensible intelligence of the vast networks some plant and tree networks have?
An ant colony? The human neural network? Humanity? Man? The friggin' internet?
Well if we're only looking for a human "who": for the common man, all genius in unfathomable. But the most unfathomable might be an Autistic genius. Especially savant, or someone with synesthesia.
An artistic genius might be completely unfathomable by pragmatists.
Unfathomable genius might also mean that they were unable to communicate that genius, to a regular person.
(Were you secretly hoping someone would say you? LoL).

1) Okay: you are justified, because it can be narrowed down to two individuals.

2) Perhaps those two are: The original author, and you.

Thanks for the ideas DG. 'Tis fun to contemplate, but don't we always find that it all leads to nothing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join