It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Gem TV CEO shot in Turkey, weird Latin phrase

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I started looking up who he is, after reading the news of Saeed Karimians' death on bbc and a google search provided me with this

which is nowhere to be found on his website (even his biography seems to be deleted)

Sadly my Latin is not good, so if someone can help?

Aenean scelerisque condimentum libero rutrum ultricies. Praesent dignissim nisl et dui portittor sed ultricies mi pellentesque. Nam laoreet nulla lobo...

Because I read something about Aeneas and his consignment Rangers cancel the electric shovel?
Upcoming sample an airport and two ferries without electric sniper?
But now he is proud he is no wolf?

What is this? How wrong am I because the alternative is jasmine chocolate and makeup and preschool...which all sounds weird like an encrypted message?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Aenean scelerisque condimentum libero rutrum ultricies. Praesent dignissim nisl et dui portittor sed ultricies mi pellentesque. Nam laoreet nulla lobo...

Nothing but a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

Even Google failed.

Google

Probably a code.

Dude prolly works for MOIS.
edit on 30-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I doubt that, the Iranian officials didn't like his western orientated broadcasting. But it's curious, right?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

probably lorem ipsum filler text while the content is worked on. Web developers use it all the time, a bit of a faux pas for it to be live mind
edit on 30/4/2017 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

Okay but if you go to the site it's talking about his aims for 2014. That's some lazy ass IT, especially for a farsi media mogul.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Indeed it is, but its a meta description, you manually add it to a page to change the text that appears on search engines. Either it is a new site and its still pulling in old metadata before it was edited, or the page was only recently updates to remove the lorem ipsum and add meta desc, and google took a while to catch up (it reads as it should from my search results).

Its fairly standard practice, but a little sloppy. Perhaps it was pushed for release due to recent news, not sure.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I started looking up who he is, after reading the news of Saeed Karimians' death on bbc and a google search provided me with this

which is nowhere to be found on his website (even his biography seems to be deleted)

Sadly my Latin is not good, so if someone can help?

Because I read something about Aeneas and his consignment Rangers cancel the electric shovel?
Upcoming sample an airport and two ferries without electric sniper?
But now he is proud he is no wolf?

What is this? How wrong am I because the alternative is jasmine chocolate and makeup and preschool...which all sounds weird like an encrypted message?

My latin has about 20 years of rust on it, but there are bits there that make me think it's not a genuine latin sentence.

Let's break it down:
Aenean: proper noun.
scelerisque:
scelus: "crime/criminal", noun 3rd decl neuter; "sceleris" is singular genitive, "-que" mean "and" and links it to another word.
condimentum: "spice, season, temper as in temper of a sword, something that renders something acceptable", noun 2nd decl neuter.
As this is neuter 2nd dec, this could be nominative, vocative, or accusative.
libero:
liberare: "free, acquit, absolve", verb 1st conj; "libero" is "I free".
rutrum: "shovel", noun; pretty much speaks for itself. Could be (sing) nominative, accusative, or vocative.
ultricies: this one doesn't seem to come up in a quick search, though I wonder if it's supposed to be "ultrices"? If so, it would be a female avenger/punisher? If so, that would make it ultrix: "female avenger/punisher", noun 3rd decl; "ultrices" could be (plural) nominative, vocative, or accusative.

I could start to go into this in more detail, however (i) I'm already bored, and (ii) I already know what it is.

It's Lorem Ipsum - fake latin made up as "placeholder" text. You'll often find it on websites when they are first being set up, as it's easier to design and test when you have a big block of (computer generated) text to fill up the space and give you an idea of how the text will look.

How do I know that it's Lorem Ipsum? "Ultricies" makes me thing it is fake, but there's something even more obvious: the exact same text can be found on multiple web pages where it is clearly being used as Lorem Ipsum.

For example:

www.stylemepretty.com...

index.co...

www.sustainablebrands.com...

And so on, and so forth. Or, to keep in the spirit of the thread: et cetera, et cetera...

edit on Ev27SundaySundayAmerica/ChicagoSun, 30 Apr 2017 12:27:42 -05007692017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thanks guys. I learned something.

new topics

top topics

join