It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thing that REALLY worries me about North Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What if North Korea REALLY do have nukes capable of reaching USA. What if they have not been bluffing?

Surely there is nobody as crazy in this world as Kim portrays himself which is starting to make me wonder if perhaps Kim isn't mentaly insane.... surely nobody is that stupid to keep goading and goading a world superpower/nuclear power if you don't have nothing to back it up.

Maybe I am wrong but it does worry me that America MAY get a bit of a shock .. maybe I worry too much I don't know..
edit on 30/4/2017 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/4/2017 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe
disregard.
edit on 30-4-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

There is absolutely no proof they do have nukes. "Dogs that bark don't bite" he sure is crazy but he also knows that the response would be the absolute annihilation of the entire Korean peninsula.
While his subjects might be suicidal Kim himself lives a pleasant life.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Kim is a loose cannon. He needs to be replaced. I think China should be involved in persuading their people into choosing a new leader, it is not the business of the US to do so. Maybe our presence in South Korea will not be so important if his regime gets changed and they start getting along better.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

There is absolutely no proof they do have nukes. "Dogs that bark don't bite" he sure is crazy but he also knows that the response would be the absolute annihilation of the entire Korean peninsula.
While his subjects might be suicidal Kim himself lives a pleasant life.

Please show the UN video revealing lil' Kim's pleasant life and the one proving he has no nukes.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I'm sure Trump has well stocked bunkers at the tower and Mar a Lago. The generals have been itching to use nukes. So, they are willing to sacrifice you and your family to see how it all shakes out. Take a good look a the blue sky and the face of babes now.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Is there any video of UN saying all these threats? Or we are being told he said them?

edit on 30-4-2017 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: ?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Is this "UN video thing" an inside joke I don't get?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What worries me most is that the apparent most powerful country leader is a fake and a frsud and a loose canon. Who seems unstable enough to start a war that everybody know will end inworld destruction. Usa made more trouble and acuse more countries and threaten mor e sovereighn countries with death and destruction than any other country on earth

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
What worries me most is that the apparent most powerful country leader is a fake and a frsud and a loose canon. Who seems unstable enough to start a war that everybody know will end inworld destruction. Usa made more trouble and acuse more countries and threaten mor e sovereighn countries with death and destruction than any other country on earth

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Peeple

I think I should be more worried about North Korea taking over South Korea via peaceful means. According to a guy named Myers he stated it's possible:

The stars are aligning very nicely for the strategy [Kim Jong-un] inherited from his father. Just as North Korea is perfecting its nuclear weaponry, China has acquired the economic power to punish South Korea for improving its missile defenses. Opinion polls in the South now strongly favor the left-wing presidential candidate Mun Jae-in, who in 2011 expressed hope for the speedy realization of a North–South confederation. If he or anyone else from the nationalist left takes over, years of South Korean accommodation of the North will ensue, complete with massive unconditional aid.

This went on under George W. Bush, and the alliance survived. Donald Trump, however, is much less likely to allow an ostensible ally to subvert UN sanctions while paying tributary visits to Pyongyang. And Kim Jong-un knows this. He knows that whatever security guarantees Trump gave to Seoul were made to the current conservative administration only. So Kim Jong-un has a better chance than his father did of pressuring the alliance to a breaking point. With China’s support he can pull a left-wing South Korean administration in one way while pushing the Americans in another.

Having lived in South Korea for the past 15 years, I don’t share most Americans’ confidence that it will always choose America over a North-supporting China. My own impression—bolstered by the ongoing controversy surrounding the stationing of the THAAD missile defense system—is that a growing number of South Koreans would rather see their state’s security compromised than risk their own prosperity.

Fat Boy's granddady said something very ominous

As Kim Il-Sung told his Bulgarian counterpart Todor Zhivkov in 1973, “If they listen to us, and a confederation is established, South Korea will be done with.”

freekorea.us...

Now before you say it's impossible, Myers stated in another article that South Korea have been infiltrated by Ultra Nationalists that want to establish a Korea ruled under them and they admired North Korea due to their fascist tendencies.

If people in the West find this scenario almost as ludicrously improbable as the other one, it is because they have always overestimated South Koreans’ loyalty to their own republic and their hostility to the North. For a long time I made this mistake myself. In 2009 I was sure the DPRK would soon push Seoul and Washington too far, resulting in a punishing retaliation that would start a process of regime collapse.

I was right about the increase in North Korean belligerence, wrong about everything else. Had anyone told me that the Kim Jong Il regime would be able to torpedo a South Korean naval vessel, killing 46 sailors, and then bombard Yeonpyeong Island, killing 4, without suffering any serious retaliation from the Lee Myung Bak administration, I would not have believed it. My mistake lay in not realizing that moderate South Korean conservatives do not identify much more strongly with their republic than the left-wing does. They too, being pan-Korean nationalists at heart, will get angrier about Japanese claims to Dokdo than about their blood-brothers’ attack on an actual, populated island.

This is hard to understand without knowing the warts-and-all history of the South Korean protest movement, to which even many of today’s ruling party members belonged in their youth. Alas, this remains a taboo topic in Korean Studies. In the West, researching it would bring one into conflict with the dominant academic orthodoxy, according to which the military dictators’ allegations of North Korean subversion of the opposition were almost wholly false.

For our part, we must at least stop acting as if the only motive for North Korea’s armament too preposterous to discuss were the one that the country has reiterated, and acted in accordance with, for the past seventy years. Our initial response to 9/11 was to reduce it to a protest against U.S. support for Israel. Only recently have we begun to understand that the jihadists quite literally want the whole world. It is wishful thinking to assume that the ultra-nationalists in Pyongyang, who are far better armed than Islamic State, do not at least want the rest of their ethnic homeland.

www.nknews.org...

He explains that it was deeply rooted in Korean Nationalism and that it has Nazi like tendencies

He is currently researching how pan-Korean nationalism undermines state patriotism in South Korea. Successive Seoul administrations have neglected to inculcate pride in the republic as a state entity, Myers says, instead equating it with the Korean race: “This is no problem when you have a nation state like Japan or Denmark, but is a problem when you have a state divided.”

This explains why, he continues, there were no mass protests against last year’s North Korean attacks. Moreover, the issue impacts beyond the strategic space: It also hinders South Korea’s globalization. So Myers won’t be departing Korea quite yet? “I want to be here for unification,” he says, though he warns that it could be cataclysmic. “Ultra-nationalism is an appealing ideology — the Third Reich fought to the end, even sending their children into battle,” Myers muses. “We should not underestimate its appeal.”

That impression was reinforced on a trip he made to North Korea in June. Driving from Pyongyang to Wonsan on the country’s east coast, he was able to see rural villages up close. Yet despite their poverty, there was no sense of things falling apart. “You get the impression of a nation that is still cohering,” he said. “It is not simply because of repression, but because the regime still manages to inspire people.”

leonidpetrov.wordpress.com...

However as you said Peeple, Kim Jong Un only cares about maintaining his lifestyle than ruling.

But if Kim Jong Un, US and China were to be gone that will allow the Ultranationalists to seize power.

Kim Jong Un will never allow Ultranationalists because they will interfere with his lives. Therefore he will be eliminated.

US obviously will prevent it if their bases are still there. If US troops are withdrawn then it will makes things easier for them.

China will never allow an Ultranationalist Korea on its borders. Actually interestingly Myers stated that Korean Ultranationalism is based on that of Imperial Japan.

All it takes is an economic collapse for that to happen.
edit on 4/30/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What worries me is the populace of the most powerful nation int he world, sniffling & shivering, quaking in their boots over some little punk that might be able to do a teeny tiny popshot or two. We're talking stubbed toes causing heart attacks here.

Get a grip ye scurvy wenches!
edit on 30-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
No sense in worrying over things we have no control over.

Just do better with the things you do have control over.

Whatever will be.

Will be.

If ya don't life just might pass you by.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Let me see if I understand you correctly. You are concerned that he might be lying about his capability and/or has deliberately sabotaged his own missile program to appear to be even more incompetent than we think he is?

Because I never even think about north Korea, myself, to be perfectly honest, but I find the idea that he might pack a bomb on a submarine and sail into one of our harbors to be a lot more credible than a hypothetical secret-awesome missile program.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Or Fat Boy can use a container ship and launch nuclear armed scud missiles from there.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

What if North Korea REALLY do have nukes capable of reaching USA.

What if? They would never make it the US mainland (or Hawaii). They would be intercepted beforehand (unless of course TPTB want them to make it to the US).

And then NK would indeed be toast.

More concerning would be SK, Japan, and other allies in the region.
edit on 30-4-2017 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What if they're thinking the same thing about us? If they launch preemptive nukes at the U.S. then what makes us any different for wanting to do the same thing?

Who's right and who's wrong? It goes both ways. If you're afraid because you DON'T know then imagine how they feel because they DO know what we're capable of. We're the ones in their territory being aggressors.
edit on 4/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Is this "UN video thing" an inside joke I don't get?

Nevermind.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The worst thing you can do is underestimate your enemy, while overestimating yourself.

Nobody here knows North Korea's capabilities more than the next person, and to say otherwise is willful ignorance!

No offense to anyone that may or may not agree.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

What??? You think the people of NK actually CHOOSE a leader? Wow. Just wow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join