It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But really. Trump didn't have to settle Trump university.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: Sillyolme

The purpose of advertisements is to exaggerate the products. That's not illegal. Creating fake facebook accounts to post fake comments and reviews on facebook page is illegal.

Did the students really expect Trump to spill out all of his business secrets in the CDs? Which billionaire businessman gives an ounce of his business secrets to strangers?

You have a teneous (at best) grasp on how the legal system works.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

You're threatening other people's job security on this forum. Trump already has 3 loyal keyboard lawyers to defend his every words or actions on ats.

Right steve or chen...et al...

edit on 30-4-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

All these colleges advertisements say 99% of their students find jobs 6 months after graduation. Technically that may be true, but finding a job flipping burgers at McDonald's has nothing to do with studying at those colleges.

Ads may not lie if they do not disclose information. I can make an ad that says I will teach you math and end up teaching you 1 plus 1 equals 2. That's not a lie. Trump may make an ad that says he will teach his business secrets and end up teaching money is the vehicle of transaction. That's not a lie.

It is up to consumers to research and make sure before they shell out money after looking at ads, especially if you are shelling out 30 grand on a college that is not accredited.
edit on 30-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Now we're broadening the discussion to include the financial condition of companies found liable in a law suite?
And how they might recoup losses? I understand how you think this applies to the discussion but it's off on a tangent not related to trump not having to settle and most people never seeing their money.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Wrong. You're trolling your own thread now?
You want it to be about truth in advertising?
Geez.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I have worked in advertising myself. Ads keep information hidden to fool the public. They do not reveal information. That is not being not truthful. Ads are meant to generate revenue, not raise brand value. There is nothing illegal with Trump University ads. It's the students who misinterpreted the ads, expecting Trump to teach all of his business secrets to strangers. Let me ask, which businessman ever teaches all of his business secrets to any stranger?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Ok. I owned a store for years and we did our own commercials. I'd find one and link it but...

And you're still trolling your own thread.
edit on 512017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join