It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tillerson Cuts 2,300 Jobs From Bloated State Department

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
2300 jobs is a big cut. Think of all the damage that will be done to those people, and then other workers have to do two jobs.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What are tax cuts to corporations? Aren't they suppose to be the jobs program? When?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

The economy is the "jobs program." The more money the government takes out of it, the less is left in it for anyone to do anything economic ... like buying, selling, start a business, build a business, hire, etc.

A thriving economy can't help but create opportunities in all forms, including jobs at all levels.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
2300 jobs is a big cut. Think of all the damage that will be done to those people, and then other workers have to do two jobs.

Did you miss the part where they won't be fired outright? Do you know what sunsetting is? Some of this is jobs that simply won't be filled again when their current occupants leave. Doesn't sound to me like those people are going to be fired and kicked to the curb although some might be bought out.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I don't think a mass influx on the UE insurance and SNAP will help the taxpayer. This is not about helping the taxpayer. This about cuts to give the rich.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Then why is the economy so bad with all GOP in control in 33 states and D.C. if that formula works.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't care what side of the aisle you are on..........cut cut cut cut. Don't most people who run for office say they are going to cut the budget just to get votes? Last time I checked the answer was yes. Promise you the moon and hand you a grain of sand and then take that.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Maybe it's because the government has to much control over the economy?

Have you ever thought of that?

Continue your left right holy crusade.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Give me a break what was that... grasping at straws?

Cut the governments influence over us and the world period..

Need to find a job where you actually produce a value?

To bad.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Then why is the economy so bad with all GOP in control in 33 states and D.C. if that formula works.

First off, the economy varies from state to state. In some states it isn't as bad off.

The overwhelming problems for it from up top are excessive regulatory burden, high taxation, Obamacare (more taxes and regs that cost a lot more money).

That filters down through different states that add in their own ways, some do their best to make themselves more friendly while others are worse. The economy varies inside those micro-environments.

I would ask you this: If the Republicans were doing such a horrible job and what the Democrats do was working out so well, why are the Democrats basically out of power in so many areas?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

All I have seen are broken promises to working stiffs and giveaways to the rich from this administration.

You should be able to identify at least 20 examples right?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Then why all the red except for coastal states for Trump? I thought it was jobs. That's what Trump supporters told me here in Idaho. That was why he was better than the other contenders because he is a businessman. We just had more layoffs at the ammunitions plant and retail businesses closing.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Then why all the red except for coastal states for Trump? I thought it was jobs. That's what Trump supporters told me here in Idaho. That was why he was better than the other contenders because he is a businessman. We just had more layoffs at the ammunitions plant and retail businesses closing.

This is the part where I blame Obama.

Of course, it's been barely 100 days, so I can still do that.

Even if they repeal the ACA tomorrow, it will take time to see what impact it will have on the economy, and then there are tax cuts. We don't even know if those will get through Congress yet and if they do, what final form will make it.

There are as many Republicans who hate the ideas Trump is proposing as there are Democrats who hate them (yes I went there that's about how bad off Democrats are, at least in the house).

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I don't think the working class have time for anymore economic experiments. Raid the Treasury with cuts for the rich then hope for the best.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

We have to make cuts somewhere.

You have the largest military force in the world , the President is intent on increasing your military budget by $54 billion to $639 billion in 2018 , isn't there some scope for cuts there rather than increasing the budget ?

the problem with this idea... the military is bare bones right now on manpower because of the last round of cuts... every single time congress has told them to cut the budget they cut manpower.

You tell them again to cut the budget they will once again cut the manpower... and guess what manpower is not the problem... its all the black book projects, all the weapons systems that are paid for because some politician wanted jobs in their sector... or as a favor to an ally.

The only way to get the cuts to happen where they need to happen, is if congress divests them selves from the military industrial complex which will not happen due to votes/bribes...

While more manpower cuts will just get people killed in our conflict zones.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I don't think the working class have time for anymore economic experiments. Raid the Treasury with cuts for the rich then hope for the best.

News flash:

Taxes have never helped anyone economically and do nothing but expand government and military spending.

Tax cuts on the entire country would benefit all of us.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

the math is screwy.

3% staffing reduction = 25% departmental savings? So are we getting rid of 2500 millionaires or something?

ETA: the state department has 80000 employees?
edit on 4/30/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Tillerson Cuts 2,300 Jobs From Bloated State Department

In the meantime, Ivanka in her mysterious "unpaid" and vague position as Dad's Advisor/Nurse, gets a Chief of Staff, presumable to manage her staff! What? Talk about Government GLUT!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

States and the feds have been doing cutting to the budget for years. Wall Street is going nuts over the proposed tax cuts and job losses. Again, its the stockholders who benefit and the rest hope for trickles. They won't make more jobs, they will invest in robots.

edit on 30-4-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

a reply to: toysforadults

States and the feds have been doing cutting to the budget for years. Wall Street is going nuts over the proposed tax cuts and job losses. Again, its the stockholders who benefit and the rest hope for trickles. They won't make more jobs, they will invest in robots.

And then after all jobs are robots comes the universal minimum wage. isnt that what democrats want? There will be time to write poetry,become a musician,spend more time with your family. As hillary said.

As to people in non red states complaining about jobs being cut. They dont consider government jobs a real job.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join