It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growth down and Gas prices up under Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Obama passed the Affordable Care Act in his first term.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
this is a real problem with presidential term limits i have always noticed, it takes years even decades sometimes before policies actually have an influence on anything yet people are too impatient and think it is immediate.
seriously, one hundred days is not enough time to determine anything about any president, hell even four years is not enough time to determine too much more than 100 days, and things like economic growth is heavily influenced by speculation due to world events and the level of confidence people have towards the economy.

what happens under trump will be heavily influenced by the policies put into motion by obama, like most presidents in the past, what the previous administration does often shows the result under the newer administration, then they make changes before a previous policy actually changes anything and that is probably why it always seems like nothing ever changes much under either party.

people are too impatient and need to understand that leaders in democratic systems like america do not have too much influence on the now as they seem to believe, the people, the courts, corporations, the states and lastly, foreign nations are the ones that change the now to what it is.

honestly trump probably sees this trend and i bet that is why he is being so much more heavy with executive orders than previous presidents, executive orders are responded to much faster than bills and new laws.
edit on 30-4-2017 by namehere because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-4-2017 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
this is a real problem with presidential term limits i have always noticed, it takes years even decades sometimes before policies actually have an influence on anything yet people are too impatient and think it is immediate.

While this is true, presidents who are more experienced with politics and less experienced with business have gotten a lot more done.

honestly trump probably sees this trend and i bet that is why he is being so much more heavy with executive orders than previous presidents, executive orders are responded to much faster than bills and new laws.

I think it's because he doesn't understand the political system or the Constitution. He's used to being a CEO (dictator) of a company where he says "do this" and people make it happen because the company is relatively small compared to the size of the US. He has no idea how to actually make things work, and he's not using Congress to help him out. He dictates to them as though they're an upper management group -- which they are not.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Obama passed the Affordable Care Act in his first term.

And THAt was it though. nothing else.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

They just wanted to power grab and do what with it, if they can't agree on budgets and laws. Their main functions.

They are banking on more republican seats being won im guessing. And then actually doing something i guess.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Like their corporate masters, they need more.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
lets be honest the democrats are also coporate lackeys.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The democrats aren't writing laws at the current administration so useless to their masters.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Much as I don't like Trump, it irks me when people just expect 1) things to keep getting better and better forever and 2) people blame presidents for the effects of policies of previous presidents. Trickle down economics(courtesy of Reagan) didn't really start to hurt until around 2000, and yet that policy has continued to this day. Of course growth is down. Gas prices are up because they were so low that they were bankrupting oil producing companies and exporting countries. They will continue to slowly rise in fits and starts for quite some time.

I don't expect Trump to fix any of this, of course, but don't blame him until he's been in office at least a couple years. Everybody blamed Obama for the recession that started just before he got elected. Normally causes happen BEFORE effects. There's a really long lag time between 1. Thinking up a policy 2. Getting it passed/ implemented 3. Money to start moving around as a result of policy 4. Effects to hit the general population. There's plenty of people who have been watching the data and aren't surprised at all, because this is following trends that have been in place for a very long time.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The democrats aren't writing laws at the current administration so useless to their masters.

Until they get re elected yes. still dont change the fact a majority of democrats are rich thanks to corporate gifts,and favors. Making them their lackeys because they do as told for the money.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

That's only a problem when it's a democrat?

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

That's only a problem when it's a democrat?

No BOTH sides are lackeys I implied earlier when i said Democrats ALSo are corporate lackeys. Its never OK in any case.
edit on 17000000ppam by yuppa because: editing facts

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

But at least the democrats pay lip service to the American working man and support women.

The GOP makes no excuses for pandering to the top 10% of the wealthy elite, with their "trickle down" economic policies, old men controlling womens choice and favoring the corporate oligarchy over a fair living minimum wage.

That's the difference....
edit on 2-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: yuppa

But at least the democrats pay lip service to the American working man and support women.

The GOP makes no excuses for pandering to the top 10% of the wealthy elite, with their "trickle down" economic policies, old men controlling womens choice and favoring the corporate oligarchy over a fair living minimum wage.

That's the difference....

Lip service thats true. ANd that sall they dont ever do anything to help the workers in reality if they are in a job they do not think is green or panders enough.

Since when did th parties flip? dems used to be big corp. they also used to vote to keep women out of polotics too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join