It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growth down and Gas prices up under Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Obama got to blame Bush for 6 1/2 years...for near zero growth in the economy, and a doubling of the national debt.

Surely Trump should be allowed to blame Obama for at least 100 days. Fair is fair.

Once Obamacare is rolled back, Tax Reform is implemented (including the repatriation of $3-4 trillion), Trade imbalances corrected, and infrastructure spending kicks in...GDP growth is going to rocket up.

Patience my never-Trump friends, patience.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

So what's the hold with one party majority and president?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Obama care will remain but the name will change. The insurance companies love health care just the way it is.

The Trump administration won't be a friend of the American working man with trickle down, supply side economic policies; they are designed to favor the corporate oligarchy.

edit on 30-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Gas prices are still too low for West Texas to make a living. The artificial reduction in fuel costs in the US maintains a depressed ecnomy in West Texas (and several other reasons).

THe majority of oil produced in the US is sweet light crude. None of our refineries can handle it, as we are set up to refine sour. So we buy from Mexico, Venezuela, and Canada. We have a few sour oil plays that get cycled into our refineries.

The world of oil and gas prices is a sham. How much do we pay for natural gas? Yesterday on my way in to Odessa I saw upwards of 3 dozen stacks burning it off from well sites along the countryside near the interstate. It blows my mind it isn't captured and monetized.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The world of oil and gas prices is a sham. How much do we pay for natural gas? Yesterday on my way in to Odessa I saw upwards of 3 dozen stacks burning it off from well sites along the countryside near the interstate. It blows my mind it isn't captured and monetized.

Same here up in the four corners and my leases in the panhandle of Texas are flat. It's astonishing that one of the big power plants on the Rez still burns coal as they burn off natural gas less than a mile away.

Think Trump is going to bring "supply and demand" and stop speculation? Might be prudent o learn how to play the Trader game and dump investing. I have....

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I prefer real property as an investment strategy. Its only a return with sweat equity, but even if nothing else, its a hedge against inflationary rot.

I don't have the nerves for trading.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
And gas prices are higher because the quality of gasoline has gone up. Significantly.

My lawn mower won't run ... due to ethanol. I guess that'll stimulate the ol' economy, eh? LOL

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
People still perpetuating the "free market," myth.

We don't have a free market, guys and girls. If we had a free market, the term "too big to fail," would have no relevance.

Get a grip.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale
Obama got to blame Bush for 6 1/2 years...for near zero growth in the economy, and a doubling of the national debt.

Surely Trump should be allowed to blame Obama for at least 100 days. Fair is fair.

Once Obamacare is rolled back, Tax Reform is implemented (including the repatriation of $3-4 trillion), Trade imbalances corrected, and infrastructure spending kicks in...GDP growth is going to rocket up.

Patience my never-Trump friends, patience.

Sure, if your idea of fair is acting like an eleven year old child screaming "well he did it first!?!"

Just the way I like to see the federal government ran. Let's just blame the other guys - it's always their fault!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Free market works if there is perfect information to supply and demand. There isn't. Supply is always more than demand. Out of every 10 cars built, only 7 or 8 can be sold. That's why free market cannot work in the US.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Gas was $3.00 a gallon today. Soon to rise because Governor Brown just signed a bill to increase taxes at the pump last Friday. I thought the price spike was because of that, but Brown's tax hasn't come into effect yet.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

im paying 2.14 locally, 2.19 in Belton, TX.

I got lazy and paid 2.27 a few days ago, but that was near an interstate and not a normal price.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Byrd

You mean the free market is at work?

Not one single American wants to pick grapes for 5$ an hour.

Prices wilp go up, people will get paid more to do the job and the free market will work.

From what I've read, Americans are not used to that kind of physical labor and can't keep up. I know that there is no way that I could work in the fields, no matter how much money it was.

And I'm not sure that modern Americans want the job of "field hand" for themselves or their kids, even if they were up to the labor. At one time, this kind of low-education manual labor was a strong job field. But nowadays, I don't think this is true. And a free market would import willing labor from other places in order to get the job done.

One could, I suppose, make it a closed system by locking down the borders and not allowing anyone in or out. But the fact still remains that field work is hard labor and not many are eager to do hard labor or have the capicity for it.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: windword

im paying 2.14 locally, 2.19 in Belton, TX.

I got lazy and paid 2.27 a few days ago, but that was near an interstate and not a normal price.

OMG! Belton! I went to college there (UMH-B) a lifetime ago!

I think gas is in the $2.17-$2.30 here in Dallas.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

So what's the hold with one party majority and president?

They are republicans in name but its anything but one party.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

But they promised if they were given the states, the house, the senate, the presidency, the supreme court, they would get it done. Still need more?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well, in spite of all the praise and rhetoric we hear about Trump from true believers, not only is his administration a mess, but he hasn't don't much good for the economy yet either. GDP growth is down

and gas prices are up.Text

And a ton of jobs are probably going to be lost in the government once he gets his budget passed which is definitely going to hurt the economy as well. Then there's his brilliant plan to raise interest rates which will make the banks a ton of money but hurt all the rest of us and decrease spending on homes and cars.

I thought Trump was supposed to be good for the economy? Why the hell did people vote for him in the first place?

www.marketwatch.com...

time.com...

www.theguardian.com...

Gas is $1.99 for regular here in The big Turkey (Albuquerque). I guess "gas going up " is subjective.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

But they promised if they were given the states, the house, the senate, the presidency, the supreme court, they would get it done. Still need more?

You not grasping what I am saying. there are parties within parties. the freedom caucus for one is a example. Its the same reason Obama coudnt pass anything his first term.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

They just wanted to power grab and do what with it, if they can't agree on budgets and laws. Their main functions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join