It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growth down and Gas prices up under Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I also noticed that gas prices are up around 20% and rising! The Obama Administration kept oil prices down to cripple ISIS and sanction Russia, if I remember correctly. Of course Trump reversed almost all of the Obama Administration policies.
I've noticed fruits and vegetable prices are climbing as well. I'm not looking forward to the Trump Administration's Farm Bill!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
In 100 days!?!? Give me a break, obummers leftovers!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The president should have no control over the economy.

The fact that he does tells you exactly what's wrong with out country right now.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Yeah, the entire GDP is based on the stock market. Nice try defending Herr Trump.

Three posts in an it's a Hitler reference ?

This is going to be a long 8 years for you.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Better not ever cut back on government spending. That would be a disaster!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
I've noticed fruits and vegetable prices are climbing as well. I'm not looking forward to the Trump Administration's Farm Bill!

Expect them to rise. Even Eric Trump is having trouble finding workers to pick the grapes at his vineyard and I saw another report about a farmer whose crops were rotting in the fields because Mexican laborers (even legal ones) are afraid to show up and work for fear of being caught by Immigration.

While these stories are small and mostly at the local anecdotal stage, I suspect we'll hear a lot more about them in the months to come. Robots have been proposed, of course, but developing them takes time and some crops simply can't be picked by robots (telling the difference between ripe and almost-ripe is difficult and when you have multiple fruits in multiple places on a plant, programming a robot to get 'just the ripe ones' is extremely exensive.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Um his administration isn't a mess.

And gas prices are higher because the quality of gasoline has gone up. Significantly.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

and I saw another report about a farmer whose crops were rotting in the fields because Mexican laborers (even legal ones) are afraid to show up and work for fear of being caught by Immigration.

What kind of produce was it, and where?

You might be shocked at how much typical produce typically gets left to rot in the field, having nothing to do with immigrant shortages.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

It has nothing to do with economy

GDP is not the stock market , it has everything to do with the economy.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Why would legal immigrants worry about getting caught?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It's the booby traps set up by the last Administration.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

About time to vote for democrats so they can be blamed.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

.... for raising taxes on gasoline.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I also noticed that gas prices are up around 20% and rising! The Obama Administration kept oil prices down to cripple ISIS and sanction Russia, if I remember correctly. Of course Trump reversed almost all of the Obama Administration policies.

wow, it must suck ass where you live.

Where I live gas is still around $2.20 a gal, and it's been that way for quite a while now.

You should move to a nice quiet place like Venezuela.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328This Post sounds like the weatherman's report on the radio. Open the window and look outside to get the full picture on what's going on. I read this string of post and but I guess the OP just relies on the 3 sources for information.

Gasoline was covered pretty well, but the oil hikes is on the Saudi's and OPEC, first they wanted to drive the US oil out of production by flooding the market with oil, it worked for a while but they soon found themselves loosening tons of money, then they decided to have all OPEC countries cut production which should of made price rise, but US oil companies filled the shortage.

You claim his administration is a mess, its a little hard to judge an administration if they are just finally after 100 days getting everyone confirmed.

Not much good for the economy, could be a true statement but the effects of his policy's won't be felt in the economy for a few more months, but what has shown so far and I don't know about you but my 401K had a great gain this last quarter.

The GDP is down you say, well the latest numbers out as of April 20th show the GDP at a 4.54 and rising, 1st quarter results will be in July.

Government Jobs come and go, with 23 million employed but the government VS only 12.3 Million Manufacturing sector I think we can shed some fat, besides how many of those that are going to loose there jobs will end up retiring , moving to anther part of the government or work at a place that none of us heard of, or is just a waste of federal money.

Raising interest rates, goes hand and hand with the economy, the economy does good the rates go up, I don't mind that to much as long as they are not crazy, the US PRIM RATE, is at 4%, that don't hurt us its all the banks that squeeze even more out of us when we take out loans, credit cars ect,

Give it time if things are not any better in 4 years we elect another person that we all can complain about again.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: MOMof3

.... for raising taxes on gasoline.

Not according to Fox Business:
"Industry analyst Trilby Lundberg said Sunday that increased oil prices and the U.S. missile strike on a Syrian air base contributed to the rise.

She says that unless oil prices retreat quickly, consumers should expect gasoline prices to climb a few more cents."
www.foxbusiness.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Regular gas is 7¢ lower now than this time last year and that's with the "summer blend".

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

You mean the free market is at work?

Not one single American wants to pick grapes for 5$ an hour.

Prices wilp go up, people will get paid more to do the job and the free market will work.
edit on 30-4-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Well, in spite of all the praise and rhetoric we hear about Trump from true believers, not only is his administration a mess, but he hasn't don't much good for the economy yet either. GDP growth is down and gas prices are up. And a ton of jobs are probably going to be lost in the government once he gets his budget passed which is definitely going to hurt the economy as well. Then there's his brilliant plan to raise interest rates which will make the banks a ton of money but hurt all the rest of us and decrease spending on homes and cars.

I thought Trump was supposed to be good for the economy? Why the hell did people vote for him in the first place?

www.marketwatch.com...

time.com...

www.theguardian.com...
Why??? Hillary...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

What was wrong with the other 16 GOP contenders? They were at least decent human beings.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join