It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says trips to New York City cost the US too much

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: SBMcG

Obama and Trump have little perspective on costs and what constitutes wasted money. They are very wealthy, and are only going to get wealthier.

They fail to realize how long an average citizen would have to work to earn a million $. And frankly don't care.

irrelevant. The President of the United States has the same rights to freedom of movement as you and I. The cost of that travel is just the cost of doing national business.

I loathed Obama's politics, but I never begrudged him his golf outings because he had the most important job in the world and if playing a little golf kept him loose -- hey, money well-spent.

I want the president to travel. I want him or her to represent the USA with the full grandeur and glory this great nation deserves. I want to see foreign leaders groveling to the POTUS with Air Force One in the background.

I actually feel bad that Trump feels any guilt at all about simply going home just because he's worried about inconveniencing people and tying up traffic for a couple hours.

edit on 30-4-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

I actually feel bad that Trump feels any guilt at all about simply going home just because he's worried about inconveniencing people and tying up traffic for a couple hours.

Do you really believe that Trump feels guilty about going home? I mean he is a notorious liar, better still it's possible that in his mind, saying about New York in such a way, deflects from his Florida visits, which have already racked up approaching $25million so far, well into a fifth of Obamas expenses of $97million over eight years for instance. There is a time factor too, so far about a quarter of his Presidential time so far. I think it's fair enough that people should be aware of what he is doing that can be made public. His visit to meet the Queen late this year should be interesting though..Yes, he is meeting her in Aberdeenshire..where his golf course is, you'll know the one, where he is still trying to get a few old folk thrown off their land.
Maybe a word in her ear will do the trick...I don't think.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
What does it cost to secure the president at the white house. Including street closures, restricted airspace and everything. I see this argument all the time but no one brings up how much it costs to secure the president in the nations capital.

A hundred acre golf course in Florida seems like it would be cheaper and easier to secure rather than the urban nations capital or new york city. Idk I'd like to see the numbers on DC.

<< 1  2   >>

join