It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside North Korea's Death Camps

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

"Lim Hye-jin still shivers at the memory of two brothers who managed to escape briefly from her massive concentration camp in the mountains of North Korea. Seven family members were killed on the spot in revenge. Scores more prisoners were savagely beaten as collective punishment for the breakout.

Several weeks later, guards and inmates were ordered to gather as the pair – their bodies battered from torture – were dragged back behind the barbed wire. They had been caught in China and returned to the repressive regime.

'The two brothers were beheaded in front of everyone,' said Lim. 'They called everyone to watch as a warning not to flee. The other prisoners then had to throw stones at them.'

Lin k

Let's begin

We were manipulated not to feel any sympathy for prisoners,' she said. 'We were told they had committed terrible crimes. Now I know they were normal people so I feel very guilty.'

Few have escaped these hidden hellholes, modelled on Stalin's gulags and compared to those run by the Nazis. Even children are incarcerated for life, along with parents and grandparents, under rules that punish three generations for perceived dissidence.

Building a dynasty?

Guards, brought up in a system that deifies the Kim dynasty, were given brainwashing sessions twice a week and told not to see prisoners as humans. 'Even if a guard was driving and ran over a child, there would not be real punishment,' she said.

Hell on Earth

One defector told me he was the only one of 5,000 children to escape his camp, which held close to 50,000 people. Many prisoners are stunted and deformed by hunger and back-breaking labour in freezing forests and deep mines. Former inmates told me of living in fear of constant beatings, of injured people dumped to die in the snow, of hundreds sealed beneath ground after mining accidents, of rotting corpses piled beside huts, of catching snakes to survive deadly starvation.

Oh nothing to see here folks

One survivor told me of frequent accidents in quarries and mines as exhausted inmates worked round the clock. 'On one occasion, 300 people lost their lives in a gas explosion. The guards just closed off the tunnels with others trapped inside to stop the fires and gas spreading.'

Yeah..

Lim said male guards abused women in camps by having what they called 'affairs' with them. 'It was basically rape because prisoners did not have the right to say no.'

If women became pregnant, they had to have abortions or were killed by lethal injection, and if pregnancy was too advanced, babies were beaten to death or buried alive.

A scene straight out of a movie we've all seen before

Prisoners work seven days a week, are woken at 5am and spend up to 16 hours slaving away in fields and factories before evening 're-education' sessions at which they might be made to memorise official edicts. Failure means being kept awake all night.

Inhumane Society

Lim said even after death, prisoners were denied humanity. 'All the bodies were piled up to one side. There was no respect, no funeral process. After a week the corpses would be burned.'

Wearing ragged ex-army uniforms and sandals made from tyres, inmates suffer starvation, surviving on meagre rations of corn and salt. Yet anyone caught taking food from fields or orchards faces a lethal beating or being locked in an underground cell too small to stand in.

According to Kang

When I arrived it was like a scene from a horror movie,' said Kang Chol Hwan, sent to Yodok concentration camp aged nine after his grandfather was accused of sedition. 'I once watched a film about Auschwitz and I could relate so much to the situation.' He was always hungry during a decade in the camp. Many inmates die from malnutrition in the first few months. 'We were never given protein so we would catch snakes, rats, even insects.'

According to Jung

Jung Gwang Il spent three years in Yodok after being arrested for alleged spying. He was so badly tortured even before entry he could only crawl in on his hands and knees, having lost half his body weight after months held in stress positions. 'It was a living hell. All the people were suffering from malnutrition. They did not look like human beings,' he said.

I almost excerpted the entire article because every paragraph I read was so harrowing, I felt I needed to highlight it all. This is modern day Nazi Germany, but Trump is Hitler right?
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sat Apr 29 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quotes

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think if Noth Korea is liberated we will find horrors not seen since WW2.
edit on 29-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

We Americans used to think that things like this only happened in Hell. It's past time that something be done to stop this madness even if it means putting them out of their misery by nuking the whole country.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

What the # is it with you stupid Americans and nuking things?

North Korea can be defeated without the use of nukes

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have no words.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Do you really have to ask ^^^

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does, I'd only feel sympathy for the innocent lives.

A bullet right to Lil Kim's temple should suffice.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
My wife and I were talking about these camps yesterday. Given the state of propaganda as it is these days I'm not 100% sure I believe they exist. I'm not saying they don't but I'm not sure.

Supposedly North Korea has had these for a long time so why hasn't anyone from anywhere ever done anything?

Could it be that the world uses North Korea as a place to send their undesirables? Remember how Australia was a prison country once, now it's not so a new one would be needed. North Korea would be perfect for that...

Just a thought. I still think if these were real then there is a reason the international community hasn't taken action.

ETA: I'm an American and I do not support war with North Korea, definitely not using a nuke ever unless it's in defense and there is literally no other viable option.
edit on 29-4-2017 by Noncents because: No War!

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Political propoganda to justify a war, it's been going on for many decades but now the US are saber rattling they want to pick at our conscience.
Didn't care before?
Why suddenly care now, why start caring when you never have before OP?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Hey man don't shoot the messenger, I just stumbled on this article and wanted to share it.
edit on 29-4-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

I think it's real. I've seen countless documentaries and videos of inside looks of North Korea in general, and all the "propaganda" we hear about is definitely real. I haven't seen proof of the camps, but if everything else is real, why would this?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Calm down now. I merely implied using nukes as one option to solve the problem of what goes on in NK. Start reading all the words in a post before making judgement.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Political propoganda to justify a war, it's been going on for many decades but now the US are saber rattling they want to pick at our conscience.
Didn't care before?

This is not new or propaganda .

Information about these camps has been gathered over decades from escapes and defectors and there acounts all tally up rather than conflict, they all tell the same story.

You can even see the detention centers on Google earth.
edit on 29-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This is fake.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Yea I don't know why people think this is all propaganda, I've seen lots of evidence with my own eyes that North Korea is exactly what it appears to be.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Information has been gathered from multiple witnesses who storys all are the same.

Why hasn't the international taken action?

Because:
1) North Korea has no Oil
2) Dip#s as you can see on this thread already want to deny the truth and evidence so they can feel free of guilt.

Many groups however like amnesty international do protest.

Peoples refused to believe the holocaust was happening until the camps where liberated.

Hell we had genocides going on constantly in the 90's from yugoslavia to Rwanda and the world did #.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Didn't care before?

This is not knew or propaganda .

Information about these camps has been gathered over decades from escapes and defectors and there acounts all tally up rather than conflict, they all tell the same story.

You can even see the detention centers on Google earth.

You can see our detention centers too, where people mysteriously hang themselves, get murdered. raped. rekt, or anything else you can think of that's horrific. Totally though lets focus on some far off country unrelated to our interests in anyway. Maybe it will keep our minds off how bad things are here aye?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Yea I don't know why people think this is all propaganda, I've seen lots of evidence with my own eyes that North Korea is exactly what it appears to be.

This isnt the CIA claming babies being thrown out of incubators right before a war.

Lots of independent organisations have been involved in gaining evidence and witness acounts over decades.

But denying the truth is easier than doing something about it. People did it in WW2.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
This is fake.

I suppose the holocaust was fake too?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 29-4-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join