It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, it was fun while it lasted...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: neutronflux

First of all --- they haven't. As a matter of fact they are not even able to successfully launch an ICBM in a test scenario. Long way to go to get that nuke designed to successfully mount. And let's say they did. And let's say they launched. And let's say all our anti-missile technology fails. And let's say one or more successfully detonate on U.S. soil. What would happen next?

All interested parties (NK, China, Russia, Japan, SK, Philippines) have been told that if NK launches at the US (also likely including our allies), we will respond with overwhelming force leaving no gov't or Kim private asset standing.

Nuclear warheads only work on ICBMs? Only work off missile platforms for that matter?

I thought the drift of this thread was NK wasn't even a threat to the region? Thanks for underlining how flawed the logic of the opening statement of this thread is!

NORTH KOREA PROBABLY CAN’T STRIKE THE US YET—BUT IT’S STILL PLENTY SCARY

www.wired.com...

Experts think the radius within which North Korea could reliably target includes South Korea, Japan, and possibly Guam and parts of China and Russia.

North Korea's Threats Revitalize Preemptive Strike Debate In Japan

www.forbes.com...

North Korea fired four missiles simultaneously just last month, and three of them landed in what Japan claims as its exclusive economic zone. In fact, the government announced that it was the closest ever splashdown to Japan’s mainland to date. The North Korean regime is poised to carry out yet another nuclear test. Taken together, these circumstances represent what Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has called a “new level of threat” that demands clarity on preemptive strikes by and in defense of Japan.

Some of Japan’s most prominent national security space advocates are leading the charge on the preemptive strike front, and are gaining ground particularly in light of North Korea’s recent actions. One of them, Hiroshi Imazu, who chairs the Research Commission on Security for the LDP, recently gave the Prime Minister a proposal to bolster BMD. But many see the actual protection from BMD for the Japanese homeland as a grand and ever more expensive fiction, tilting Japan toward supplementing it with preemptive strike options.

Would you be willing to bet the safety of your city's safety on NK's sanity and goodwill. Especially as the world seems to sit idlely by?

My original point was.... Germany was defeated, stripped of its military capabilities, limited in its military might by law, and contained. How did Hitler cause so much death and destruction. Europe bent over backwards in an attempt to stay out of WWII?

edit on 6-5-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed this and that

edit on 6-5-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed a bit more

edit on 6-5-2017 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2017 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
North Korea is contained? Yet, I found by research that NK is seeing how close they can splash down missles off the Japanese coast. Just one instance of a NK missile failed guidance system sending a conventional missile into Japan?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Remember when I said North Korea was an international problem?

What is your stance now?

National Security
A North Korean ship was seized off Egypt with a huge cache of weapons destined for a surprising buyer

www.washingtonpost.com... -buyer/2017/10/01/d9a4e06e-a46d-11e7-b14f-f41773cd5a14_story.html?utm_term=.a2d61d33bea8

Armed with this tip, customs agents were waiting when the ship entered Egyptian waters. They swarmed the vessel and discovered, concealed under bins of iron ore, a cache of more than 30,000 rocket-propelled grenades. It was, as a United Nations report later concluded, the “largest seizure of ammunition in the history of sanctions against the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.”

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

So how many weapons do they get to sell there versus US and everybody else?

Okay, fine, I'll throw you a bone: NK is an international problem, and so are we and all the others gun running nation states out there. Humans are an international problem!

edit on 1-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

And still no reply to...

North Korea is contained? Yet, I found by research that NK is seeing how close they can splash down missles off the Japanese coast. Just one instance of a NK missile failed guidance system sending a conventional missile into Japan?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Does Japan not have the tech, industrial power, military equipment, economy, and numbers of population to spank NK if that's what they got to do?

What wouldnt you use as an excuse to try to get a million people blown up over there?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I thought your arguments were, it was a local problem, North Korea was contained, and this was just Trump saber rattling?

I guess the UN thinks North Korea is a threat?
edit on 1-10-2017 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Japan isnt in their local region?

So if the UN agrees something should happen then we finally get our excuse. Just like in Iraq. Wait, the UN didnt really want US to go in that time. But whatever you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Not going to play.

Your stance was,

One, North Korea was contained. Yet selling weapons internationally. Launching missiles across Japan. Threatening an attack on Guam. Which is a USA territory.

Two, North Korea only a local problem. See one.

Three, Trump was saber rattling by making a stand against threats to the USA and working with the international community to limit North Korea through financial and diplomatic initiatives.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
a reply to: Plotus

"Hear me, fellow outsiders / purveyors of sanity, the battle to take down the Two Party System must begin now."

Look at the Supreme Court.... there are 9 Justices ? It avoids a tie and with the 9th and last vote, some serious scrutiny is employed. The two party has become a Bane.

So let's write an amendment to fund permanently a third party. If more choice is the answer, let's fund three more. Why stop there?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

If we can sell weapons internationally then why cant they?

I mean how hard is this hypocrisy stuff to overcomb?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

"Hear me, fellow outsiders / purveyors of sanity, the battle to take down the Two Party System must begin now."

Look at the Supreme Court.... there are 9 Justices ? It avoids a tie and with the 9th and last vote, some serious scrutiny is employed. The two party has become a Bane.

So let's write an amendment to fund permanently a third party. If more choice is the answer, let's fund three more. Why stop there?

Sounds good, although my gut tells me that either 5 or 7 would be the sweet spot numbers. We dont want 42 party's they tried that in 1920's Germany and oh noes.
edit on 1-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If we can sell weapons internationally then why cant they?

I mean how hard is this hypocrisy stuff to overcomb?

I don’t know, ask the UN. Doesn’t it have something to do with sanctions in that North Korea threatens nuclear war, is involved with criminal activity, and violates stipulations the rest of the world has imposed to pursue responsible nuclear technology.

Is this a false statement?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Is this your stance or not?

Your stance was,

One, North Korea was contained. Yet selling weapons internationally. Launching missiles across Japan. Threatening an attack on Guam. Which is a USA territory.

Two, North Korea only a local problem. See one.

Three, Trump was saber rattling by making a stand against threats to the USA and working with the international community to limit North Korea through financial and diplomatic initiatives.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

The problem is political corruption. And both parties have abandoned the normal person in pursuit of campaign donations. Is that a false statement.

How does a third party solve that problem? How do you police the thrird party so they are a solution, not another entity that becomes corrupt?

The fact the Hilarity is not in jail shows it’s a justice and corruption problem. Not a political problem.
edit on 2-10-2017 by neutronflux because: Added

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
What dictates there is only two political parties in the USA? The constitution?

Funny, google USA political parties, and you get more than two.......

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Awesome post agreed

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join