It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, it was fun while it lasted...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It's true, the South Koreans are not at all concerned about this, just more annoyed that we (the US) keep meddling. My wife is Korean, with all of her family there. We've asked them if everything is alright, half the time they don't know what's going going on, or even care. The just wish we would stop the idiocy and nonsense. They don't want our troops there.

It seems that anytime a new US Prez is elected, the NK melodrama ramps up all over again. I remember back when Bush Junior got elected, he put those 'scary monsters' on the axis of evil list and it felt like we could go to war (thanks to the media's warmongering). But we never came close.

Most of what we ever see about NK is fake anyway. Their supermarkets, their weapons, their nuclear strength. NK is a propaganda tool, that's it. I don't think they actually want to blow up the South Koreans, and the South Koreans in a lot of way sympathize with them. They are, after all, related. And it must be realized, like the OP has said, that if NK ever tried such a thing they'd be completely wiped off the map. Pure suicide.

The problem is the military has, for maybe the first time in a while, a true idiot running the oval office. What this means is this idiot can be easily persuaded to take actions, or switch his policies, that more informed leaders might balk on. For instance, unnessarily sending an aircraft carrier group over to the Korean peninsula...
edit on 30-4-2017 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The experts here are foolish with what they FEEL.
The Pentagon is in charge of combat decisions, NOT Trump and THANK GOD not that PRIOR Traitor or that loon the DNC propped up.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So, lets be clear on something. You state that the United States should become totally passive and bring home all our troops around the world, vacate all US bases and mind "our own damned business." Correct? Because we're "global tyrants" and we are the most rogue nation in the world. Correct? So, by doing this, the odds are very slim that the United States would be targeted and attacked by anyone. Correct?

You're entitled to your opinion, but I believe passivity by the United States would encourage other nations (including terrorists) to attack us. After all, like you said, we no longer are the good guys. If our enemies believe we are no longer a threat, they'll strike. You're naive if you don't think this would not happen. You think Russia wouldn't take advantage of the United States becoming a passive country? Kim Jung-un? How about Al Qaeda or ISIS? You think these groups aren't threats? You live in a fantasy world if you believe "doomsday" and world "hate" will suddenly go away if the US brings home all its troops and buries its head in the sand.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Cant you grasp the concept of all of our "enemies" are fabrications? How often does Russia get "attacked"? Hell, they aren't even saints so perfect example. That's one example. How about China? They get attacked all the time? Are they losing sleep over any of this kind of drama?

It's pretty simple logic: dont mess with people and they wont HATE you. Dont subvert, destabilize people, and they wont become DESPERATE enough to do whatever it takes to fire back. It's called the cycle of violence / blowback... and PLEASE name one example in your lifetime where we weren't the instigators.

Would 9/11 have happened if not for meddling? NOPE! Would there be ISIS without meddling? NOPE! Would there be have been Saddam Hussein if not for our meddling? NOPE! The Iraq/Iran War? NOPE! The Islamic Uprising in Iran? NOPE! From Afghanistan? NOPE! Syria? NOPE!

Those borders, the map, those nations only even exist because of our meddling. They only became hostile states because of our meddling. Islam was only radicalized because of our meddling. The Middle East is only a warzone because of our meddling. Islam set about conquering the EU because of our meddling. And on and on it goes.

And this example set hasn't even ventured out of the mainstream history sort of narrative. It's just plain truth; not even controversial statements. It's only downhill from there when we open up each of those examples.

Even if somehow your position were rational, and just, we simply cant afford to go on like this:
www.usdebtclock.org...
And that's without WMD attacks. Keep bullying the world and they're just inevitable, the more you do it the sooner it will come and the more grand the spectacle (and more devastating to our economy).
edit on 30-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

So? You are saying the actions of North Korea never puts South Korea on military alert?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Never said that.

How are their little petty pissing match border skirmishes our business?

Yawn.

Show us some polls where South Koreans want a war.
edit on 30-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

False logic. Because people don't want war does not indicate concern and willingness to defend themselves.

South Korea's desire for peace doesn't mean they don't see North Korea as a threat.

Title: South Korea on heightened alert amid concerns over new North Korea nuke test.
www.globalnews.ca...

South Korea said on Friday it was on heightened alert ahead of another important anniversary in North Korea, with a large concentration of military hardware amassed on both sides of the border amid concerns about a new nuclear test by Pyongyang.

Title: South Korean UN ambassador addresses U.S. tensions with North Korea
thebrownandwhite.com...

Amid growing tensions between the United States and North Korea, Choong-hee Hahn, the South Korean ambassador to the United Nations, addressed the Lehigh community Tuesday evening in STEPS. When sharing his thoughts about South Korea’s northern neighbors, Hahn did not hold back.

Hahn said the continuation of strong sanctions from the United Nations is vitally important to keep North Korea in line, calling it “the only justifiable way” to inflict pressure on North Korea with the hope it can change its course. The sanctions placed on North Korea last year were the harshest in United Nations’ history.

Hahn said he is critical of North Korea’s reliance on military technologies. He said the country focuses too much on military capabilities and not enough on its own people.

He said he also criticized North Korea’s use of false aggression from the United States to give its people a sense of urgency and nationalism that is then used to consolidate power within the central government.

“There is no hostile policy of the United States toward North Korea,” Hahn said.

edit on 30-4-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed typo

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Are you saying South Korea has not proven it will engage in combat with North Korea to protect its interests?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I never said they dont have beef.

Yet the 2015 poll I found only 41% of SK's even consider him their "enemy".

But do go on and prove they have border skirmishes in their enduring pissing match. We all know that part.

The part you guys dont like to address is how US meddling there only inflames the situation (meaning more border skirmishes etc). And you cant seem to address how come SK "NEEDS" US to hold their hand? If they invaded SK fine, we'll be there, but this idea we have to be there instigating the ordeal is insanity.

Please read the thread. Lots of stuff for you to address!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Are you saying South Korea has not proven it will engage in combat with North Korea to protect its interests?

Why would I say that?

OF COURSE THEY WILL!

Meaning they can handle the troll / pest themselves. They have more money & industry (therefore more ability to handle war). As I already said, if you'd read the thread/

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Sorry miss read
edit on 30-4-2017 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Funny, somebody that is not a threat places the country on military alert?

Can you please link to the study again if I missed it?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

It's earlier in the thread. I quoted myself from my other thread the other night. Also read the top post on this very page. And there's more in the thread that supports my position.

Your comment there, I've handled that sort of argument at least ten times in this thread now (including my last response). But you keep on like it never happened.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's earlier in the thread. I quoted myself from my other thread the other night. Also read the top post on this very page. And there's more in the thread that supports my position.

Your comment there, I've handled that sort of argument at least ten times in this thread now (including my last response). But you keep on like it never happened.

Sorry, didn't see the link?

Can you quote yourself from where you provided a link to the study?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I really don't know what to tell you? South Korea sees North Korea as a credible threat that requires engagement in combat, amassing of troops on the boarder, and bases military alerts off North Koreas actions.

You never answered what the USA and Australia has done to provoke threats of nuclear retaliation from North Korea. I quoted the South Korea ambassador to the UN that US has not threaten NK. In the context NK made unprovoked statements of nuclear war which pushed Trump into considering the options of the USA.

I provided a link to a documented that countries are hurt and concerned with North Korea's profit off the drug trade and other crime activities?

Not greatly covered. But NK is seen world wide as a rouge nation, not adhering to any international law over nuclear weapons, and engaged in crimes that violate international law.
edit on 30-4-2017 by neutronflux because: Fixed this and that

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Is NK a nuisance? Yes.

A pest? Yes.

And that's SK's problem. If you need it explained to you that US being involved inflames the situation, the history behind it, well you clearly haven't read into the thread. Nor do you have a very firm grip on the history involved to really take up such a position when the implications could trigger the makings of nuclear armageddon.

I already showed you how those "quotes" were a farce in terms of how those MSM articles were framing them. But keep digging.

INTERNATIONAL DRUG TRADE!?!?!?

I missed that part. Have never heard anything of that sort about NK. Nor does it stand up to reality. I mean like instantly that's an obvious farce.

You're really interested in geopolitics? Involving the draug trade? How about the real history of this nation, what this nation really is???
Begin here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
That should keep you busy all night.
I can guide you from there. Or are you not here for Truth; to learn stuff you wont hear on TV? If so I'm happy to help. If you're just here to stoke your fanaticism(s) then I cant help you, as you cant help those who dont want to be helped.
edit on 1-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
You would think we could wait until there has been something more than sabre rattling to condemn the republicans. I mean, so far Trump has not really bothered with north korea other than some intimidation. He's put that onus on the chinese in every interview I've watched.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Regarding Trump, if this is all merely hard bargaining, and it 'works', fine. But my 'job' is to go to where the insanity is the thickest, and take it head on, no matter how unpopular my positions, so I'm not waiting around to find out...

But there's the bigger issue of latest poll 53% of Americant's want a military intervention to happen (even though only 41% of South Korens even consider NK their "enemy" meaning far less actually want a WAR). One person herein, whom normally I appreciate, actually said he wants to see US drop nukes before an 'actual' war has even begun! So yeah, this sort of debate needs to be happening. BTW: I'm after the Neocon's and their imperialist insanity (which has seriously taken hold), not people whom happen to be of the general conservative philosophy (which isn't actually all about being the worlds "Team America"). The Republican Party, now that's another story. They need to be skewered relentlessly until they fall (along with the Democrat Party) or at least quit being the Neocon Party.
edit on 1-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
You would think we could wait until there has been something more than sabre rattling to condemn the republicans. I mean, so far Trump has not really bothered with north korea other than some intimidation. He's put that onus on the chinese in every interview I've watched.

He is deploying a carrier group and missile shield to the potential theater of war. He has convened a secret emergency meeting of Congress to discuss Korea. He seems to be actively provoking an armed response from the North Korean leadership. Please don't pretend you can't see what's coming.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

He is deploying a carrier group and missile shield to the potential theater of war. He has convened a secret emergency meeting of Congress to discuss Korea. He seems to be actively provoking an armed response from the North Korean leadership. Please don't pretend you can't see what's coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join