It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, it was fun while it lasted...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I was ready to vote libertarian ... until they nominated someone who wasn't libertarian.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You're allowing yourself to be influenced by the MSM. All much ado about nothing!

I keep saying over and over again NK is a far larger problem for China than they ever will be for the US! Let China deal with him. The way to fix NK is to just stop watering the "evil tree". That fat little skid-mark of humanity has no credit, no credibility and no allies. If people would stop being blinded by all the media hype about this little weasel they would see this.

There's absolutely no way China is going to let little fatso go off the rails, they will exterminate him and every single memory of his very existence if he tries to pull something like launching an attack on SK. Tens of TRILLIONS of dollars in commerce revenue to China hangs in the balance, there's no way they're going to let this little wet-fart control their destiny!

By acting like we're going to do something is playing right into his hands. Then he gets to play the "victim" with the big mean bully just drooling to kick his ass. We should just ignore the little puke entirely.

Oh, and one other thing...you can bet your bottom dollar that China has told this little ass-clown, point blank, in no uncertain terms they will turn him and a thousand generations of his kind into pink mist if he gets any bright ideas about launching an attack...on anyone!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Sounds more like you're underestimating the consequences of triggering a nuclear war, while hyperestimating the consequences of leaving them to shrivel up in their tipot kingdom.

If just having ballistic nukes meant he'd fire them on the US, then he already would have detonated on SK.

How doesn't this compute??

The fear is strong with US. Monsters lurking in every corner, under every bed; any state that doesn't acquiesce to our over arching international demands then they're all monsters MONSTERS I tell ya!

Everybody, its time to put your big boy pants on and quit shaking and shivering over doosh boy.

I think you may have misunderstood my post. I'm not saying we should fear Lil Kim, I'm saying that us downplaying as if he's all talk is probably not correct. No doubt the consequences of nuclear war is real and not in their favor, but that's not the point.

My point is all his flexing probably isn't just for show anymore and he's just waiting for a reason to use his toys.

The extend of the damage or lack thereof is irrelevant to my point.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Even Hitler might not have been as insane as all of this.

Forget the marbles. Wear this instead:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Perhaps people should put things into perspective regarding North Korea? How many foreign governments has North Korea overtly or covertly overthrown? Are they directly and indirectly supporting Al Qaeda and ISIS? Did they let Islamic radicals take over Libya? Did they launch tomahawk missiles at Syria over an obvious false flag chemical weapons attack? Did they mistakenly kill and wound 200 Syrian Army soldiers to allow ISIS to take a critical hill overlooking Deir ez-Zor military airport? Did they conveniently refuse to bomb ISIS's oil trade with Turkey to ensure they stay well funded and armed?

I could go on forever. No, North Korea did none of that. We did though.

I have not seen Kim Jong-un state he is going to start a war between North Korea and the United States. I have seen him say he will defend himself and his country using all his available military might. And why shouldn't he when being aggressed upon by a nation who has a track record of destroying foreign governments and supporting terrorism? Imagine if the roles were reversed and our country were the one being backed into a corner. I bet every single one of you would be for using every weapon at our military's disposal to defend against a massively aggressive and powerful nation.

Regardless of how Kim Jong-un conducts himself within his country it's up to the people he rules over to unite and defy him. This is not an affair the United States needs to involve itself with.

This is just my opinion but I feel that people are going to be surprised at the loyalty of the North Korean people and its military when and if we were to strike them first. The United States is banking on assassinating Kim Jong-un and hoping the rest of his military will lay down arms. I think it's naive to think that's how this will play out and when his army and people continue to resist it will show how so little we actually knew about this country before we invaded and how erroneous the propaganda was leading up to conflict. The only source that you can believe coming out of North Korea is unfortunately Dennis Rodman and after his trip he noted that Kim Jong-un just wants to have a discussion with someone from the United States government. Perhaps we should be doing that instead of lining up our naval fleet off their shore. Maybe we could save the lives of a million or more people with simple dialog.

I have seen warmongering all across the internet. Even on places like Infowars that used to call this kind of stuff out. Even they are all in on this narrative as well. I fear between North Korea and Syria we are on the verge of running headlong into another world war and for the wrong reasons.

edit on 30-4-2017 by Tenbatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I applaud you for trying to bring some rationality to this debate. Though I fear most people have their ears filled with too much partisan sand to hear what you're saying.

For some weird reason, the same people who call the media fake and nothing but liars have no problem believing them when they beat the war drums.

Seeing how people react to this is enough for me to know that fear is being used once again by the people in power (government, media) to coerce the population into supporting another needless war. I'm not sure if there is even any positive to this for our government other than being a global Trump #### measuring contest.

Just another rationalized conflict for us to feed each other into the meat grinder. And enrich the already rich back home. It's very clear at this point there is nothing different about this presidency.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The problem isn't the 2 party system, it's the Uniparty that controls both.
That's the real hand behind the curtain.
At the top of that hierarchy sits the bankers, many of whom are dual citizens.
I'll leave it to the reader to figure out the rest.
For the slow just learn about AIPAC.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

If we tabulated my arguments herein, and then yours, it'd be like if you were NK vs. me US!

Lil Kim in the face of such of a superior force goes on a tirade about undying resolve. You just throw marbles and a drama queen button.

GG

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I agreed with this when we were talking about Lil' Kim's father. There was absolutely no doubt he listened to China all the way, and we were all playing an elaborate game with each other that always ended the same way.

With Lil' Kim, I'm not as sure.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Who has Lil Kim attacked? We know his daddy did a plenty.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Who has Lil Kim attacked? We know his daddy did a plenty.

If he didn't have nukes, I'd be happy to wait for him to attack someone. If he wasn't firing off missiles that may or may not work each time and may or may not be tipped with a warhead each time, I'd be happy to let him be a chubby little despot of his own kingdom. I think we all would.

Look at Mugabe. Have we bothered him at all? He's arguably as bad or worse in his own way, but no one cares what he does.

You could say his nation has even more natural wealth potential than Lil' Kim's, so it would be a better investment if all we were after is wealth.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well at this point you would be fine having zero negative thought about Korea. The only thing is they have been firing missiles willy nilly and popping off nukes, threatening here and threatening there. Other than that.....

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Ok you are aware that Obama had same issues with NK? Obama ordered large scale joint SK/US war training ect ect.

Well you forget that.....and reading your posts with care I would say you are simply an anti right typical left sort ducking and weaving around so most cant see that.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

"Wealth" at Point B isn't needed for the titans of industrial warfare to generate wealth on our backs and our dime, it just helps sell public approval. When there isn't that then it becomes "we're dealing with another Hitler" kind of ratta tatt tatt for the Propaganda Machine.

This "crisis" is pure war propaganda generated by the Military Industrial Complex's grip of the Command & Control system we call "government" & "media" (see my other threads).

Ergo, South Korean's basically dont even care about the ordeal (see my other posts), yet you want to flirt with triggering a nuclear winter (see my other posts), when its none of our damn business what goes on over there anyhow (see my other posts).

What happened to not trusting he MSM? This is their game, and you're all being suckered by it (see my other posts).

edit on 30-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Are you aware I've posted dozens of threads the past 6 months (alone) crucifying Obama Hillary etc for all their American Imperialist BS? While half the liberals around here want to slit my throat worse than the Neocon's of old ever did for the rest of my rampage pointed mostly at them the past year.

The Imperial War Machine is forever my deal breaker no matter who might be catapulting my nation into never ending wars / subversion / etc of aggression.

If this wasn't the way of the land then "IIB" wouldn't even exist. And it isn't Our Way. "We're" everything the Founders rebelled against in 1776, meaning we're all the most wicked hypocrites that ever were. And I'll never stand for it. I want my Fourth of July celebration back.
edit on 30-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

That's about all rational individuals can do right now. If you can stand the right and left's snarling and gnashing of teeth at you about how "evil" you are for not participating in their circus, you're all good.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Trusting Neocon's?

Right. Iraq War anyone? Anyone, anyone, want another round in Iraq?

Asking a hammer if it should hit the nail is the scenario here.

How about we ask South Korean's what they think?? Anyone have a nice poll for us to reflect on here???

Here are some uboob videos made by the same guy.WARNING:these could be actors or are cherry picked by Big Boss. For what ever agenda he has or doesn't have.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This was an interesting watch.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

REALITY CHECK: NOBODY is EVER going to nuke US unless 'we' go around triggering nuclear wars. NOBODY could ever hope to survive hitting US with nukes, and therefore it will never happen unless we deserve it and they're desperate.

How do you know that this would never happen? I thought your opening post was interesting and you made many good points. However, this statement is ludicrous. I think the world was surprised, especially Americans, when Japan had the "balls" to attack America...amirite? I also think terrorists, given access to biological or nuclear devices, wouldn't hesitate to use them on us, because of their perverted religious beliefs. They would do this whether we deserved it or not...amirite?

I bookmarked an article because it did a great job explaining the dangers of terrorist organizations attacking America with weapons of mass destruction. I think a rogue country is dangerous and behaves like a "terrorist organization." It is unpredictable and will stop at nothing to satisfy it's own misguided agenda. If this is true, then how can you say it's impossible for a rogue country to launch a surprise nuclear attack on us, or any of our allies? Rogue: a country that pursues weapons of mass destruction, supports terrorism, severely abuses its own citizens, and stridently criticizes the United States. I think it's relevant to bring this article up, because the OP believes that if America stops behaving like a "global tyrant" and stops "flexing" its military might, no one would have reason to attack us or our allies.

To prevent the "sum of all fears" and to counter nuclear terrorism, the United States should: Expand its global intelligence network; Boost cooperation with law enforcement and intelligence communities around the world; Provide ample funding to and expand the Pro­liferation Security Initiative (PSI), a global effort that aims to stop shipments of WMD, their delivery systems, and related materials; Expand the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction Program; Neutralize those involved in WMD terrorist operations; Design a supporting public affairs component of the U.S. anti-terrorism policy; Launch a political warfare component via the intelligence community; and Consider instituting a monetary reward pro­gram for interception of proliferation opera­tions and nuclear terrorist activities.

..."neutralize those involved in WMD terrorist operations." Meaning: Neutralize your enemy before they ATTACK you!

That said, however, there is more than a theoreti­cal possibility that terrorists could buy a working warhead and deliver it to the U.S. in one of the mil­lions of shipping containers that enter the country without examination by U.S. Customs. Terrorists could also smuggle such a weapon through a porous land or maritime border, in addition to which they could smuggle components and assemble the weapon in the United States. In terms of who could execute such an attack, al-Qaeda, Hezballah, and Lashkar-e-Tayyiba each may have the necessary technical expertise and motivation to undertake it.

...and why couldn't a "rogue" country decide to do this against the United States? Oh yeah, they wouldn't if we just stop being a "global tyrant"

The United States and its allies have no alterna­tive but to combat and destroy these evildoers while preventing them from obtaining and using weapons of mass destruction.

...would you consider "rogue" countries that pursue developing weapons of mass destruction, supports terrorism and severely abuses its own citizens as "evildoers?"

ALL quoted content from this source:
www.heritage.org...

I hate war, I hate terrorism and I hate the fact that the United States churns its "military machine" which puts it's soldiers in danger. The world is a dangerous place, thanks to the actions of terrorist organizations and rogue nations, as well as the discrimination, violence and the senseless deaths caused by some religions. There's NO DOUBT that the United States have made some egregious blunders in past military operations. Iraq and Vietnam come to my mind firsthand. However, for someone to say that there's NO chance of a nuclear strike on American soil if 'we' don't go around triggering nuclear wars, is foolish. Terrorists and leaders of "rogue" nations DON'T act rationally. They could care less about the outcome and they're gambling that the US won't launch multiple WMD in retaliation because of the reaction from China or Russia. If the United States is implementing safeguards to prevent a nuclear strike from a terrorist cell, we should use these same safeguards to protect us from a surprise nuclear strike from a "rogue" country.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
How do you know that this would never happen?

Becauise it would be SUICIDE meaning the odds are very slim.

And then there's that pesky business of if we'd quit being global tyrants then the motivation to nuke US would wither away. What you're proposing is perpetually provoking the kind of hate it would take to activate such an agenda, and pushing scores of the world to the brink of desperation to actually go through with it. It all needs to stop.

Right now we deserve it, especially going by the logic of the warmongers.

I think the world was surprised, especially Americans, when Japan had the "balls" to attack America...amirite?

Ancient history, and it just so happens I used to watch History Channel all the time back in my TV days (where they love to mostly just do WW2 docu's of the days when we were still the good guys). Was it a shocker? To a geopoliticist it was long in the making, and inevitable. They just didn't have the Internet and cable news back then to keep their hair lit on fire 24/7.

I also think terrorists, given access to biological or nuclear devices, wouldn't hesitate to use them on us, because of their perverted religious beliefs. They would do this whether we deserved it or not...amirite?

Keep blowing up the world the way you insist and its inievitable no matter what you do. In fact, its a pretty clear picture: the more people you blow up the more people will be pissed then the even more people you'll have to blow up to "prevent" being attacked and now the more people you'll have wanting to attack you until eventually the whole world will rise up and mass attack, or someone will get off a popshot (as in that's all this discussion even is about a little popshot) and nobody will pity US foos.

I think a rogue country is dangerous and behaves like a "terrorist organization."

Then look in the mirror:
FACT: The US is the most rogue aggressor nation on the planet in decades, and employs the "REAL" terrorists like Al Qaeda.

That is true and until it changes we're total hypocrites for criticizing anyone else, and we these scenarios you've been spoon fed your whole life by the Neocon's/Neolib's we have all that and more coming to US and it MUST stop.

Now, if you could read the thread, you'd see these supposed "threats" posted in so far by NK are a farce, the people of SK don't want a war, and this whole doomsday could be averted if we'd just mind our own damned business.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join