It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, it was fun while it lasted...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I trust General Mattis.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I would say that he's annoying people ... until he isn't.

We are talking about someone who sent assassins after his half-brother James Bond style. He openly assassinates anyone in his regime who doesn't toady to him.

And the thing that worries me the most about his is that China so far has seemed to be on board with action against him. In the past, China hasn't been there. They've always been firmly with their hand on the leash indicating that the annoyances really were just annoyances.

But if China is going along on this venture ... it may mean no one has a check to balance Lil' Kim's crazy. And he does have nuclear devices. Only the government knows how effective, but he has them.

How long do you let an absolute ruler with no checks at all launch missiles that may or may not work and may or may not be armed with a warhead at any time because "he's just an annoyance"?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And that's our business how exactly?

What percentage of South Korean's want the war?

And how is that list any different than anything else?

Why aren't we invading China, Russia, Pakistan, Israel, etc??

Why aren't we invading ourselves if anything the sort of pragmatism is the directive here?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I trust General Mattis.

TRUST??

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

With the exception of Pakistan, all of those nations you list have stable governments with checks and balances on their leaders' ability to fire nukes.

South Korea wouldn't be our trouble ... except for those pesky treaties. The same goes for Japan.

Find me a large percentage of any nation, for that matter, that wants war.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I'll end this with this.

I have come to respect your judgment on issues.

I'm always open to new information.

I'm not going to give you a hard time about any of this.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
We should just let him annex S.Korea, maybe he will stop after that.

Let him get it out of his system.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Do you think it's possible that China is minimally supporting the U.S. taking action because the consequences in the U.S. would be beneficial to Chinese interests?

Another war would hurt us economically and China seems to enjoy playing the long game on maintaining the upper hand in regards to international trade.

Or, more dastardly, they want us to do something because they know it could be our downfall. This might be wrong but I think no country can take us on their own. But if we go after North Korea then everybody that wants us to fall could jump at the same time. And we would loose that fight, without question. We can't take everybody at the same time in a legitimate war especially while continuing our military operations elsewhere.

I'm just spitballing here but they could be playing us.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
As a libertarian, I sit on the side lines with my popcorn, watching the world burn .

Then, our time will come

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Could you please reduce your rant to one single paragraph, please? And please avoid using phrases like "SJW," as I always imagine it means "straight Jewish woman." Are you grousing because Trump is no longer spewing the nonsense that appealed to you?

link   
I will say this about the situation:

With Lil' Kim's father, you knew they would sabre rattle, but you also knew that China would call them back before they got too belligerent with anyone. China used them and then paid them off, so did we for that matter.

But with Lil' Kim, he's decided to pull a Cartman.

He's doing whatever he wants, and I don't think that China has any control over him. Reports of shortages in North Korea show that China is trying to reign him in, but it doesn't seem to be working.

And this is the person who is firing off random missiles that may or may not work, may or may not be tipped with warheads because he does what he wants.

If I felt like China still had influence over him, then I'd feel much better about things, but they don't seem to.

link   

I really don't agree with your post. I'm not being disrespectful. And I'm not being argumentative. I just think you have some delusions about the political parties in this country. Or, my way of seeing politics in this country is much more cynical than yours.

I think both parties are so close they are practically identical. Hillary wrote in her book she worked on Barry Goldwater's election campaign who was running as a Republican. Hillary is a Nixon Republican. She is NOT a liberal Democrat even though she won the nomination. You have to realize that a Democrat from Texas is further to the right than a Republican from New Jersey.

So let's begin with the cynicism. Politicians only represent lobbyists. Money talks voters don't matter. Since both parties are the same and they only listen to lobbyist what is the goal of the parties. The goal is not anything they claim is in their planks. Otherwise the Republicans would have made abortion illegal when they controlled all three branches of government 2002 through 2007. Both parties do absolutely NOTHING that will change the status quo. Wealth inequality is at ALL time highs and the lobbyist will not allow that to change anytime soon. So in terms of domestic policy, the goal is to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that will change the status quo. Take the ACA for example. The private insurance companies were enriched by it and they raise premiums 20% every year for the last five years straight. Sorry, but domestic policy is at a STAND STILL until further notice. Domestic policy may change in 2031 or 2032 after the 2030 census fixes the gerrymandering of the districts. Maybe change will happen in 2021 or 2022 after the 2020 census but I very much doubt it. Things will probably not be bad enough in 2020 to fix the gerrymandering.

Now lets consider foreign policy. The foreign policy of the United States is dictated by the Council of Foreign Relations (CFR). Yes, the neocons run the CFR. The CFR runs the US military. The president delegates most operation authority to regional commanders. Obama may have gave some okays along the way for big operations. But he didn't say no because he knew if he did there would be consequence. He just did whatever the CFR wanted which was told to him by the military upper command. So don't tell me Obama did war crimes. I am pretty convinced he was just a puppet. At some point will bomb Iran because bombing Iran is what the CFR wants. Iran is simply not a threat to anyone walking the streets of Newark New Jersey. It just isn't. So here is my prediction. The US will continue military operations full STEAM ahead. The US dropped 23,000 bombs on five predominately Muslim countries in 2015. And the US dropped 28,000 bombs on five predominately Muslim countries in 2016. My bet is 2017 we will have a new bombing record. Do you honestly think Donald Trump is approval each of the 28,000+ bombing missions going on right now? Of course not.

And finally, I want to say something about the "liberal media" the right loves to attack. You super smart geniuses on the right have to understand something about the media. Everyone on the left thinks the media has a "right wing bias". So how can both sides think the media favors the other side? I will tell you how. The media doesn't care at all about politics. People in the news media care about one thing. And that is making money. It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICAL IDEOLOGY. So what does it mean the media is only concerned with making money? It means the media will say absolutely anything and everything to hook people into listening so they can make money. They will take any story, flip, spin it, add a little spice to it based on 1/2 truths so the audience is enraged. Once the audience is enraged, they will watch the story and the media outlet makes money. News isn't truth. News isn't real. All news is fake. It's all designed to get you to watch it so they can make money. News is entertainment. That's ALL it is. It's all designed to get an emotion reaction out of the audience. The news has NOTHING to do with distributing facts about what is happening. NEWS IS A PRODUCT FOR CONSUMPTION.

So here is my prediction for the next 4 years. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will change. NOTHING. I guarantee you with 100% conviction the purchasing power of the median worker's wage will have equal or less purchasing power than it does now. The rich will be richer. The poor will be poorer. And the worker making the median wage will be driven deeper into a poverty wage.

I hope you Trump snowflakes with all your MAGA cheer-leading get what you want. But whatever that is, wealth inequality will be about the same. And will continue to drop bombs on Arabs just like it was done during the Obama years. Maybe just having a white male president makes MAGA a reality. So maybe we are already there! The West is the best!

edit on 29-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
As usual you're right.

Nothing else to say, S+F

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Maybe. I also think it's possible that they're looking to annex North Korea for themselves. Remember how Xi told Trump that Korea was once part of China? Koreans would dispute that, but remove Lil' Kim, annex the Norks. Then watch South Korea install a president who is much more friendly to China and communism ...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I would mostly agree with this which is why so little has been done on Trump's legislative agenda.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I can't argue with anything presented by the op.

In fact, I would like to add my two cents.

We must pay attention. All of these domestic social issues are a distraction from our disastrous foreign policy. It continues to slide because of the attention we give to the SJW crazies and their misguided shenanigans. The American people have just left our government on cruise control and haven't even attempted to guide it or hold it responsible for it's stupidity.

I don't want war, I know many across the spectral political construct don't want war.

Then we have groups like antifa and others intentionally sowing the seeds of discord only to add to the distraction.

We rise when we agree. Can't we all just agree that war is stupid?

edit on 29-4-2017 by Bobaganoosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That makes way too much sense. I could see China doing that and most of the world going along with it without batting an eye. North Korean freak-outs resolved. The Korean peninsula conflict resolved. China gains more resources and becomes a hero for 'liberating' the Korean natives.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

War is stupid.

But lets also recall something else ... as of now, this discussion is still very much hypothetical.

No one has yet gone to war over anything.

The situatation is very tense, but lets all hope this is as far as it goes. Maybe he'll put his missiles away and simmer down a bit.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You missed my jab about "invading ourselves".

We're the global tyrants, for over 50 years now, and we have the balls to criticize anyone else about their foreign policies / posturing / etc?

That's SJW grade hypocrisy, and forever a dealbreaker with me until serious changes are long in place.

Who hasn't pondered what must have been going through the minds of the folks fresh out of the fallen empires. Nazi era Germans, Imperial Japanese, etc, and here we're still living the dream right smack dab in the middle of it, and somehow we're super stoked about being the "last remaining superpower" (EVIL EMPIRE).
edit on 29-4-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

OK.

Let's say we do nothing and they fire off a nuke that smokes Honolulu? Or maybe they smoke Seoul? How about Tokyo?

What do we do then? Or would we only have some moral authority to act if they smoke Honolulu?

Let's say they hit Tokyo and vaporize a bunch of people and burn tens of thousands more. Do we have some moral imperative then to come try to help clean up the resulting disaster? Tend to the wounded and those dying of radiation poisoning, or should that be all on Japan's shoulders to do?

How about if they do that to Seoul, and then follow-up with an invasion? All South Korea's cross to bear then? Do we strand our guys on the border, or just pull them out and leave South Korea with no immediate means of defense against a North Korean army that is the only serious product of that nation?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join