It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming. It's snowing in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: Violater1

Albuquerque is at an altitude of over 5,000 feet, it gets about a foot of snow every year. What's the big deal?

If it hasn't been mentioned yet: Google "Weather vs. Climate" and calm yourself.

Albuquerque!?!?!?!? A foot of snow a YEAR!?!?!?!?!?? BraHahahahaaa ROFLMAO.
We barely get 2 inches a year!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: TonyS

Science in never settled. When you start to think science is settled, you are really thinking of a religious cult.

To say science is never settled seems, and I'm not judging, is an interesting disconnect between us. I realized their is some middle ground here, which is science can be settled at the very least. We are able to post here on the interwebz and communicate because of 'settled science.' It just seems the "never settled" remark is a bit over the top.
'
As far as cult, could the same not be said about people who give science zero or overly minimized credit? I don't know man, I think our choice of words should represent the rational parts of our minds as much as the emotional or extreme, and rational in this case is the fact that there is plenty of settled science in our world.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

This is prove that the liberal elite leftist communists are lying to us.

I demand for them to serve time in federal prisons for a) obstructionizing against President Trump and B) lying to the american People for serving there own agenda.

Outrageous.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Climate science is far from settled.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Exactly.

I got an idea. Lets take first Nations people and let them have the USA and take all people of european decent and put them on the indian reservations.

That will put an end to all this climate change global warming nonsense real quick.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Actually snow in NM in April is cyclically normal. As a kid it wasn't uncommon to help friends keep their pecan and fruit trees from freezing in mid-May. The span of the late 90s to around 2010 was a drought bookended by periods of heavy rain but little snow. That follows a roughly 50-60 cycle that has been tracked back to the Pueblo Indians time hundreds of years before the Spanish colonized the area.

It's all cycles

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Actually snow in NM in April is cyclically normal. As a kid it wasn't uncommon to help friends keep their pecan and fruit trees from freezing in mid-May. The span of the late 90s to around 2010 was a drought bookended by periods of heavy rain but little snow. That follows a roughly 50-60 cycle that has been tracked back to the Pueblo Indians time hundreds of years before the Spanish colonized the area.

It's all cycles
Going back into a cooling trend in the near future then?

Tidal guage data shows cyclic trend.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Exactly.

I got an idea. Lets take first Nations people and let them have the USA and take all people of european decent and put them on the indian reservations.

That will put an end to all this climate change global warming nonsense real quick.

Why?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Actually, if you look at the temperature graphs, you will find that, if you discount El Nino years, the temp really hasn't been rising all that much.

The temps don't have to raise that much even little increments over time will have an effect. You know like water wearing away at rock.

I am sure that you will agree that El Nino is a localized weather event and should not be considered as proof of CAGC.

Of course it shouldn't be just like dogwood winter it only affects certain regions. But the increase of severity of the weather events does show that it is being effected by climate change.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Exactly.

Well gee thanks. You people wreck the place and then you want give it back.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: TonyS

I just dont get these people. Anthropomorphic global warming/global climate change is settled science! There's simply nothing left to debate and those who attempt to argue otherwise are complicit with a crime against humanity right along with those in the oil and gas industry and the coal business.

Yea, pass some laws against questioning the science of global warming.

Lock them up!

Question it by all means, just do it intelligently, using rational arguments.

Saying it snowed today, at the end of April, therefore global warming is not happening is just silly.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

I just dont get these people. Anthropomorphic global warming/global climate change is settled science! There's simply nothing left to debate and those who attempt to argue otherwise are complicit with a crime against humanity right along with those in the oil and gas industry and the coal business.

Lock them up!

Saying it snowed today, at the end of April, therefore global warming is not happening is just silly.

Question.

Why is the rate of sea level rise not accelerating on the tidal gauge records?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Lock them up!

Question.

Why is the rate of sea level rise not accelerating on the tidal gauge records?

I don't know. I'm not a climatologist.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22180851]D8Tee
[/www.skeptical-science.com...]

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk
I see what link you were trying to give me.link

Thing is, GMSL, which is what they now measure with satellites, has no bearing on coastal sea level rise.

The global mean sea level (GMSL) we estimate is an average over the oceans (limited by the satellite inclination to ± 66 degrees latitude), and it cannot be used to predict relative sea level changes along the coasts.

link

Also, unless they go back and manipulate the data yet again, their own record shows a decrease in the rate of sea level rise during the current era of satellite meausrement.

Our current best estimate of the rates during the first (1993–2002) and second (2003–2012) decades of the altimeter era are 3.5 and 2.7 mm yr−1, respectively, though important sources of uncertainty persist and raise caution regarding the record’s early years
link

The most important thing that everyone should know about climate change and sea-level is that there's been no detectable sustained acceleration (increase) in the rate of sea-level rise in over 85 years. All around the world, the best sea-level measurements all show the same thing: an almost perfectly linear trend. Sea-level is rising no faster now, with CO2 at 0.040% of the atmosphere, than it was when CO2 was less than 0.031% of the atmosphere, in the early 1930s, during the Great Depression.

Thankfully the climatologists can't get their hands on the tidal gauge data and start manipulating it, the Coast Guard would have a fit.

edit on 30-4-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The planet has been warming incrementally since the little Ice Age.

The planet has green by 14 % with the increase in CO2. We have had record crop yields because of it.

Sea levels are rising has they have been for almost 200 years.

Please provide your evidence of more "extreme" storms. The only thing I can find is "extreme" coverage of storm damage and blaming climate for damage caused by man's lack of foresight (ie developing Miami below sea level, building structures that interfere with river risings and causing flooding as in Louisana)

BTW - just what do you consider to be the perfect temperature for the planet?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's all cycles

Yes, occasionally it does snow in New Mexico.
But it is usually contained along the Colorado Border, Not down here in The Big Turkey (Albuquerque).

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Of course it shouldn't be just like dogwood winter it only affects certain regions. But the increase of severity of the weather events does show that it is being effected by climate change.

The first summary point of the most recent NOAA review of hurricane changes says the following:

It is premature to conclude that human activities–and particularly greenhouse gas emissions that cause global warming–have already had a detectable impact on Atlantic hurricane or global tropical cyclone activity. That said, human activities may have already caused changes that are not yet detectable due to the small magnitude of the changes or observational limitations, or are not yet confidently modeled (e.g., aerosol effects on regional climate).

However, it seems inappropriately wistful for an objective scientific statement. Something like “There has been no detectable human influence on Atlantic hurricane or global tropical cyclone activity over the past 70 years” would have been more neutral.

edit on 30-4-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
i used to live in northern wi and i know just what these guys are singing about last year i was in wisconsin it hit -50 with windchill so cold the moisture was froze out the air not a cloud in the sky cars wouldn't crank snowmoobile either it was a miserable sunny day the next week i hopped on board a plane and flew back to nc to stay.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You guys need to understand that scientists know the earth is warming. That was never up for debate. The debate centers on how much and what are the causes and what are the solutions or what do we need to do to mitigate any damage or adverse effects from Global Warming.

Global warming is averaged out over the entire "Globe". With ocean currents, jet stream, geography, weather patterns etc, certain geographic areas will behave differently that others, just like when it snows in Alaska but it's sunny in Las Vegas. LOL

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join