It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming. It's snowing in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I don't know specifically who you'd thank for that man caused global climate change snowfall - but since born I've done my part. Notwithstanding the suns natural part which bears mention along with occasional errant volcsno.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well, I know it seems weird that there is unseasonably cold weather in the South West US and that, of course, must PROVE that climate change is wrong? But seriously, looking at one area's local weather, even if its weird, isn't going to proved climate change one way or the other.

The point is that it is a Global phenomenon, and as a result entire systems of weather are changing. So yeah, I barely had winter where I live, and its at record highs. Am I saying that global climate change exists because of my one area? No.

I'm saying it because the ice is melting and the seas are rising.

Here. NASA says it better than I could.

NASA - Climate Change & Sea Level Rise

NASA Sea Level Change Portal
edit on 29-4-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I am not an expert on climate change, but my whole thought has always been yes the climate is changing and it will continue to change. Now, saying that, I believe we are arrogant to think that we know everything about the earth's climate and why it does what it does, for all we know our planet could be going through a cycle that has been going on for hundreds of millions of years and won't complete for hundreds of million more years.
I also think that we a species will be ok we are the best on the planet when it comes to adapting and surviving so no matter what the weather turns into I am sure we could work through it.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

yeah - tha't right. Weird weather events can only be used as proof of the theory of catastrophic anthropogenic climate change. It can not, must not be used to undermine the theory ever.

Please!!!

Got a drought - proof of CACC
Got a flood - proof of CACC
Got a heat wave - proof of CACC
Got a cold wave - proof of CACC
Mild weather in the Arctic - proof of CACC
Freezing weather - proof of CACC

Got that! Don't ever use weird weather in any other manner than as proof of CACC.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Well Violator... you clearly don't understand global warming/climate change now do you? It doesn't mean that every place at every moment is hotter. That's what the idiots believe. What global warming means is an incremental average increase in temperature globally. That causes, amongst other things, rising sea levels, lowering of inland (freshwater) levels, and disruptions in established weather patterns (like snow in New Mexico in April). Suggest you read-up...

No global warming for 18 years and 8 months, well that's what my news feeds tell me....

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's just dogwood winter no big deal it happens every year.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

originally posted by: jtma508
Well Violator... you clearly don't understand global warming/climate change now do you? It doesn't mean that every place at every moment is hotter. That's what the idiots believe. What global warming means is an incremental average increase in temperature globally. That causes, amongst other things, rising sea levels, lowering of inland (freshwater) levels, and disruptions in established weather patterns (like snow in New Mexico in April). Suggest you read-up...

No global warming for 18 years and 8 months, well that's what my news feeds tell me....

I suggest you start getting your news from a different source. Temps have been going up for over a decade.
Global Temperature

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

Got a drought - proof of CACC
Got a flood - proof of CACC
Got a heat wave - proof of CACC
Got a cold wave - proof of CACC
Mild weather in the Arctic - proof of CACC
Freezing weather - proof of CACC

Got that! Don't ever use weird weather in any other manner than as proof of CACC.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Actually, if you look at the temperature graphs, you will find that, if you discount El Nino years, the temp really hasn't been rising all that much.

I am sure that you will agree that El Nino is a localized weather event and should not be considered as proof of CAGC.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Loved the Video thanks lol couped up in the casa during thunderstorms all day...what a nice bit o sunshine to WARM our day

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It's the average change of climate over many years not fluctuations of weather in short time frames.

I for one have no problem in thinking that we've stuffed the climate (we're a natural part of this planet so what we're doing is natural, right?) However, what I DO have a problem with is governments trying to make money off it and ripping off everyday people.
edit on 29 4 2017 by Yarrow83 because: typo

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Yeah lol That's "Minnesotans FOR Global Warming". Check out their other stuff too.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
Is it snowing where you live?
All this crap about global warming!
Currently, Albuquerque is above the yearly amount of precipitation
and sustaining avg temp. www.weather.gov...

At this rate of global warming, we’ll be having more snowball fights and snow skiing in April.
All the while covering carbon footprints with snow and drowning out carbon taxes.

I'm not surprised in the least.
Dark Winter: How the Sun is causing a 30 year cold spell

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You do realize that in the next 200 years, everyone posting here will be dead, don't you!

Dead dammit!

DEAD!

All because you didn't obey Al Gore and give him all your money.

Hater.

Screw you man. I wont be dead ill be a cyborg.

Although I can swim. The people who cant will die off. natural selection is a jem isnt it?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Well, I know it seems weird that there is unseasonably cold weather in the South West US and that, of course, must PROVE that climate change is wrong? But seriously, looking at one area's local weather, even if its weird, isn't going to proved climate change one way or the other.

The point is that it is a Global phenomenon, and as a result entire systems of weather are changing. So yeah, I barely had winter where I live, and its at record highs. Am I saying that global climate change exists because of my one area? No.

I'm saying it because the ice is melting and the seas are rising.

Here. NASA says it better than I could.

NASA - Climate Change & Sea Level Rise

NASA Sea Level Change Portal

Oh and we all know NASA doesnt lie do they right? I mean its not like they arent getting FUNDING or corprorate donations to push this line of consensus. COnsensus hasnt worked so well for science in the past.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Albuquerque is at an altitude of over 5,000 feet, it gets about a foot of snow every year. What's the big deal?

If it hasn't been mentioned yet: Google "Weather vs. Climate" and calm yourself.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I just dont get these people. Anthropomorphic global warming/global climate change is settled science! There's simply nothing left to debate and those who attempt to argue otherwise are complicit with a crime against humanity right along with those in the oil and gas industry and the coal business.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Come on guys, its snowing at high altitude, it just proves that all the smart people where really wrong.

Good thing we have ats to save us all.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Im in my 40s when I was a kid They were saying the Ozone layer would be gone by now and we were all doomed.

Stop using hair spray for gods sake lol no more putting Freon in your own car your killing us all the ozone has a huge hole in it.

30 years later did they just make a patch for the hole? because I dont feel so doomed.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Do you remember the big "Global Cooling" scare of the 1970's? The next Ice Age was upon us and democracy was doomed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join