It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Days …..of Tweets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Trump signed lots and lots of Executive Orders - absolutely the most ever (well, since WW2) - but those EO’s have not resulted in actual action. And despite controlling the Senate and Congress, it seems he doesn’t after all. No new laws have been actually passed.

Trump’s one real accomplishment to date is having his pick approved for the Supreme Court - but even that victory is being credited mostly to Senate leader McConnell.

Drat those pesky checks and balances. As Trump says, “I thought it would be easier.”

Some are saying the US passed its “stress test on constitutional democracy,” and blocked an authoritarian regime. Others say American democracy is still in danger.

What say you? Will Trump start WW3 to get his name top billing in the history books?

edit on 29-4-2017 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

You don't believe the other candidate wouldn't have started WW3?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

But but hillary!

Typical.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Einstein said, “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” So no, I do not believe the "other candidate" would have started WW3. It takes a special kind of stupid to go that route.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The Clintons are the ones who gave NK nukes. Who are you kidding?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This tweet is relevant for this thread. Trump's response to coverage of the first 100 days.

onald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 5m5 minutes ago
Mainstream (FAKE) media refuses to state our long list of achievements, including 28 legislative signings, strong borders & great optimism!

twitter.com...

edit on 29-4-2017 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Dow’s rally from election through Trump’s first 100 days is a postwar record

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Regardless of what Trump has or had not accomplished, I just find it weird that he's constantly retweeting anyone who says he's done a good job and blurbs from Fox programs he watches.

Regardless of the "who is the fake news vs who is the real news?" debate (I believe all of it is fake, so to speak), anyone remember when Fox News was the fake news? Constantly misleading people and creating sensational nonsense to get the right worked up against the left? I sure do. But now they're the real news according to Trump, who only tweets about being interviewed when he's on Fox.

I believe the pole shift has already occurred.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

FOX is still fake news to the left. My parents just visited, my dad's a die hard MA liberal, he said FOX would never say anything anti-Trump and if it's real news then his channels would have it.

I put on FOX (first time ever I actually put it on), and within 5 minutes there was multiple negative comments about trump and about 5 ongoing stories my dad had never even heard about. He watches CNN and MSNBC, his favorite is Maddow. He said if her show doesn't have it then it's not news.

I have to admit I never watched it until recently, about 1 year ago, it's on at work sometimes.

It's by far the best news station there is, which is not saying much really, as it all sucks.
edit on 29-4-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Well he's going to be in the history books already.
Let's just leave it at that.
I'm not expecting any monumental legislation out of him. He isn't a lawyer and he doesn't consult anyone who knows how to do things.
I do expect him to still be talking about how great he thinks himself to be. How he's just about the best damn thing since sliced bread.
On day 1459 he'll tell us how he beat Hillary. Then he'll hold a another rally.

And he will have burned up the twittersphere by then.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

He has signed bills into law. It's a lie no new laws have been enacted. Not all acts are as big as the Affordable Care Act. An act that big only comes once every few decades.

thehill.com...
edit on 29-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

No Gary Johnson probably would be to stoned to start WW3.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Rand Paul was the best choice. Gary Johnson is wacko.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Maybe but Rand Paul was not on the ballot of all 50states Gary Johnson was. Besides I was trying to make a point that people auto default to the other candidate being Hillary. I guess that's to be expected in a system that is not conducive to third parties. If you could not tell my reference to him being a stoner is my stab at humor. No he didn't stand a rats chance at winning but he was still better in my mind then the two mainstream bozos so I voted for him and I would do it again given the same awful choices. And Yes even Rand Paul would be a much better choice then Trump or Hillary.
edit on 29-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

I didn't like Gary Johnson because his running mate Bill Weld is a neocon whose fave politician is Merkel. It seems Gary Johnson was the jester while Bill Weld was the man behind the chair.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The same people itching about Trump tweeting telling the people whats on his mind are the same people who are bitching about him not being transparent enough. lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
66 Eo's. compared to the HUNDREDS by those previously.

Litigation tied up in courts that have yet to be heard at the Scotus.

Has stopped nothing.

Trump can be hardly considered 'authoritarian'.

For that he'd have to infringe a constitution right like the second and make people show id and made to ask the states permisson to practce a RIGHT.

Or pass a LAW that forced people to buy a corporate product (healthcare).

100 days of complete total fabrications of Trumps 'guilt'.
edit on 29-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

This is about what we have:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

The same people itching about Trump tweeting telling the people whats on his mind are the same people who are bitching about him not being transparent enough. lol.

I know, why can't he be more like barack, bill or george?!

Now THOSE guys knew how to be a prez!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod

Erm. No. I read the international stuff - where his tweets are considered a joke. As far as transparency goes, the rest of the world is much more concerned about Trump's reliability (he changes policy on a dime, can't be trusted). Here's a quick taste of others' perceptions.

CTV News:

By the numbers: First 100 days of Trump

Internaional Business Times.

Trump's First 100 Days In The White House

BBC:

100 days: America in a time of Trump

Al Jazeera:

One hundred days of Trump - World War III has not broken out yet, but there are 1300 more days to go.

edit on 30-4-2017 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join