It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Miracle Weed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I found this little article and thought it would be a good idea to share it here.
A lot of useful information about this plant and the many uses for it.I had a
neighbor give me some but I forgot to replant them.I will try again this year.
Enjoy the article and post if you wish to...
www.offthegridnews.com...

I found another article and am adding it to this one...www.offthegridnews.com...
edit on 29-4-2017 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I thought you were talking about a different kind of weed...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I thought it would be a good idea to get the seeds or seedlings for these "weeds"
to add to your survival gardens.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

This is awesome information!

I'm going to get some as soon as I can along with a few other essential plants.

Thank you so much
For posting this.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Anytime I find stuff like this online I try to share with others here.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing this. That's a great website.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
You might put the name / species in the OP.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm going to have to plant some of that lambs ear in the back, it has a nice flower. I like yarrow, plantain, and dandelion in the yard. Clover is overtaking the yard too, but it is still hard to find a four leaf clover. They make a clover now that has all four leafs, kind of takes the fun out of searching for a four leafer.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Here is an article on how to care for this "weed",Lamb's ear...
garden.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Jewelweed works well also. It my favorite cure for poison ivy or bug bites.

altnature.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Be careful in planting this stuff. I had some around the house and it will take over if you don't keep it cut/pulled back. Mint will do the same. I planted 2 and the next thing I know, it's everywhere. Although..on a warm Summer night, the mint, mixed with the scent from all my roses, smelled so good.
edit on 29-4-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That just means u need to find a 5 leaf clover

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Cool thank you! It makes me wonder why people don't have half of whats in their medicine cabinets planted in their back yards. This weed could replace antiseptic, neosporin, ibuprofen, preparation H, rubbing alcohol, throat lozenges, hydrogen peroxide and pepto bismol.

Here is an additional List of common plants to grow in your backyard for a variety of medicinal needs too.

Good ole ma nature..
edit on 29-4-2017 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Greetings -

Thank You for reminding Me that I've 'lived' long enough, so if it gets to eating weeds or using them for tissue paper, I'll let someone else have My turn.. I don't want to read all "Agenda 21' like but I have to draw the line somewhere, plus after My Epiphany a few years ago put things into perspective.. I mean look how folks treat each other now, now add everyone is in "Survival Mode" I guess that bejeweled cell phone loses its shine when Your neighbor is shooting at You through the barred front window.

Plus I have dogs and a Mother-In-Law who pushes a cart around, so I'm stuck. Now if I ever end up single I'm headed to Uruguay, exchange rate +; great weather + and I doubt these warhawks who really dig war, would start out in Uruguay, but I'm thinking after the first BIG WAR when the 'remainders' finally figure out that "War" is just manufactured malarkey to absorb even more $$$ from Dullards who are happy w/their bejeweled phones and the Selfies they snap...

But please don't get Me wrong... I do appreciate You taking the "time" (Our most prized possession, and if it gets down to eating weeds as opposed to smoking them, that doesn't seem like a 'Fun Time' so deal Me OUT) to share with the other members of ATS™

Thanks again... Stay Hydrated...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Not only does it wipe your bunghole .. but leaves a soothing feeling. (or how I imagine it anyway)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Mint spreads through its root system sending up new suckers to colonise new ground as well as any seeds.

For mint just keep it in a pot/bucket or something else if you don't want it to spread, the container can be planted in the ground but leave a lip and watch for the roots growing over the top.

Same applies to any other plant that spreads this way - nettles, many bamboo's.......

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
When I first saw this thread I was expecting to see Taraxacum officinale, aka the Dandelion...

It is considered a weed by most people, yet it has several culinary uses. The flowers can be used to make dandelion wine and to make dyes, the greens can be used in salads, and the roots can be used to make a coffee substitute. It was used by Native Americans as a food and medicine.

new topics

top topics

join