It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker called The Dark Overlord holding Netflix show OrangeisnewBlack Hostage released new episode

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nivek555

Netflix might as well release it now instead of June 8. It's out there now if people want to see it bad enough.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I agree.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Perfectenemy
Who wants to watch season 5 without having seen 1-4?

A lot of people like to binge watch shows starting with Season 1, so there are always going to be viewers. I think the show has run it's course but it still has tons of fans out there.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Well i don't watch OTNB but the illegal release proves that it wasn't just a publicity stunt. I wouldn't even recommend downloading the leaks. However something still smells fishy. You could infect a lot of harddrives with these leaks too. I'm highly suspicious of hackers who are in it just for the money.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

A lot of people like to binge watch shows starting with Season 1, so there are always going to be viewers. I think the show has run it's course but it still has tons of fans out there.

Anyone who relies on torrents doesn't have Netflix anyways. I don't see how this hurts Netflix much. If anything it could make people want to get Netflix to start at season 1.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Well, I can understand how this may come as a shock, but, there does exist such a thing as a person who has already seen #1 thru #4.

I'm guessing this was done with That person in mind.

Maybe that person recently lost their netfix subscription, due to economic difficulty. Or perhaps upon downloading Season 5, they will now cancel their subscription until Season 6 comes out, cause maybe this show is the only show they like or have time to watch.

The 2 or 3 people on the planet who fit into one of these very specific categories will be delighted!

But yes, i get what you are saying. This wasnt the most profitable scheme. I'm thinking this wasnt so much a premeditated money scheme, and more of a crime of opportunity. Maybe an employee or maybe ex employee is behind it, or someone who knows an employee used them, tricked them, or just asked real nicely, for the info needed to do this easily.

I'm just envisioning a situation where it's like, its right there in front of you, and its so easy, so, why not?

As you know, they released the whole season, so, whatever they were asking for, they did not get. Also, there is a note on the download page where dipstick told everyone ahead of time that its not a very good quality recording... Threatening to release a low quality recording (thats another good question...why is it a low quality recording? Do they have lower quality recordings sitting around, under less security, for the use of some kind of editing or production work of some kind, so the lower level employees can access it? Maybe the person who writes a description of each episode, or who creates the promo spots needs to see it, but they dont trust these lower level employess not to make a copy and sell it, so they only let them see just enough to do their jobs, and at low quality that nobody would pay actual money for.

Maybe they have other shows they will release and this was just to prove that they aren't bluffing? What would Netflix do if they release this whole season and then they said "now pay me 25grand or I release all your top 5 shows next seasons. But they are really bluffing, but the guys at netflix are like "I don't think he's bluffing! Look, they just released the whole season 5 of Orange Is..."

The "kidnappers" were probably not smart enough and only threatened the season 5 release of this one show... Or maybe netflix could look at the electronic trail and see that, Yes, it looks like they did get everything we have on Orange is the New Black, low quality version, but they didn't get anything else... Tell em to go to Hell!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join