It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested in machete attack at KY college told Repub student 'you are safe'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope if what he says is true, it looks like he snapped and broke with reality.

He admits the bullying led him to a drug OD and mental health problems. A break from reality is a certainty.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

He wasn't censored.

No one wanted to be his friend because of his very strong conservative belief and values, which others didn't hold, so people didn't talk to him.

While he says he was bullied, and gave examples of words that could be considered bullying, he gives neither context nor examples.

Basically, no one wanted to be his friend because of his very extreme conservative beliefs, is what it sounds like.

He wrote he received aggression and belittling due to his political beliefs. That's garden-variety censorship.

I don't think the kid was all there, and was probably prone to exaggerating, but if what he says is true, it looks like he snapped and broke with reality.

That is not censorship.

For your second sentence, agreed.

He never talks about how he expressed his points of view that might have caused people to shun him. That's a big point.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How in the Hell are you coming up with him being a victim? Is that because you assume all schools of higher learning are always Liberal? If so, that's really stupid.

He wasn't a victim. He created victims.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I wonder what it would be like had Hillary won?
Sometimes it's just best to keep your politics to yourself.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Complete lie.

If this was a constant, ongoing thing to such a degree he would have a myriad of examples. I know I would, and I would list them, not just cry "They're mean to me because I'm conservative and won't be my friend!"

He's whining and using his conservative beliefs as a crutch.

Him being a Trump supporter caused him to be physically assaulted.

If he is telling truth, that is. After all, he is playing the victim and he just took a machete or ax to a college coffee shop, so, there's always that.

link   

Then he was obviously damaged to begin with..could of been anything that may of triggered him..at some point.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: underwerks

You said it was affiliated with a conservative christian church. It's not, it's one of the most liberal church's around.

I posted a review of someone saying it's VERY liberal, and if you are a conservative you will be greatly outnumbered.

Your assessment of the campus was off, it's fine, it happens to us all.

I never said once in this thread its affiliated with a conservative Christian church. Maybe you want to read back through.

Well we have this ...

originally posted by: underwerks
Transy isn't some left wing majority school, it's a private Christian university. Majorly right wing.

originally posted by: underwerks a private Christian school in Kentucky isn't going to be a liberal majority place.

You kept saying it's Christian, so has to be right wing. The only inference that can be made is that the Christian affiliation is what makes it right wing.

Except in this case it makes it LEFT WING, because it's affiliated with a LIBERAL Christian group.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope if what he says is true, it looks like he snapped and broke with reality.

He admits the bullying led him to a drug OD and mental health problems. A break from reality is a certainty.

Did any of the bullies force him to take the drugs that led to his overdose?

I take it they broke into his home, held him down, and forced him to swallow the pills?

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Awesome goal post moving. First it's he gives no examples. I show examples, and you change to he's maybe lying.

You've been exposed as someone with no interest in what has actually happened.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Did any of the bullies force him to take the drugs that led to his overdose?

I take it they broke into his home, held him down, and forced him to swallow the pills?

So when a girl commits suicide from bullying the liberal stance is so what, no one broke in and forced her to cut her wrist. I'll remember that the next time I hear a liberal talk about someone who was bullied.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Then he was obviously damaged to begin with..could of been anything that may of triggered him..at some point.

Anyone will become damaged with enough abuse. The only question is how much does it take. We all break eventually.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The exact opposite probably. That's due, in my opinion, to people caring less about the substance of their own beliefs and more about conflicting with people that don't share those shallowly held beliefs.
edit on 4/29/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

How in the Hell are you coming up with him being a victim? Is that because you assume all schools of higher learning are always Liberal? If so, that's really stupid.

Awesome of you to post without reading anything.

I don't need to assume they all are. This one is. He actually wrote multiple articles about the liberal bullying. I also posted a review of the school talking about how liberal it is, and I sourced the school is affiliated with a VERY liberal christian church.

Try reading next time.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The exact opposite probably. That's due, in my opinion, to people caring less about the substance of their own beliefs and more about conflicting with people that down share those shallowly held beliefs.

On the whole the liberal party is far more militant than conservatives, so I think things would not be much different.

link   

Anyone that causes this type of violent harm is damaged.

Everyone.

That should never excuse him from punishment.

link   

Awesome goal post moving. First it's he gives no examples. I show examples, and you change to he's maybe lying.

I didn't move anything. I read the essay. With the exception of the one incident in college he mentioned everything is abstract, including he being supposedly assaulted. He's whining because the liberals won't be his friend because of his beliefs.

Um, and what exactly is "happening?"

That when a conservative hacks up a coffee shop because he claims he was bullied he's a victim?
edit on 29-4-2017 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Bullying and discrimination are tools of censorship, and being bullied and discriminated against due to political views is being censored. But as you pointed out, his stories may be less than accurate.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

Um, and what exactly is "happening?"

That when a conservative hacks up a coffee shop because he claims he was bullied he's a victim?

No, that these labels and tags don't matter. Conservative, liberal, black, white, anyone who is bullied until they break is a victim.

That does not excuse their actions, but their tormentors are horrible little turds who likely have a special place in Hell waiting for them. Although that's between them and God.

I love how liberals are so against bullying ... until it's a group they don't like, then bullying is no big deal. Hypocrites.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I'm afraid you are right..it's come to that..so much division, it would be ugly either way.

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Are you going to set there and deny the outpouring of sympathy and understanding some get when they go off? You have probably done it yourself.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join