It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested in machete attack at KY college told Repub student 'you are safe'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: SirHardHarry

I would submit tha the distribution of disturbed people along the political spectrum would look like an inverse bell curve.

And your submission testifies to the likelihood that almost
all truly slathering political ideology must indeed fly upside
down to common sense and maybe intelligence.

Honest to God, I tested rather conservative a few years ago...
and it looks like now I'm gauging to a notch left of center.
Maybe the nutball curve is stretching out like the Cheshire
Cat approaching the event horizon of our mental demise.
Trouble is, maybe we 'normies' are stuck inside the bowl curve.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

So He was Not just some Crazy Fookin' NUT , but a Consencious Republican Sympathiser ? I See............

edit on 2-5-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

That would depend what the western action was in response to. You have to follow it back to who threw the first stone.

Then you really can't call the suspect in the OP a victim without also calling them victims in the scenario I presented, since we could *try* to continue to trace everything backwards to an original catalyst (which preceded the liberal bullying, for example, what caused them to do what they did to him?).

See, it's not so simple.

No...it isn't simple. But if the catalyst WAS him being attacked by the left and his reaction was attacking/defending himself from the left...he may be (dare I say) justified.

Lets say I go to a protest and voice my opinion peacefully. I have a right to be there and to speak. I NEVER commit a crime, attack another person, etc. But each time I show up, some liberal hits me with a stick. Every damn time I'm peacefully speaking, a freakin liberal hits me with a stick...and it hurts...and it injures me. I go to the hospital, pay for my care and nurse my wounds. I go to another protest and see a liberal. Am I justified to protect myself from the abuse I'm used to receiving by shooting him between the eyes because he is carrying a stick and I fear for my life?

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You have got to be f'ing kidding..justified?..give your head a shake

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Am I justified to protect myself from the abuse I'm used to receiving by shooting him between the eyes because he is carrying a stick and I fear for my life?

Jesus Christ.

This is seriously your example and argument? This suspect premeditated, put a bunch of knives into a bag, went to a coffee shop with a machete where people were minding their own business, and attempted to hack them up after inquiring about political affiliation. There is NO comparison between your example and what happened in the OP.

My god, the mental gymnastics at work here...

I honestly can't tell if you're seriously wack or not, based upon some of your posts.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Olympic quality mental gymnastics to be sure.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
A few updates:

Link

A search warrant was issued to search the suspect's laptop.

The Fayette District Court has approved the search of a laptop used by Mitchell W. Adkins, 19, the man charged by police in a machete attack at Transylvania University on April 28.

The affidavit in support of the search warrant mentioned how “Adkins had authored a statement utilizing the Internet-based site ‘Buzzfeed’ where he proclaimed his distaste with Transylvania’s political atmosphere and intolerance for political affiliation,”

Additionally:

“It was during the interview of Mr. Adkins parents, they informed investigators that their son had previously written a suicide note on his computer in regards to the assault that occurred on Transylvania’s campus,” [Lexington police detective Steve] McCown said in the affidavit.

Poor, sick kid.

I'd love to read this suicide note, although I'm sure it's a rehash of his Buzzfeed essay—er, manifesto.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

And your submission testifies to the likelihood that almost
all truly slathering political ideology must indeed fly upside
down to common sense and maybe intelligence.

Conclusion:

Strict adherence to political ideology is, essentially, like belonging to a cult—of any sort.

And we see this enough with political bickering and hypocrisy in every aspect.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Wow, this guy was actually released on bond.

White guy takes a machete to a college coffee shop and attempts to hack people up: gets bond.
White supremacist has a garage full of bomb making materials and a picture of Timothy Mcveigh, gets bond.

Adkins, who was released from jail on a $25,500 cash bond on May 1, will be back in front of Judge Kimberly Bunnell on Aug. 11 and has a pretrial conference scheduled for July 13.

Link

Can't find much information about the August 11 hearing, though.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:40 PM
link   

OMG, OMG, OMG... 1 so called Republican vs... millions of lunatics whom call all police officers, including minority officers, racists, fascists and call for either to put people in concentration camps to "re-educate them", or call for the murder of anyone who dares not kowtow to your Marxist views?...

Not to mention murdering dozens of police officers, murdering dozens and attacking thousands of business owners whom attempted to defend their businesses meanwhile the majority of the left cheer for the rioters, attackers and murderers and together with their CCP loving democrat party the left has paid the bail of actual criminals in your ranks and call for more of your criminals to keep attacking?...

edit on 15-4-2021 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Apr, 15 2021 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Want to know the difference between R's and D's?

Republicans aren't going to defend this scumbag.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   
OMG OMG OMG.

If I were a person of little substance I might also try to troll a four year old thread simply because of the author.

Pathetic, but expected.

posted on Apr, 21 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Kali74

No Antifa seems to get thoroughly stomped when folks have had enough of their #.

I'd gladly punch them in their #ing faces too.

Still.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join